The Anime Central Online Video Submission Site is Live

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
SailorDeath
Org Profile

The Anime Central Online Video Submission Site is Live

Post by SailorDeath » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:00 pm

Just like the title of the message says, the contest website is now up and active, thank you for your patience, developing this site has been a lot of work. Anyway, people can now to http://contest.otakuvideo.com and submit thier videos.

The process is fairly simple and there are instructions on what to do. if at any point you are having difficulty uploading your video please contact musicvideo@acen.org and I will help you with any problem you may have.

If your video is finish I sugest uploading it now and not wait for too long, the sooner the video is uploaded to us, the sooner we can check it for technical problems and let you know. You can log into the website after submitting and you can check the status of the video, also, if there is a problem with the video there will be a message telling you exactly what the problem is for you to correct. again the url for the website is http://contest.otakuvideo.com
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:34 pm

W00t! Video ID #42 is MINE! :twisted:

Will upload as soon as I've got a new MPEG-2 that also includes a second of black at the end :P
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:46 pm

am I the only one who seems to be having problems with the site's "Edit Creater Profile" page...where you save the info..yet you keep getting backed to the Status Report prompt telling you that you have to edit your profile info.....?

and yes i've reported this...
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:56 pm

Hmm. I've seemed to of gotten around the problem just by logging out then logging back in....
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:57 pm

Jebadia wrote:am I the only one who seems to be having problems with the site's "Edit Creater Profile" page...where you save the info..yet you keep getting backed to the Status Report prompt telling you that you have to edit your profile info.....?

and yes i've reported this...
Use IE. :| I don't like having to do it either, but it just didn't work in Opera.

Though after that, everything else has been working just fine so far in Opera.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:37 pm

It works fine in Firefox :/

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:47 am

90% of the editors will be using IE...

on the main page i say to use IE...

though the wierd part... the html and such is rather simple... so there should be no problems...

i tracked it down to opera caching the page, even through i say not to...
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:52 pm

Try firefox its even faster than opera, smaller than opera, and it works on the site ;p
you might miss the mouse gestures though.
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:10 pm

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] wrote:Try firefox its even faster than opera, smaller than opera, and it works on the site ;p
you might miss the mouse gestures though.
With the right extensions, even that's not a problem.

And if I manage to finish this video in time, I'll be submitting it as well. Thank you, Quu, for providing this wonderful service.

donte_frazier
Org Profile

Post by donte_frazier » Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:45 pm

Ok, so I've submitted my video to the OtakuVideo site for Acen and filled out all the info there. I'm done, right? Acen doesn't need me to print and snail-mail a form or anything, right?

Just checking. I can't wait for my vid to be playing on the big screen at Acen.
Forever Young
A Naruto TV AMV from Uchiha Productions:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=71539

Return to “AMV Contests”