Are there even?

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Are there even?

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu Sep 05, 2002 2:40 pm

My girlfriend wants to go to Yaoi-con this october and I know they have an AMV contest (a very specific one I might ad in regards to content). Either way, I was just wondering if anyone here has entered vids in Yaoi con and if I should be afraid of what I'm getting myself into by going.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Wonka
Org Profile

Post by Wonka » Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:38 pm

Carlos won at Yaoi-con before. Guess its not just the ladies that cant resist that rico suave charm eh?

Yosho
Org Profile

Post by Yosho » Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:48 am

I know two people who are entering the Yaoicon amv contest, but I'm not sure if either of them want to be known in this thread for reasons unknown. But I will tell you that one of them is a big name amv creator.
-Brick Wall Productions

"It takes a man very confortable with his heterosexuality to have sex with another man!"
-Jeremy "Donny Gayeman" Simmons

anneke
Org Profile

Post by anneke » Fri Sep 06, 2002 2:51 pm

Yaoi-con.... You all knew I would pop in here eventually. <grin>

Last year Carlos (of Mindwarp Entertainment), entered and won (tied) for Best Technical, with myself.

Doki Doki also entered a video to the contest last year. It would have done well, except for a fatal flaw. It had gay males in it, but not Bishy males. (It was muscle men, instead of long haired fem guys).

I entered and attended Yaoi-con. It was the best convention I have ever been to. It's only for those over 18, and thus the maturity level of the convention is nice. There was also a large percentage of people who wrote fanfiction, or read Japanese (to read their Yaoi DJs). So you have people who I found to be alittle more educated in regards to Yaoi. (If no other reason then they can tell you all the reasons why certain characters must be gay, in various series).

There will be males at the convention, and if they are cute, they will find no lack in companionship. If nothing else friendship, and drooling factor. There will be stright males at the convention (there were some last year).

Basically the convention is big on tolerance, so as long as your tolerant of everyone else's beliefs and life styles, they will be tolerant and respectful of yours. (You also can get into the most interesting conversations).

I will be attending Yaoi-con and I know alot of people who are entering the contest. I don't want to say names at this time, because they may not wish to announce such yet. I will have three videos in the contest, and I will be running the AMV panel, (I could always use more/new panelists). So there is AMV things to do. The convention is also highly social.

I think that covers everything.

Anneke

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:47 pm

Ok, so it looks like I'll be fie there. I'm as tollerant as peple come. I was just wondernig what the con wa like and the attendance since this will be my first time there. My girlfriend is a huge doujinshi fan and really wants to go so I'm willing to go with her. Sounds fair enough. I didn't realize we had so many people here who entered in the con (I just learned about it so the con seemed like a lesser known one to me).
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

anneke
Org Profile

hehehe

Post by anneke » Fri Sep 06, 2002 4:03 pm

It is a small convention. They are hoping for 500-700 people. I don't know if they will get it this year. It's small but very friendly and social.
If your girlfriend loves DJs, she will adore the dealer's room, but she better have plans to get in when the doors open, because that's when everyone else will head in, and alot of those fan girls are from out of the area, and live in areas where DJs are near impossiable to get. I never saw more money change hands faster then the first hour the dealer's room was open last year.

I will take some of the blame for the convention being well advertised here. Last year I publicized it alot here, and how I got Doki Doki and Machine to enter. I've also let people know about it when I've met people on both sides of the country.

However it was also a wonderful convention and word of mouth spread quickly. It's a well run convention. Just beware of shrieking fan girls.

Anneke

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:10 pm

Wonka wrote:Carlos won at Yaoi-con before. Guess its not just the ladies that cant resist that rico suave charm eh?
*Makes himeself look sexy...
*has arnold schwarzenger voice

LOOK AT MY BUTT!

WATCH HOW IT STRETCHES!

:twisted:

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:39 pm

Machine wrote:*Makes himeself look sexy...
*has arnold schwarzenger voice

LOOK AT MY BUTT!

WATCH HOW IT STRETCHES!

:twisted:
:lol:
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”