AWA Profesional Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:15 pm

Actually, I'd think the mods should blank out the majority of that post, since it doesn't take much to figure out what video it was.

There don't seem to be any rules in the Pro contest about previous entries or videos already being available online- Masters is the only one that requires it to be a new video from what I can tell, so there's nothing in the rules wrong with him submitting it. If the contest staff want to DQ it for violating the blind rules, that's obviously up to them... but, all told, I'd kind of figure that a decent number of people will have their video's information listed online already, and if someone really wanted to they search for the song/source combinations and figure a number of them out...
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

MCWagner
Org Profile

Post by MCWagner » Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:49 am

The "blinding" in the AWA pro contest is a "best effort" kind of thing. People who want to participate fairly won't go searching the internet trying to figure out who made each one before voting. Making sure that there's no names or studio titles attached to the entries makes it easier for people who want to vote fairly to remain unbiased.

If someone really wanted to "cheat" and vote only for their friends, there's no way to stop them, or even catch them at it (unless they do it really stupidly), but I think that the people participating are more likely to try and be honest in their assessment. It's not like there's big cash prizes at stake.
Als Gregor Samsa eines Morgens aus unruhigen Träumen erwachte, fand er sich in seinem Bett zu einem ungeheueren Ungeziefer verwandelt.

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:56 pm

Not sure I'm gonna have time to make a pro and a masters O_O I woulda sent one of my last two, but they've already won so ppl would get mad :l

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:55 pm

Nappy wrote:Not sure I'm gonna have time to make a pro and a masters O_O I woulda sent one of my last two, but they've already won so ppl would get mad :l
Same here.. So I entered it into the Expo.. :?
*currently working/started on pro entry* :oops:
ImageImage

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:57 pm

Nappy wrote:Not sure I'm gonna have time to make a pro and a masters O_O I woulda sent one of my last two, but they've already won so ppl would get mad :l
I know I won't have time... I'm gonna be going down to the wire just to get my Masters vid done. :?
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:29 pm

Ashyukun wrote:
I know I won't have time... I'm gonna be going down to the wire just to get my Masters vid done. :?
Well...Atleast you have tome for that... I not sure I'll have time for the masters...We'll see

Vlad

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:53 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:Well...Atleast you have tome for that... I not sure I'll have time for the masters...We'll see

Vlad
You'll make it!! :P
ImageImage

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:01 am

Hey Quu, I didn't see anything on the VAT page about the Dance Contest. Could you enlighten us please?
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:29 am

we are still finalizing the rules for the dance contest....

We'll get on it ASAP... sorry... had to take a week off from AMVs
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:22 pm

18 days away...

Pro is in my opinion the coolest contest with its peer review...

18 days... everybody got thier pro video done? why do I forsee my ftp server getting slammed
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

Return to “AMV Contests”