AX AMV Prelim Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:53 pm

Well for one they don't say names till after its done, so your not thinking the whole time. This is a Flux video, or this is a Vlad video. 2nd and more important for many contests is to make it more about the video and not the bumper. So someone with a simple white text on black isn't at a disavantage to someone with flashy titles and bumpers, or 3d effects and such. Everyone gets the same intro.

Demonic Worm
Org Profile

Post by Demonic Worm » Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:29 pm

can someone post all the songs used in all the finalist videos? I really enjoyed those songs, some of the best choices i've seen for some times.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:50 pm

Nappy wrote:Well for one they don't say names till after its done, so your not thinking the whole time. This is a Flux video, or this is a Vlad video. 2nd and more important for many contests is to make it more about the video and not the bumper. So someone with a simple white text on black isn't at a disavantage to someone with flashy titles and bumpers, or 3d effects and such. Everyone gets the same intro.
Good thing too, Otherwise my video would of sucked even more :wink:

Vlad

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:58 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Nappy wrote:Well for one they don't say names till after its done, so your not thinking the whole time. This is a Flux video, or this is a Vlad video. 2nd and more important for many contests is to make it more about the video and not the bumper. So someone with a simple white text on black isn't at a disavantage to someone with flashy titles and bumpers, or 3d effects and such. Everyone gets the same intro.

Vlad
I voted for you. :D
The thing you have to realize is that the whole drama category played horribly at AX this year. It was too late at night, and making people watch really moving sentimental pieces doesn't make much sense.
Also, and I especially noticed this because I submited 3 videos to the drama category and they were all rejected, the whole AX crowd really loved lyric synch, even the cheap crappy lyric synch. Center of the Sun was a very good lyric synch based AMV, which really gave it a huge advantage over rhythm based concepts. Oh well, ya' live and ya' learn. :D
The anime Channel Petition Sign it if you like anime.
My member profile on the org.
オタク同士やろう! Ashton

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:16 pm

Ashton wrote: which really gave it a huge advantage over rhythm based concepts. Oh well, ya' live and ya' learn. :D
But Vlad had both Lyric sync AND rhythm based concepts. This is why I like it :). Then again I am a sappy fellow too :). Oh well Vlad, better luck next year. If it's any consolation, I liked it :-P...oops that's no consolation at all :).
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:22 pm

Ashton wrote:I voted for you. :D
The thing you have to realize is that the whole drama category played horribly at AX this year. It was too late at night, and making people watch really moving sentimental pieces doesn't make much sense.
Also, and I especially noticed this because I submited 3 videos to the drama category and they were all rejected, the whole AX crowd really loved lyric synch, even the cheap crappy lyric synch. Center of the Sun was a very good lyric synch based AMV, which really gave it a huge advantage over rhythm based concepts. Oh well, ya' live and ya' learn. :D
Thanks...

Quite honestly, I don't really try to do things in my video to play to a crowed. If Lip syncing is required then fine, but I try to make the video to the vision I think works for it...

Vlad

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:39 pm

Ashton wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:

Vlad
I voted for you. :D
Your a ANTI-LYRIT O_O!

Center of the Sun was just really pretty and flowed really well, I think thats why it won not lyric sync :l

Fluxmeister
Org Profile

Post by Fluxmeister » Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:04 pm

Nappy wrote:
I don't have the votes, and I'm told the stats will be available, but I really think your Eternal Damnation came close in action. My roomie loves it @_@

P.S. They had to cut the first few seconds of ur vid since u incorperated ur name in it. And those were cool seconds o_o
I actually cut those out myself. I don't want to anger the amv gods by breaking rules. :P I sense a lot of retina's being burnt with hellsing imagery... muhahaha.
Vlad G Pohnert wrote: Thanks...

Quite honestly, I don't really try to do things in my video to play to a crowed. If Lip syncing is required then fine, but I try to make the video to the vision I think works for it...

Vlad
So Vlad, it's all about the love of editing right? (Or are you collecting trophies to melt down to create a super laser? :P)

:D

/lives to edit
| NHMK Music Video Downloads | Editing like it's 2006. |

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:26 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote: Thanks...

Vlad
So Vlad, it's all about the love of editing right? (Or are you collecting trophies to melt down to create a super laser? :P)

:D

/lives to edit[/quote]

Yeeeaaaa....that must be it. Quite honestly, I'm just happy to have my videos played to such huge crowds...

Vlad

Fluxmeister
Org Profile

Post by Fluxmeister » Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:47 pm

Nothing beats a captive audience for 7 1/2 minutes of kite. :D

(i like to bring this up : P)
| NHMK Music Video Downloads | Editing like it's 2006. |

Return to “AMV Contests”