AWA:Questions!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
keyboardsamurai
Org Profile

AWA:Questions!

Post by keyboardsamurai » Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:07 pm

1. Is it worth flying from Alabama to go to the con? Plane money not a prob, but that hotel was pricey!

2. Is there a seperate contest/(is it allowed) that allows non anime footage to be eneterd? i.e. cartoon footage

3. What is the usual age range? I just got back from Chibi Con (which sucked IMO) and I was the only "young adult" there. (20)

4. How is the showing of the amv's done? Like do they have a huge movie projector or huge HDtv screens? (either way would kick A$$).

5. Does the audience get to choose at all an overall video?
Would rather have audience vote instead of judges 8)

THX 4 NFO!

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:20 pm

Atlanta is in Georgia. ^_^
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:36 pm

I think he was asking if it was worth it to fly from alabama instead of driving or what not... :roll:

I'm planning on going! 8)
ImageImage

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:50 pm

Hitori wrote:
I'm planning on going! 8)
Oh wow, I'll be there. Never again... :lol:

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:42 am

So...no answers to his questions ? I've never been to AWA, but I do know a few things.

2. No contest is limited to anime footage; i.e. use whatever. The dance contest may have content (theme) restrictions.

5. There are four main contests; none have audience voting. However, attendees can nominate videos/persons/animals/etc. for awards of their own creation. There has also been talk of some other contests or exhibitions other than the main ones. If you want the details:
http://www.awa-con.com/vat.htm

AWA has an active forum that you can post questions at:
http://www.awa-con.com/phpbb/

Darkseid
Org Profile

Re: AWA:Questions!

Post by Darkseid » Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:32 am

keyboardsamurai wrote:1. Is it worth flying from Alabama to go to the con? Plane money not a prob, but that hotel was pricey!

2. Is there a seperate contest/(is it allowed) that allows non anime footage to be eneterd? i.e. cartoon footage

3. What is the usual age range? I just got back from Chibi Con (which sucked IMO) and I was the only "young adult" there. (20)

4. How is the showing of the amv's done? Like do they have a huge movie projector or huge HDtv screens? (either way would kick A$$).

5. Does the audience get to choose at all an overall video?
Would rather have audience vote instead of judges 8)

THX 4 NFO!
1. That one depends on your tastes. The hotel itself though is verrry nice, I promise you.

2. MCWagner is the one to ask, but the AMV track is often referred to more as a video art track, and is not exclusive to anime footage. Cartoon footage is allowed, I believe.

3. Ummm... you'll blend in ok age wise. Seen all ages show up at this con. ^_^

4. Projector. 24 hour room dedicated to this one event of the con.

5. There are various contests for AWA's AMV judging. Look here for the most comprehensive info: http://www.awa-con.com/vat.htm (If you get an error message of some kind, hit refresh and it should come up.)[/url]
"Had I known one human's death caused you pain, I would have killed MORE... and kill more I shall!"

MAS PRODUCTIONS
Org Profile

Post by MAS PRODUCTIONS » Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:56 am

Well Im sure on #2 since my Smash Bitches video won best fight last year. So most definitly you can use game footgage unless they all of a sudden change their minds.
"What about us lesbians? . . . Your gonna burn in hell of course!" - MXC
"Hey dont knock masturbation, its sex with someone I love!" -- Woody Allen
"Evil will always triumph 'cuz good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

keyboardsamurai
Org Profile

Post by keyboardsamurai » Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:06 pm

THx 4 nfo! Now I get to can my current video, and start working on a FUTURUAMA (MEMORIAL) video! That's right stupid FOX has JUST ABOUT canceled their best show FUTURAMA.

Tenken
Org Profile

Post by Tenken » Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:31 pm

Doesen't that come on CN on the Adult Swim?

keyboardsamurai
Org Profile

Post by keyboardsamurai » Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:08 pm

Yea it does. The episodes on adult swim are just re-runs. Fox is only planning on making 2 more episodes (I think 2). Then that's it. Maybe Cn will be able to pick up a contract, but I seriously doubt FOX will allow it. More nfo at www.gotfuturama.com

Return to “AMV Contests”