You ARE the weakeast link!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
VicBond007
Org Profile

You ARE the weakeast link!

Post by VicBond007 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:30 am

Hello all. For AnimeUSA (http://www.animeusa.org) I will be hosting The Weakeast Link: Otaku Edition. It will be run in the same style as the popular tv show of the same name, and while there will plenty of anime related questions, a large majority of the questions will be AMV related. Such questions will cover all areas of AMV fandom, including technical questions, questions about videos, questions about creators, and questions about cons that run AMV contests.

For this "show" to be a success, I will need 9 contestants. Normally, game shows pull people out of the audience, but for this show to work right, I will need exactly nine people. If I cast it live, I run the risk of not getting enough volunteers. Because of that, I am opening up pre-registration to be a contestant. The requirements to get on the show are simple. The only pre-requisite is that you have to be at AnimeUSA, and you have to attend the show (no matter what we're scheduled against) and be there 15 minutes before it starts for briefing and so we can start on time.

To apply, simply send me an email (VicBond007@AOL.com) with your name, age, your .org nickname or whatever else you want to be identified by (studio and whatnot. Think of being on the show as free advertising ^.~) and a little biography about yourself so I (the host) can chew out you (the contestants) in between rounds ^.~ If I get 9 or less applicants, than your acceptance is guarenteed. However, if I get more than 9 applicants (I hope I do!) then your acceptance will be based on how interesting your bio is. The more interesting the contestant, the more interesting the show is, so don't hold back! Finalists will be notified on or around September 15th, so dont' delay!

And yes, there will be a prize for the lucky person who makes it through to the end. The rest, well, you've seen the show ^.~

Good luck to all!
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:24 am

What kind of setup do you have for this event? If a computer and A/V system can be acquired for the event, I've already written software to run a "Weakest Otaku"-type event with sounds/graphics to emulate the show. (It ran at Anime North) We've also written dozens of anime-related insults. ("Who needs Lupin to tell them the meaning of the word 'bank'?")

There are pictures here:
http://www.animecafe.net/conventions/an ... &daysago=1
(animecafe.net loads for me in Lynx, but not IE at the moment. Go figure)

I have it configured for 8 players though. Why 9?
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 12:21 pm

It is PC based. I too wrote software as well. I knew you ran the same contest before but I didnt' want to tread on your territory and start using your stuff.

OK, actually I was just bored at work ^_^()

Oh, and that link's dead. I'd love to see the pictures though! :-)
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 12:24 pm

Got them to work. Had to big through the site manually.

That's REALLY funny. Our programs look almost EXACTLY the same!

NME
Org Profile

Post by NME » Sat Aug 31, 2002 1:41 am

I AM THE WEAKEST LINK?! NO! GOD NO!
nil per os

RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Sat Aug 31, 2002 3:15 pm

Goodbye!

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Mon Sep 02, 2002 5:51 pm

OK, so like, it's been two weeks and nobody has signed up. So as further incentive to join (in addition to the CASH PRIZE) I figure I'd throw something else into the mix.

to simulate that tv game show feel (and to rest the weary souls working on the show) after each round there will be a "commercial" break. during each break, I will play 1 video made by one of the contestants. So sign up, and get free exposure! Just let me know what video you want shown, and where I can get it. If it's not online, I will give you mailing instructions to which you can mail a CD or VHS tape. Come on guys! Sign up! I need PEOPLE! :x

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Tue Sep 03, 2002 7:34 pm

I'd sign up if I was going. :( I hope you get some entries Vic. :D

Rinny
Org Profile

Post by Rinny » Sat Sep 14, 2002 12:31 am

i'll be there... but if you could send me more info, i'd think about it.. ^_^;

§_Akuma_§
Org Profile

Post by §_Akuma_§ » Sun Sep 15, 2002 1:38 am

if this game was played at AWA, my god.....just think of how many ppl would join.....hehe i know i would!!
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... r_id=13690">======§ Akuma §======
2006 § Akuma § Productions</a>

Return to “AMV Contests”