Fanime 2003 new AMV coordinator wants input

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:16 am

CArnesen wrote:Well, I guess I should introduce myself now... I'm Chris Arnesen and I'm the new AMV/Original Animation Contest Coordinator for Sakura Con 2003!
Eric gave up? Guess I'm not surprised; it's a tough job which he handled quite well. Hope he goes back to AMV editing and enters next year's contest.

I agree with Senta about expensive prizes. Most entrants won't mind, but there are always some who can't handle the added pressure.

As a winner at Sakura Con 2001, I received a clapboard that was signed by the GoH's. Those character signatures by Hayashi and the others are worth more to me than a DVD player would be. Doesn't have to be a clapboard, either. If they'd just draw something on a dirty envelope, I'd frame it and hang it.

BTW, I don't think an applause meter is going to work very well in that "tube" of a room that this year's AMV contest was held in.

AMVUserII
Org Profile

Post by AMVUserII » Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:05 am

Hey take example from whats already been done well.

Contact Anime Weekened Atlanta - www.awa.com

Their AMV Contest is one of the best orgnized if not the Best

And many AMV Creators hold that contest in high regards cause its not just one contest.....

Its Divided in to four smaller ones

-Dance
-Exposition
-Professional
-Masters

Go to their site and read up on these contests and how they do stuff and try and e-mail the AMv Contest coordinator get the answeres you want from people who do this really well.

-My 2 cents
-"We are the Next Generation in Anime Music Videos. We are Next Generation Films Inc."
-"Some ideas may be over used but Damnit! Some deserve to be done Right!"
-Next Generation Films Inc. (NGF)

Melfina
Org Profile

Post by Melfina » Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:57 am

anime + beer and im there....its quite simple they mix, and mix well
Forum Nublar
Webmaster and founder of

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:04 am

Melfina wrote:anime + beer and im there....its quite simple they mix, and mix well
Not really. I put a DVD in a big mug and poured some beer on it and it just got all sticky and wouldn't play anymore. Well, maybe next time I'll wipe the beer off before I stick it in the player. :lol:
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:05 am

I hear sprite and vodka work better :D

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:37 am

paizuri wrote:Not really. I put a DVD in a big mug and poured some beer on it and it just got all sticky and wouldn't play anymore. Well, maybe next time I'll wipe the beer off before I stick it in the player. :lol:
You forgot to wash the disc off. Do that and it should play fine.

CArnesen
Org Profile

Post by CArnesen » Fri Aug 02, 2002 5:26 pm

TaranT wrote:BTW, I don't think an applause meter is going to work very well in that "tube" of a room that this year's AMV contest was held in.
We are working very hard at Sakura-Con to make sure that the AMV/OVA contest is in the main ballroom instead of that small room last year.
--Chris ^_^

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Fri Aug 02, 2002 6:05 pm

Although this Idea would cost a little to create they could use it every year....They should create voting remote like objects on the back of each seat....Of coure they wouldn't be allowed to screw them in so they can make them with a hanger like object to hook onto the seats infront....Have a master computer running a software program that allows the votes to be called.....The cordinator reviews each video with about 10-15 seconds and tells everyone to vote....They'd have 1-?? how many video's they've shown and have each remote only allowed to enter in and confirm one vote after each category has been played.....It would be much more effective....Even though this might cost a bit to construct they could use it every year...That way they wouldn't run into problems with the currently rating systems they have which really suck...

Eji
Org Profile

Hmmm...

Post by Eji » Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:59 pm

Well, as far as the contest goes, could you put the limit back to 6 minutes? I know time's an issue, but I think there were some good AMVs around 6 minutes that got cut out.

Also, please, please have PRIZES!! When my friend entered our parodies in the 2002 Fanime contest and won, we were disappointed that all we got was name recognition, whereas Otakon and other places had prizes. I don't wanna sound bad, but I don't put a ton of effort and inspiration into an AMV to just get a pat on the head.

Thanx ^_^;;

CArnesen
Org Profile

Post by CArnesen » Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:41 pm

Another thing that I was thinking about was having various judges from a-m-v.org judging the various categories and having them mail me the judging results.

This would allow more participation from around the AMV community and possibly allow for more feedback to the individual AMV creators (through the judging forms).
--Chris ^_^

Return to “AMV Contests”