Sakura-Con 7th Mix (2004)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
CArnesen
Org Profile

Sakura-Con 7th Mix (2004)

Post by CArnesen » Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:41 am

Are you ready? Here we go!

The Sakura-Con 2004 AMV/OVA Contest will be held at the Seattle Airport Hilton & Conference Center from April 23rd through the 25th. The due date for entries will be February 27th which is only 7 months away!

The contest will consist of the following:

AMVs - Anime Music Videos
Everyone knows what these are! If you don't, I'm sorry, but the crash course is that they are a combination of Anime and Music to create an extemely unique artform!

OVAs - Original Video Animations
This is what sets our contest apart from others! This is your chance to create your own animation using any resources available to you (computer, cel, stop-motion, stick, whatever), with any type of soundtrack.

We will also be featuring 7 awards this year for the following:

Audience Popular Vote Categories
Best Action/Adventure (AMVs Only)
Best Drama/Romance (AMVs Only)
Best Comedy/Parody (AMVs Only)
Best Original Video Animation (OVAs Only)
Best of Show - Fan Favorite (AMVs Only)

Special Staff Categories
Best Artistic Success (AMVs Only)
Best Technical Success (AMVs Only)

Thousands of dollars and hundreds of working-hours are being poured into this contest to make it one of the best presentations of AMVs and OVAs that you can find at any convention!

Details regarding the rules and submission information are currently being designed for the website and will be available soon. Bookmark Sakura-Con 2004 and check regularly for updates!

If you are as excited as I am to bring you this contest and would like to be reminded of entry deadlines and other information as it becomes available, email amv@sakuracon.org and request that you get added to the mailing list!
--Chris ^_^

NME
Org Profile

Post by NME » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:08 am

Please, tell us to bring a pen, IF WE NEED ONE, that is.

Me, I ate my vote ballot, THE MAN isn't getting my handwriting.
nil per os

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:00 am

Or my credits.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:02 am

Or my intro.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

CArnesen
Org Profile

Post by CArnesen » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:05 am

NME wrote:Please, tell us to bring a pen, IF WE NEED ONE, that is.
Well, last year we did request that people bring a pen or pencil, but this year we are working with an actual budget. :shock: Pencils will be included!

I might have enough extra $$ to even have them embosed with "Sakura-Con 2004" or something...

--Chris ^_^

The Non-Professional
Org Profile

Post by The Non-Professional » Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:18 am

FTP Submitting? For th love of god let there be FTP submitting!? :|

CArnesen
Org Profile

Post by CArnesen » Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:52 pm

The Non-Professional wrote:FTP Submitting? For the love of god let there be FTP submitting!? :|
We are working on getting a FTP site available for submissions, but in my opinion the amount of work and cost of shipping a CD or DVD is extremely low...

In the rules that will be posted, it doesn't state anything about FTP submission, but I plan on being able to announce a site at a later time if one becomes available.

So, to directly answer your question, I love god, so the odds are good. :D

--Chris ^_^

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:18 am

You might want to add something about "trolling" in the rules for next year. I think the consensus is that it's up to each contest coordinator to decide the issue for his/her contest. Wasn't a problem last time, but some people might like to see it clearly stated.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:09 am

CArnesen wrote:
The Non-Professional wrote:FTP Submitting? For the love of god let there be FTP submitting!? :|
We are working on getting a FTP site available for submissions, but in my opinion the amount of work and cost of shipping a CD or DVD is extremely low...

In the rules that will be posted, it doesn't state anything about FTP submission, but I plan on being able to announce a site at a later time if one becomes available.

So, to directly answer your question, I love god, so the odds are good. :D

--Chris ^_^
Trust me, you do want one since it will increase submissions and make it much easier expecially people from out side the US...

Vlad

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:39 am

CArnesen wrote:We are working on getting a FTP site available for submissions, but in my opinion the amount of work and cost of shipping a CD or DVD is extremely low../
Yeah, if you live in Oregon.

Return to “AMV Contests”