Yaoi-Con AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Yaoi-Con AMV Contest

Post by The Wired Knight » Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:44 am

The rules for the Yaoi-Con AMV Contest have now been posted on the webpage

www.yaoicon.com

Some changes have been made though so I recomed you read over the rules for this year. At this time though online submissions are unavailable until the Otakuvideo server returns but mail in submissions are still acceptable. Happy editing everybody.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Fungie½
Org Profile

Post by Fungie½ » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:32 pm

I'll have something in the contest this year, I swear!

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:04 pm

I'm definitely submitting to this one. ^_^

billy_wires
Org Profile

Post by billy_wires » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:44 pm

^^Could have called that one. :wink:

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:20 pm

i need to get more Yaoi... if i had more i would SO enter.. cause Yaoi RAWKS

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:29 pm

I'm sure you allready know but Gravitation is coming out soon and according to the rules you do not have to make a Yaoi-themed video in order to enter so long as you adhere to the contest theme instead.
BANG

anneke
Org Profile

Post by anneke » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:29 pm

This year I may actually have time, and spend time on a real Yaoi video, as opposed to the crappy/fluff stuff I entered last year.

Anneke
www.bakadeshiproductions.com
http://www.bakadeshiproductions.com
(Stop by for a different Video each month...)

Kumagarou
Org Profile

Post by Kumagarou » Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:36 pm

I have a few entries lined up and one of them will either entertain or all fangirls/fanboys will want to kill me hehe X3

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:35 pm

AMV_4000 wrote:i need to get more Yaoi... if i had more i would SO enter.. cause Yaoi RAWKS
Assuming its done by then, we should enter the gayest vid of all...

Project 3way!

It entales some m/f, f/f and d/f action, but not enough to really matter. In fact sexuality is not even a majority of the vid. But there is some guy/guy included ( :twisted: which add is yet in aware of :twisted: ) will the above disqualify the vid?

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:10 am

Mr Pilkington wrote:
AMV_4000 wrote: It entales some m/f, f/f and d/f action, but not enough to really matter. In fact sexuality is not even a majority of the vid. But there is some guy/guy included ( :twisted: which add is yet in aware of :twisted: ) will the above disqualify the vid?
That depends on the amount of vs guy/guy. Videos about male/female female/female etc are not permitted. However from my understanding your video will not focus on these but seems to focus on all four options equally. In which case I would have to view it first but I would find it unlikely to say yes to this. Keep in mind of hte audience that this will be in front of, odds are they want to see as little m/f f/f etc as humanely possible and the more guy on guy action the better for them. I would prefer not to dictate to you how to make a video but I would say try to err on the safe side and keep the guy on guy action above the other options if you want it to be admitted. I disqualified two videos last year because they were entirely about a male-female relationship (nothing sexual) but it is outside of con policy.

I did however admit one video that did contain notions of a male-female couple but this 1. Was not the focus of the video and 2. The a video adhered to the theme of the con. So you can advert using m/m pairings in a video but if you instead go with m/f or f/f and use it to enhance the video then I would probably say no. Note in the rules that I made two deadlines this year. I am not certain how long it would take you to change said scenes if I said no, but if you make the first deadline and I say no then you will have a shot to change those scenes and resubmit for it to be admitted.
BANG

Return to “AMV Contests”