CHIBICON REVIEW

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
keyboardsamurai
Org Profile

CHIBICON REVIEW

Post by keyboardsamurai » Sun May 04, 2003 5:45 pm

OK, I just got back from Alabama's first ever anime convention. CHibicon 2k3. This con was how can I put this nicely? Ran by a bunch of High School students? The equipment that they used was at best on PAR with new computers. They couldn't even play my mpeg2 encoded video! Another damn annoyance, was that their cd burner on their comp wouldn't show 2 of 3 of my videos. Yes, I checked them before I sent them in, and all 3 worked perfectly on my computer. Now lets talk about the judging of the AMV's (I do not have the results yet, so this IS a fair review). FIrst of all I wouldn't count any of these amv's to get a higher rating than 5 at the most 6 of 10. The judges was the audience, who you could easily tell based the AMV upon which ANIME they used. Some of the videos shown were complete crap! The only amv (IMHO) that should have won (Still don't know results yet) just on a TECHNICAL stand point should have been my Trailer to Street fighter (It's on the org) I admit there are Minor sync probs, but compared to the other videos at the amv this should have/should get it hands down. I'l try and get some of the other vids up on local next week. I got to get to AWA or Sakura COn

Return to “AMV Contests”