Windows Movie Maker Challenge: The Results!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Sun May 23, 2004 9:27 pm

grats to the winners, I thought Dongster's video had a strong chance of winning before hand since I had the pleasure of oping his video beforehand. It is good proof that excellent timing can be acheived with wmm.

Now I need to download the other 2 vids that won ;p
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

kain2983
Org Profile

Post by kain2983 » Sun May 23, 2004 9:46 pm

you should like them bakadeshi they are good videos
My newest video: Semper Fi
The two before that: To Be Strong, This is how a man should be!!

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Sun May 23, 2004 10:15 pm

kain2983 wrote:you should like them bakadeshi they are good videos
aye that they are. I actually already had Arigatomyna's one, didn't realize it was the animals one. Anyways, all 3 vids are excellent and grats on the wins guys.
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Sun May 23, 2004 10:15 pm

Damn I should work for the physic network :)

J.Alana
Org Profile

Post by J.Alana » Sun May 23, 2004 11:06 pm

I agree that Dong's vid did deserve to win and I will op each of the vids in the competition. I will start with the winners and work my way down the list. I really liked Dong's vid a lot. I have seen an Ippo vid like this before but not in the way he showcased it. He really did a spectacular job on the video as a whole and I have to say that he absolutely without a doubt deserved to win.

I think what this contest shows most of all is that whether you have been making vids for 6 months or 6 years, you can learn a lot from others. I know this contest has taught me a lot and I'm going to be sure to apply it in the next video.

I also enjoyed Aritoyoma's vid a lot. It was funny as hell, the timing was great and truly did deserve the second place spot because it had humor, bang up direction and excellent timing.

I did not think though tha the third place video deserved third place. All though it was a good vid, I saw a lot better vids in this competiton which easily could have beaten it. I'm not saying that to be whiny or a witch but I am being objective and stressing a point.

None the less, the judges have spoken. This was a great contest. I am glad to have met a lot of you and I'm glad to have spoken to some familar names too :D All in all, I had a great time with this. Its been over a year since I entered a tourny and this was terrific.

Peace

And to quote my all too familar tag line.

See ya on the next vid

Best Regards,

J
J. Alana
J&P Productions/Sakura Zuka studios

dongster138
Org Profile

Post by dongster138 » Sun May 23, 2004 11:32 pm

WOW!

that's all i have to say. wow. for my video to win in a group of such greatness, well, it's funny to me. i had no idea. i wanted to rank high honestly, but truely against the other vids i saw, i honestly lost hope for a top spot. that's really amazing, i'm glad i could bring such enjoyment to others as i've totally enjoyed making this video. i'm glad that it just wasn't a waste of time and there are ppl out there besides me that can appreciate it. thx a lot guys, i'm not really good with words, so that's all i can say, is thanks.

PS thx to bakadeshi for the indepth critique, it really helps, seriously man, thx a lot! and thx for all of your support from everyone!!

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun May 23, 2004 11:35 pm

dongster138 wrote:WOW!

that's all i have to say. wow. for my video to win in a group of such greatness, well, it's funny to me. i had no idea. i wanted to rank high honestly, but truely against the other vids i saw, i honestly lost hope for a top spot. that's really amazing, i'm glad i could bring such enjoyment to others as i've totally enjoyed making this video. i'm glad that it just wasn't a waste of time and there are ppl out there besides me that can appreciate it. thx a lot guys, i'm not really good with words, so that's all i can say, is thanks.

PS thx to bakadeshi for the indepth critique, it really helps, seriously man, thx a lot! and thx for all of your support from everyone!!
Check your email. :wink:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

dongster138
Org Profile

Post by dongster138 » Sun May 23, 2004 11:39 pm

lol, i'm thinking i'm thinking..... :D

dongster138
Org Profile

Post by dongster138 » Sun May 23, 2004 11:42 pm

are region free dvd's ok?

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun May 23, 2004 11:44 pm

dongster138 wrote:are region free dvd's ok?
Nope, gotta be region 1.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “AMV Contests”