Are there any contests that AMVid creators can enter online?

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Ryoko_Yuy
Org Profile

Are there any contests that AMVid creators can enter online?

Post by Ryoko_Yuy » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:21 pm

Okay, the subject pretty well defines what i want to know, but i can't make really long subjects, okay?
I create Inu Yasha AMVids from Windows Movie Maker (because I am a poor, not yet employed teenager using her mom's computer) and I live out in the middle of nowhere (central Illinois, trust me, the nearest conventions are usually three-four hours away) and need some way to have my videos rated amoungst others seeing as practically no one is polite and leaves opinions.
There, see, it would have been a long, long subject.
Thanks,
---Ryoko Yuy
>>------> ^_^;; <------<<
Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning. A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.
-(from Tool CD insert of the album AEnema)-

SephirothJenova
Org Profile

Post by SephirothJenova » Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:09 pm

There's a contest going on right now. It's Martyr Productions contest, and if you scan a little below this forum then you'll find the topic link for it. You can enter your video through his FTP or have him download the video. And I'll be glad to leave you an opinion if you wish me to. Drop me an e-mail and tell me what to do.

Sephiroth

Ryoko_Yuy
Org Profile

Post by Ryoko_Yuy » Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:52 am

Thanks so much for telling me. I'll enter into it as soon as i get the chance.
As for opinions, yes, I'd love an opinion from you, or anyone for that matter. I don't expect a perfect score or someone saying 'Oh wow!' unless it's truly deserved, so feel free to say as you please.
Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning. A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:53 am

AWA's expo contest... AWA's Master's contest (Master's has special rules on who may enter)

both of those allow for pure online submissions...

http://www.awa-con.com
http://contest.otakuvideo.com
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

Ryoko_Yuy
Org Profile

Thanks

Post by Ryoko_Yuy » Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:45 pm

I'm so glad everyone is helping me out so much :D People here are the greatest! :)

BishounenStalker
Org Profile

Post by BishounenStalker » Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:57 pm

Speaking of AWA Expo, how long does it take to get your video tested and let you know if you're in the contest or not? The deadline's coming up in another few weeks :?
-- Rachel the Demon, Resident Quoter of Obscure Nostalgia
"Great. He can pick his teeth when he's done with us!" - Marina, Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas
Current AMV: Somewhere On This Night

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:39 pm

Doesn't AWA expo show everything, at least one vid from each creator that submitted in the time alloted?
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “AMV Contests”