AX AMV Prelim Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:01 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:
xstylus wrote: Realistically, there's really nothing they can do about it.
They can play a video they know to be terrible last :P
Good call :o

I thought the replaying of all the videos at the end helped alot though, vs. last years where I even forgot the name of some I liked...

Metro
Org Profile

Post by Metro » Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:44 pm

xstylus wrote:
ProphetDK wrote:I have to give respect to Center of the sun, It was the best shown of the Category. Although mine was not shown, I feel it was better.
I was really disappointed that "Through Time, Through Space" got very little recognition. I'll bet that had more people seen the movie it would have been appreciated a LOT more.

I was also REALLY disappointed that "Everyday" got very little recognition either. That, in my opinion, was superior to all of the other action AMVs because it actually seemed to have a slight plot to it. Eternal Damnation had a hint of it, and Mitternacht seemed to lack it entirely, in my opinion.

Here's something to throw at you guys though...: If "Everyday" or "Eternal Damnation" had played last, do you think they'd have done better?
I'm glad you liked "everyday" Most of the feedback I have gotten from AX has been less then stellar. However, going in to the contest I didn't feel like it was the best video, so I wasn't all that disapointed. Getting the video shown to such a large audience is a big enough reward for me. :D

Videos that are played last do have a distinct advantage, but as long as the playlist is random I don't really see a problem. Just luck of the draw.

neo eva
Org Profile

Post by neo eva » Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:00 pm

TaranT wrote:Click the link in my sig. I added all the semi-finalist videos based on Nic N.'s commentary over on the mailing list. Feel free to PM me if you find any errors.
<a href="http://mysite.verizon.net/res0iu9l/cont ... 3.htm">AMV Contests - Lists of Entries and Awards</a>
I didn't know Euphoria was supposed to be a comedy... :P
|<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 732">Click here if you care :3</a>-|-<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 19932">You don't wanna know...-.-</a>|

[Insert exceedingly large amazingly 1337 banner of D3WM here]

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:05 pm

hehe, ya you missed the AMTV header after chibi things there TartanT

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:50 am

Nappy wrote:hehe, ya you missed the AMTV header after chibi things there TartanT
Yeah, that's what happens when you're coding after 2 AM. :P

Looks better now....

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:19 am

oh and you might wanna change it to just amtv, cuz the idea was it's mtvish not artisic only vids. Or else I'll get ppl saying "why did that video win, its more a fun vid than a artsy one" :l

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:05 am

Nappy wrote:oh and you might wanna change it to just amtv, cuz the idea was it's mtvish not artisic only vids. Or else I'll get ppl saying "why did that video win, its more a fun vid than a artsy one" :l
I was trying to copy what AX wrote on the rules sheet (no longer online, but I have a paper copy). And now I see that I left off the 'M'. So, that's fixed now, too.

BTW, the AX rules said the "entries into this category...rely...on artistic style and extreme blending of visuals and sound." Maybe artistic is what they wanted, although I suspect it was just a catch-all category for anything that didn't fit in one of the other sets.

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:18 am

ya pretty much, It replaced last years "Fun" cat. So mtv style covers artsy, dance, fun, experimental stuff.

Kaikou
Org Profile

Post by Kaikou » Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:08 am

hey don't get me wrong, I liked chibi things that kill, hell I voted for it. I just laughed more at the yatta one :p

Return to “AMV Contests”