AnimeNext 2004 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
VegettoEX
Org Profile

AnimeNext 2004 AMV Contest

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:09 am

Heyas, everyone!

There's a little more than two months for folks to get their submissions in for the contest. AnimeNext will be taking place June 18th - 20th at the Crowne Plaza Meadowlands in Secaucus, NJ (yes, the same place as two years ago, huzzah!). All submissions must be received by May 21st.

http://www.animenext.org/navi.php?navi=7

All necessary full submission rules and forms can be found at the above address (in DOC, FTP, and PDF form). Here's a quick break-down of some of the most important rules, however:
  • Deadline: May 21st, 2004
    It must be in our hands by this date... not simply post-marked by this date. If you have to over-night ship, so be it. We need time to prepare all the videos and the compilation tape!
  • No Titles / Credits / Bumpers
    Nowhere in your video should be there any kind of title or credits (neither before, during, or after). We will be creating our own for each individual video. We shouldn't have to cut them out of your video, so please be aware of this! We can’t stress enough how much you should absolutely not put any kind of over-layed text credits in your video, credits at the end, opening studio bumpers, etc.
  • Blackspace (5 seconds digital, 15 seconds analogue)
    If you are submitting digitally, please include five seconds of blackspace before and after your video; no more, no less. If you are submitting via analogue tape, have at least fifteen seconds.
  • 1 video submission
    You are only allowed to submit a single video.
  • Completed Submission Form
    Make sure your entire submission form is filled out, including signatures!
Hopefully that's some help right off the bat. We're looking forward to all the submissions, this year... the contest will rock, once again. If anyone ever has any questions, don't hesitate to contact me through the following means:

E-mail: amv@animenext.org
Forum 1: This post!
Forum 2: http://www.animenext.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=19
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

jbone
Org Profile

Re: AnimeNext 2004 AMV Contest

Post by jbone » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:20 pm

VegettoEX wrote:the contest will rock, once again.
Now, wait a second... :lol:
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: AnimeNext 2004 AMV Contest

Post by Scintilla » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:31 am

VegettoEX wrote:If you are submitting digitally, please include five seconds of blackspace before and after your video; no more, no less.
"Six seconds shalt thou not include, nor includest thou four, excepting that thou then proceedest to five..."

I may actually be able to make it (day tripping) this year, as I live in Central Jersey... here's hoping.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

eugene_cheng
Org Profile

Website updated

Post by eugene_cheng » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:32 am

The website has been re-designed, and the AMV submission forms and rules have been posted.

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:57 am

Is the contest judged or audience-voted?

After looking at the guest list further (and noting the musical guests and founder of /. and so on), I think I'm pre-regging within the next couple days...

-DOKool

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:59 am

Read the rules a little better :P (Unless they're not clear enough... which is entirely possible)

The three main categories (Drama, Action, Comedy) are audience voted. The "Judge's Award" is done by Meri and I (with the help of un-biased helpers during the course of contest preparation).

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:26 am

VegettoEX wrote:Read the rules a little better :P (Unless they're not clear enough... which is entirely possible)

The three main categories (Drama, Action, Comedy) are audience voted. The "Judge's Award" is done by Meri and I (with the help of un-biased helpers during the course of contest preparation).
Ah, I missed it because it's in the intro, and I guess I was looking for it further down. I'll try to mail out a Quu-spec MPEG2 to you guys before the end of the week.

Also, perhaps we can get the Children Project screened? I'm sure Meri would like to see that =)

-DOKool

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:42 am

dokool wrote:perhaps we can get the Children Project screened? I'm sure Meri would like to see that =)
It's a possibility, but probably nothing more than a possibility. No matter how much I brought up doing a screening of trailers, the DDR project, the NES project... I was constantly shrugged aside... I kinda gave up on them actually listening to that kind of stuff...

On the other hand, I can do whatever the bloddy Hell I want to do at the AMV panel, so I could always show it then, if time allows. I want a master MPEG-2 of that, anyway, for mah archives~.

OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:04 am

No Ftp submissions, I hate the post office....
Ether that or I'll have to send it Snail Mail with almost
no chance of even getting there. Also, if the video
is on the ORG and all it's information is already listed. Can
I use the ORG to send you the file and use AIM to send the
personal text?

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:08 am

The thing is, I really need the entry form filled out with an actual, hand-printed signature... so... yeah...

Return to “AMV Contests”