King of Prussia Otakon Prescreening: Aftermath.

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:18 pm

Cybermat wrote:It's like Shroedinger's AMV Contest. We don't know the finalists until we count them up. :) I'm the one doing the counting and even I don't know. :?

Plus, the contest master tape has to be mastered before I can be 100% safe telling anyone that they got in. It'd suck if I told someone that they got in and then it turned out that they didn't for some last-minute reason.... :(
Gee Matt, I think you should pull off some all nighters and get the results fast, My nails are already to short to bite :P

Vlad

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:21 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Cybermat wrote:It's like Shroedinger's AMV Contest. We don't know the finalists until we count them up. :) I'm the one doing the counting and even I don't know. :?

Plus, the contest master tape has to be mastered before I can be 100% safe telling anyone that they got in. It'd suck if I told someone that they got in and then it turned out that they didn't for some last-minute reason.... :(
Gee Matt, I think you should pull off some all nighters and get the results fast, My nails are already to short to bite :P

Vlad
I concur =) Hell, distribute it. Send a few people a stack of ballots and have them tally up their totals, then add it up.

-DOKool

CliffD
Org Profile

Sorry, I just found this thread.

Post by CliffD » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:04 pm

Hitori wrote:Mine had.. lesbians.... :cry:

*more than likely got DQ'd...

:P
:oops:

I'm in even bigger trouble. Mine had lesbians, beastie-ality, cross-dressing, one guy frenching another guy, potential necrophilia, and (the worst offense of them all) a written rejection of the use of any DBZ!!!

DQ'ed nothing -- I'm lucky if I don't get the Chair!! (No, not THAT Chair!!)
HELP!! I'm being held prisoner by CLAMP fans!! We Demand -- er, They Demand -- uh, OH, FORGET IT!! It's Fun Here!!

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:21 pm

Dude... uumm...

nevermind.... :?
ImageImage

Vulkurt
Org Profile

Post by Vulkurt » Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:23 pm

This is because I'm anal.

There has been some references to overused videos, so I went through and tallied the 5 series/movies most used. This does NOT include AMVs that had various (69 and higher/lower) shows edited together:

NGE: 11
Kenshin: 9
Trigun: 9
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust: 8
Ah! My Goddess!: 6

Out of 179 videos viewed (which includes the ones that were suggested for outright DQing), that totals 43 videos coming from those five shows, roughly a quarter of what we viewed.

This is not to say that these vidoes were any more or less exemplary than others. But, it may shed some light on some of the repetition comments.
Done. Guarding.

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:35 pm

Wow. I don't remember that many Trigun videos... they must have mostly been on the first 4 tapes.

I think it was somewhat of a surprise to me that there weren't more Bebop vids, since I've seen a lot of them lately posted here...
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:38 pm

[quote="Vulkurt"]This is because I'm anal.

NGE: 11
[quote]

I'm pretty sure that these were *all* on tapes 5 through 7. Or at least the vast majority.

-DOKool

iserlohn
Org Profile

Post by iserlohn » Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:20 pm

Vulkurt wrote: NGE: 11
Kenshin: 9
Trigun: 9
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust: 8
There's no way that there were only 8 Bloodlust videos, it felt like 80. Kenshin felt like at least 10 as well, but 9 is close enough I guess.

At least I was the only one to use the anime I did this year!
"I'm recording an album tonight. Funny material and laughter will be dubbed in later."
--Bill Hicks

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:26 pm

iserlohn wrote:At least I was the only one to use the anime I did this year!
Me too! :wink:

Hopefully this will change in the future, though. 8)
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:50 pm

I don't know many videos out there that used Steel Angel Kurumi all that well...
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”