The Sacrifice to the Otakon AMV Gods Thread

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:05 pm

Rinny wrote:I think I'm finally starting to come to terms with the idea of not getting into the contest. You do a lot of hard work Matt, so I guess we have no right to complain. :D

Therapist: That's right, Rinny! Closure, closure! Beat that mental monster!
I usually don't worry about it too much. Otakon wil always play your videos in the overflow rooms anyways. Even though it's less recogonition than the contest, it's still a showing. One of the reasons why I respect Otakon alot :D
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Darkseid
Org Profile

Post by Darkseid » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:11 am

I'm just hoping for a showing at a relatively decent time other than 9am Sunday morning. That's all I ask. LOL

*realizes he'll probably wind up with 10am Sunday morning because of this post. oh well. :( *
"Had I known one human's death caused you pain, I would have killed MORE... and kill more I shall!"

Rinny
Org Profile

Post by Rinny » Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:38 am

Castor Troy wrote:
Rinny wrote:I think I'm finally starting to come to terms with the idea of not getting into the contest. You do a lot of hard work Matt, so I guess we have no right to complain. :D

Therapist: That's right, Rinny! Closure, closure! Beat that mental monster!
I usually don't worry about it too much. Otakon wil always play your videos in the overflow rooms anyways. Even though it's less recogonition than the contest, it's still a showing. One of the reasons why I respect Otakon alot :D
Unfortunately, the overflows are less than dignifying. After my first attendance to one, I've decided never to go again. People were literally booing the videos right off the screen.

Freako
Org Profile

Post by Freako » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:00 am

Unfortunately, the overflows are less than dignifying. After my first attendance to one, I've decided never to go again. People were literally booing the videos right off the screen.
I actually liked that better ...... my other experience with AN AMV contest was ANime boston ... where every crappy video was cheered for. Made me sick. It is nice to see people's HONEST reaction to a video , no matter how ugly it may be .

Tom the Fish
Org Profile

Post by Tom the Fish » Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:03 am

Freako wrote:was ANime boston ... where every crappy video was cheered for. Made me sick. It is nice to see people's HONEST reaction to a video , no matter how ugly it may be .
I disagree completly. Even the worst video had work put into it. Being honest and being an asshole is not the same thing, and booing someone's work is clearly being on the asshole side, while giving constructive criticism is on the honest side.

Tom

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:22 am

Tom the Fish wrote:
Freako wrote:was ANime boston ... where every crappy video was cheered for. Made me sick. It is nice to see people's HONEST reaction to a video , no matter how ugly it may be .
I disagree completly. Even the worst video had work put into it. Being honest and being an asshole is not the same thing, and booing someone's work is clearly being on the asshole side, while giving constructive criticism is on the honest side.
Ditto. These clowns and their "honest reactions" insult not only the audience, but also the contest organizers who have put months of their personal time into hosting an entertaining event.

Freako
Org Profile

Post by Freako » Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:11 am

These clowns and their "honest reactions"

I dont' appreciate you taking an obvious shot at me , because of my opinion. Not to mention a level of hypocracy that can only be rivaled by . . . . . screw it , I'm not that smart .

Jerk off.

DBZ sucks .
(just in case I didnt piss off everyone else)

:roll:

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:32 am

Freako wrote:I dont' appreciate you taking an obvious shot at me , because of my opinion....
Hmmm...I wasn't actually thinking about you when I wrote that, but I can see it could be read that way. So, apologies if I offended.

All I know is that if I were running a contest, I'd be seriously P.O.'d if this kind of disruption was happening. A well-run contest is not just the responsibility of the staff. It's a community effort; the audience has its part, and the AMV creators, too.

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:22 pm

I've been told that if your vid doesn't get shown in the contest it will at least get shown once and they'll send you out an email to let you know when it is. Possibly twice depending on the number of videos.

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:25 pm

genestarwind21122 wrote:I've been told that if your vid doesn't get shown in the contest it will at least get shown once and they'll send you out an email to let you know when it is. Possibly twice depending on the number of videos.

Well, yeah, but who cares about the general screenings? =P

In all seriousness, though. As much as I just want to get SYLN shown, I wouldn't want it crammed in the middle of all of the entries that didn't make it... everyone'd be sleeping or have left by the time SYLN started playing, knowing my luck =P

Return to “AMV Contests”