AX2002 AMV Finalists

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Vash of Cucumber Studios
Org Profile

Post by Vash of Cucumber Studios » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:37 pm

So are they just gonna leave the comedy at 9 vids or are they gonna get another in? Heh didnt really expect mine to get it and i didnt really mind either way Im just goin for fun anyway, but eh i thought atleast someone would like the Earthworm Jim or Gilligan's Island or Samurai Pizza Cats Theme heh. ^^

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:53 pm

Looks like a lot was mis-categorized in the AX contest imho and I feel sorry for the people in Action especially. I just saw one of the so called Drama videos as well... damn if I knew this is how AX was going to be I would have entered my Roller Coaster of Love as a DRAMA! LOL I so forgot to enter that video... it only showed at AWA. SUCK!!! oh well

§_Akuma_§
Org Profile

Post by §_Akuma_§ » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:58 pm

*sigh* lmao what i did i tell some of u ppl. told ya i wasent going to make it, this is just all in good fun, im not the least bit surprised of who made the finals. i am how ever surprised to see that none of Machine's videos made it (Wish, Needles, Butterfly) oh well, shit happens. :)
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... r_id=13690">======§ Akuma §======
2006 § Akuma § Productions</a>

OtakuOutpost
Org Profile

Post by OtakuOutpost » Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:04 pm

Ok, is it me, or is Shell Shock an action video?

Yeah, it's dramaticly edited, but it's an action video.

I watch the video and I think to myself, whats the draw? Is it the emotions of the characters as they struggle or is it shit getting blown up. The answer is obvious.

I hear a bunch of people sent in vids and never got a recieved reply from AX. I think AX might have lost a bunch of tapes. They might have been convieniently lost too, considering how late they started judging and how close to the contest things got.

EvilVegettoZ
Org Profile

Post by EvilVegettoZ » Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:44 pm

I'm so happy right now you don't even know...After NOT getting a confirmation...and FINALLY finding out through USPS tracking that my video made it on the 18th which I didn't know you can track....I'm on the competition list with both of my videos.....I just went crazy since I ACTUALLY get to see MY videos on the big screen for once....This is a big thing for my since I only attend AX.....Congratulations to everyone who made it!.....And everyone who didn't I'm sorry....I wish you the best of luck in upcoming competitions.....(Too happy too think...If that came out wrong in any way I apologize)

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:52 pm

After watching AD's video again.... I think the small butt shots and a few compromising positions might have been a factor..... but AX showed Kevin Caldwell's Beautiful Life.... :?
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:01 pm

Corruption in an AMV contest? One wonders what purpose that would serve. Are there that many people that seek self-validation through AMV contests? That seems faintly disturbing to me.

Just a term of expression. Ok, let's say that the prejudging is pretty wacked...or is that still disturbing :roll:

But you have a point that not alot of people are online with their AMVs.

neo eva
Org Profile

Post by neo eva » Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:25 pm

wow....I don't feel as crushed as I expected to be....meh..I'll probably bust out in tears when the shock finally settles in during the contest....ha ha ha ha ha ha....ha ha....ha......hmm....sniff.....

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:35 pm

I just came here to see if anyone knew when the finals are gonna be posted and then I read this post and YAY mine made the finals :D I entered it under Drama, cuz its got comedy and drama, but since its not laughs throughout I decided drama, but I left a lil note saying enter it into comedy if you want. So there it is in comedy, but I don't think it will win cuz it's not loads of laughs and most that are there are inside jokes, plus I'm up against 2 of tim parks whose right now video I saw in the april Fanime2002, that made me wanna make one, but hey not bad for my 1st video I did in a week :D I also noticed a 1 frame error after watching it again >_< Hope no one notices ^-^;; Anyways, I'm just glad ppl will see it :D Good luck to everyone.

anneke
Org Profile

To good of a mood

Post by anneke » Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:39 pm

Here is a suggestion for those who didn't make the finals...

One thing I do when it comes to my videos is watch them and think why it could not make the finals. My action video... it was really crappy, no story line, effects do not make a video great. My humor video... Technically it's a bad drug trip, which they may not aggree with making a large audience have to experience, then they also maybe didn't understand it either. My Drama video... where I think it's a good video, I used Linkin Park and Kenshin OAVs, which Linkin Park seems to be a big kiss of death to videos.

By figuring out why the videos couldn't make the finals, it makes it easier to except why that they didn't. At least this time it wasn't due to my tapes being lost.

Just felt I would give some advice.

As for the videos that were entered in odd categories... Well AX is famous for being bad about that. The contest is terriable, and most everyone aggrees. The reason most people enter is because of the exposure the one contest will give the finalist videos. I was seriouslly hoping the Tarzan and Sue video from Fanime would show up at the contest. It's such a fun video.

Anneke

Return to “AMV Contests”