The AMV Arena

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Master_Gohan22
Org Profile

The AMV Arena

Post by Master_Gohan22 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:42 pm

Well, I got an idea recently from a friend of mine for a new AMV competition. Its a competition with no champion made only for bragging rights. No deadlines or rounds of tournament play. You just choose someone you want to go up against and the two of you fight one on one. A record is kept of how many wins and loses you have and who youve beaten and lost to. Its not a tournament, its just to see if you can be the best. Its all about owning people. Check it out. Here's the link: The Arena. For all of you with scores to settle or just want to have something on someone, start up a battle. There can be more battle going on at once so keep challenging.

Tell me what you think!
Every man dies. Not every man really lives!!

Maverick-Rubik
The Eye of a Lynx
Org Profile

Post by Maverick-Rubik » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:17 pm

How are we supposed to "battle" eavhother? Iron Chef?

By the way, your sig is too big. :?

Katsumi_AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Katsumi_AMVs » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:23 pm

Not just the sig :?
Phade wrote:Forum signature images shall not be larger than 40 pixels tall or 600 pixels wide; any sig image exceeding these limits will be removed from the sig file without warning.
Phade wrote:Linked forum avatars shall not be larger than 80 pixels tall or 80 pixels wide; any avatar image exceeding these limits will be removed from the sig file without warning.
And about your idea , well for that kind of competition , we gonna need somebody to check the IP of the people whos going to post their votes , or we gonna have dozen of members creating lots of multiple accounts to vote in their own videos or in friends videos.

And this forums already have too much work for admins and mods , I don't think that they have free time enough to care about a bunch of AMVs competitions.

The idea it's not bad at all , you can ask people for 1 versus 1 AMVs competitions here the only problem it's that the number of people to vote it's unknown :? , we need people to join competitions and post their votes , the place it's already created you just hve to go there and search for people to compete with you , I'll be there to post my vote :)
Nothing usefull here .

Master_Gohan22
Org Profile

Post by Master_Gohan22 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:09 am

I'll fix my sig and avatar imediately. Thanks.
How are we supposed to "battle" eavhother?
The battling is like most other competitions. You put your vid against someone else's and the voters vote.
we gonna need somebody to check the IP of the people whos going to post their votes , or we gonna have dozen of members creating lots of multiple accounts to vote in their own videos or in friends videos.
Well, the votes wont be on a forum. They'll be done with online polls. They do a pretty good job of not letting more than one vote from an IP.
Every man dies. Not every man really lives!!

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:22 am

Paulo wrote:The idea it's not bad at all , you can ask people for 1 versus 1 AMVs competitions here the only problem it's that the number of people to vote it's unknown :? , we need people to join competitions and post their votes , the place it's already created you just hve to go there and search for people to compete with you , I'll be there to post my vote :)
Hey, Paulo-kun.... I'll pit one of my dbz vids against one of yours. You haven't made a new one in a while...hint-hint. ^.~

Katsumi_AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Katsumi_AMVs » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:27 am

Arigatomyna wrote:
Paulo wrote:The idea it's not bad at all , you can ask people for 1 versus 1 AMVs competitions here the only problem it's that the number of people to vote it's unknown :? , we need people to join competitions and post their votes , the place it's already created you just hve to go there and search for people to compete with you , I'll be there to post my vote :)
Hey, Paulo-kun.... I'll pit one of my dbz vids against one of yours. You haven't made a new one in a while...hint-hint. ^.~
OMG :shock:

You're gonna beat me easily if I put that vid to compete wtih your DBZ vids :shock:

But sounds fun ^^
Nothing usefull here .

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:29 am

Paulo wrote:OMG :shock:

You're gonna beat me easily if I put that vid to compete wtih your DBZ vids :shock:

But sounds fun ^^
I was hoping maybe you'd make a new DBZ vid, with your action sync, that would be cool to watch. ^.~

Katsumi_AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Katsumi_AMVs » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:44 am

My problem it's that I don't have any idea to a good DBZ vid . . . you know if I have to make one , I want to make something fair for that anime , I'm tired with that people saying that DBZ it's an anime for just crappy newbie vids :?

All that I have in my hand it's the movies DVDs , I mean I can buy them anytime I want , but the Cell and Boo episodes , I just have available to buy the box set , and the price it's around 100.000 yenes , around $900 bucks I guess :(
Nothing usefull here .

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:11 am

Paulo wrote:My problem it's that I don't have any idea to a good DBZ vid . . . you know if I have to make one , I want to make something fair for that anime , I'm tired with that people saying that DBZ it's an anime for just crappy newbie vids :?

All that I have in my hand it's the movies DVDs , I mean I can buy them anytime I want , but the Cell and Boo episodes , I just have available to buy the box set , and the price it's around 100.000 yenes , around $900 bucks I guess :(
Well, even a random action video can be fun to watch if the person has a good sense of timing (and you do). If you want to do a movie-only action vid, we could both make a random vid (I have 3 movies I can use for footage) and pit those against each other. I'm just trying to get you to make a dbz action vid, since I know you're good with action. ^_^

If you're in the middle of a different project, that's cool. But if you *do* decide to make one, let me know. I'll be more than happy to challenge you. ^.^

Katsumi_AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Katsumi_AMVs » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:15 am

OMG :shock: don't give me a reason to make random atcion music videos :shock:

I mean . . . . *DEAL* !!:D

Can we do this next week ? I'm gonna have something about a week of day off , and I'm gonna be able to make a good action vid , I'm know trying to edit my footage with AVS script and encode the final product as the ADEs guides are telling to do ^^ , and to make that I will need A LOT of free time to make something really good , we can also , start to prepare our footage to our vids.

I'm gonna take a look on how many movies I can buy and the titles , I'll write here what I got later :wink:

Yay I'm sure that we can have lots of fun with this competition ^^
Nothing usefull here .

Return to “AMV Contests”