Animazement results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Zarxrax
Org Profile

Animazement results

Post by Zarxrax » Sun May 30, 2004 1:58 pm

Someone requested the results in another thread, so I'll try. I totally forget one of the winners though -_-;;;

First Prize was to Kusoyaro for his Build me up, Buttercup video with Kare Kano.

Either 2nd or 3rd prize (I think it was 3rd) went to Jbone for an akira video. I totally don't remember what the other video here was. Maybe someone else can correct these 2 spots.

Runner up was an X video by Senta Miller.

Finally, fan favorite was AMV Hell by Zarxrax and SSGWNBTD.

norskotaku
Org Profile

Post by norskotaku » Sun May 30, 2004 3:19 pm

the Akira vid took 3rd place. 2nd went to an Animatrix vid to a fisherspooner song.

with the amount of entries, I was surprised to see only 1st, 2nd, 3rd place instead of separate awards for each category.

dji
Org Profile

Post by dji » Sun May 30, 2004 5:08 pm

I wasn't there.. but Nate told me..

1st PLACE: Kusoyaro for his Kare Kano vid
2nd PLACE: Dji for his Animatrix vid
3rd PLACE: Jbone for his Akira vid

I don't know about the rest.. of the info. I hope this helps.
"12 out of 10 crazy bald guys luv my new avatar!"

Kurai Seraphim
Org Profile

Post by Kurai Seraphim » Sun May 30, 2004 10:27 pm

Animazement has never done categories in the six years I've been attending. They simply have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, honorable mention, fan favorite, and "made up" award. The made up one is named depending on the video that wins in, such as "the Straightjacket Award" for the Space Madness video two years ago.

I will say that the results completely surprised me. I thought I had everything picked in advance and I was completely wrong ranking-wise. I expected AMV Hell to do much better, given it was totally the awesomeness² and everyone really enjoyed it. I curse the two of you, as I had literally the same idea of the multi-part rejected video concept last year, only I was going to set it up with a radio tuner instead of a TV channel thing. Oh well, my own fault for not acting on it fast enough and you guys did an awesome job, so no more complaining from me.

Once more videos are up for download, I'll give a run down of my favorites that didn't win.
Animazement AMV Contest Coordinator
http://www.animazement.org
Amv@animazement.org

Green Midget
Org Profile

Post by Green Midget » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:17 pm

The X video was called "End of All Hope"

Return to “AMV Contests”