Yaoi-Con AMV Deadline Extended

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:47 pm

Oops, missed a post....ok, the reason for Huffy being preferable, is because once all the digital files are recieved in whatever way they are, I'm putting them all onto one media format using Adobe Premiere, and we all know what codecs AP does and doesn't like. So feel free to use whatever codec you want as long as it is AP compatable and NOT real player, it's the one format that I cannot convert.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:45 am

SQ wrote:The Wired Knight. You should've read further down the rules page...
Thanks for the info. The official title was different on the 'Staff' page, but I should have known it meant 'AMV coordinator.' Sorry for the post.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:39 pm

Fungie½ wrote:No problem, and if you went ahead and encoded into MPEG-2, you might wanna go ahead and submit that anyways. Imagine how long uploading a Huffyuv AVI would take :shock: But yeah, whatever works, and again, no problem ^^
Yeah.. I am now favoring that extension(if only for the upload time!)

It's just that mpeg looks like crap on a stick festering in the sun when you put in Premiere... So I was uploading my huffy... Bu tthat's 2.5 gigs. Been 3 days, now...

Gave up. Trying the mpeg2.

-shakes fist at the knowing lack of quality, now-

/random brain activity
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:01 pm

*bumps* and although my vid may well be DQ'd and/or booed for a couple of reasons, I think it will be done in the next two or three days. I hope, I hope. 8) Can't hurt to try, right?

Sending in for more info by email.

Thanks!

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:03 pm

Must... get.. "EA"... Done.... -works harder!-

Yeah, Sarah, your vid won't be the only one who may slightly bend the rules and fringe on being DQ'ed.
StandardQuip

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:01 pm

Slightly? :lol: Girl. Boy. Chaste but friendly hug. That's chopping the rules' heads off, burning them, and then burning the ashes.

I don't have the first idea how to re-interlace everything and encode for TV and all that stuff, though, so the planet may be safe after all... I feel like a moron for signing up for the site's upload system, though. :?

'Sides, there were some good YnM videos last year, according to their site (the "Possession" one is fantasmical); I don't think I can top those.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:25 pm

Oh. Well. Now I feel more comfortable, seeing as I only pulled the "throw in some random Yaoi scene" card to actually make it qualify for Yaoicon(FYI: Not talking about "Jealousy").

Because.. Er... Well, it being Earthian and all, a random Yaoi scene doesn't really butcher the series... Ah well, I had nothing to put for that part of the trailer, anyway...

Yeah, well, good luck on not being DQ'ed, Sarah.
StandardQuip

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:51 pm

Well it seems the thread has stayed up so there probably isn't much point in my posting this. But the deadline is in a mere three days, your videos have to be uploaded or postmarked and in the mail by that date. Good luck to everyone.
BANG

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:30 am

Final reminder. Today's the deadline, so either have the video online or in the mail today. Good luck everyone.
BANG

Return to “AMV Contests”