Izumi's Trailer Challege is on!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Izumi's Trailer Challege is on!

Post by DJ_Izumi » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:45 pm

It's the anime trailer Challege, it's now offically on!

The trailer selected is the Peter Pan teaser trailer, The rules are simple and anyone will be free to participate.
1) ANY content from Japanese Animation, Japanese Video Games and Japanese Live Action productions will be permitted. (Yes, even DBZ)
2) All common video formats are permitted, Divx, Xvid, Mpeg1 and 2, Windows Media Formats (Including ASF) and QuickTime formats. (No RealMedia, OGM, Matroska or anything else that's weird, useless and WAY out in left field!)
3) Video and audio Quality is not an issue and will hold no effect on ones scores, but keep in mind, a video must be clear enough to be fully understandable, if it looks like were watching a movie while wearing beer goggles, your video may be removed from scoring for being incomprehensable. (But you'd need to REALLY screw it up for that to happen)
4) The videos will be judged by Me, Dr. Pie Row and Professor Flint, we will rank each video individually and the video with the highest average will be deemed the winner.
5) This is really just for fun, to see how many people can come up with different creative ideas while working with the same audio, it's not like there are prizes so don't go all cut throat on us. :P

Now for source material... The trailer you have to work with is this:
Peter Pan Teaser Trailer/Trailer 1. ( http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/peter_pan/ ) You want the one on the RIGHT side of the screen.

You can also download the teaser trailer here: ( http://www.trailersworld.com/movie.asp?movie_id=2028 ) You want the second series of trailers in the collum labled 'QuickTime Teaser (mirror)'.

If you are absolutly no good at manipulating and converting from QuickTime to other formats, fear not! I am ready to help you! Contact me via AIM and I will set you up with the audio track for the trailer in either PCM WAV format or MP3 audio or the entire trailer in most common video formats, Divx, Xvid, Mpeg 1/2 and of course HufYUV. (Keep in mind, these will be converted from the online QuickTime so it won't be exactly DVD quality, heh, but since the video is just for reference you shouldn't notice.

The Due date is Jan. 31st 2004. This gives you all just short of two months to complete a 2min trailer.

There is no real submission method, simply make your video avialable online as a common entry into the Org's data base (Making sure the video can be downloaded, so making it a local link would be a good idea). PM the link to the video to me once it's completed, you can submit your video at ANY time, but they will NOT be scored untill after Jan 31st so everyone will be on an equal footing, but you can still feel COMPLETLY free to show off your video for others, do opinion exchanges and everything else before the due date.

I belive I have covered everything, but I probabbly missed something, so ask any questions you want. Untill then, I'll be waiting to provide you with the trailer if you need help getting it, just hit me up on AIM or something.

Can someone make this a sticky? :D

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:57 pm

BTW, people who do end up using live action footage wont be able to use the org as a host. Just incase that could causea problem.

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:58 pm

Curse Phade's anal retentiveness. :|
Oh well, not like it's all that likely that anyone would use Japanese live action.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:01 pm

P.S. I'm not sure having people upload their video and premiere it before the deadline is a good thing as it might convince other people to rip them off. It would be very easy to try and improve upon someones idea when everyone will be doing the same song.

Personally I'd ask people to upload their entries on one specific day or weekend to minimise the risk of lame cheating.

Declan_Vee
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Declan_Vee » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:38 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:Personally I'd ask people to upload their entries on one specific day or weekend to minimise the risk of lame cheating.
Good call.
AMV Search | AMV Guides
AMV Live. "It's like Iron Chef, only too many cooks will spoil the broth"

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:40 pm

That my be a good point, but I also don't like the idea of forcing people to being unable to show off something that they have created, this is for fun.

I suppose we should all just bear the choice. If they don't want to risk the chance of being copied, they can hide the video from the public untill after the deu date, if they don't care about the risk, then that's their call.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Re: Izumi's Trailer Challege is on!

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:07 am

DJ_Izumi wrote:Professor Flint
That's me. :?
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Pie Row Maniac
Org Profile

Re: Izumi's Trailer Challege is on!

Post by Pie Row Maniac » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:38 am

DJ_Izumi wrote:Dr. Pie Row
Huh Huh Huh 8)
Image Image

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:56 am

I want everyone to know that I hold these men in the highest reguard, as I do with Doctor Hobo.

Declan_Vee
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Declan_Vee » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:57 am

Converted! Ah QuickTime Pro... I'd be in a mess without you.
And I should be getting my video source from my supplier as early as Tuesday. All good.
AMV Search | AMV Guides
AMV Live. "It's like Iron Chef, only too many cooks will spoil the broth"

Return to “AMV Contests”