Anime Central 2024 AMV Contest - EVERYBODY GET IN HERE! (JUDGING IN PROGRESS)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
SpuddStaaa
Org Profile

Anime Central 2024 AMV Contest - EVERYBODY GET IN HERE! (JUDGING IN PROGRESS)

Post by SpuddStaaa » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:03 pm

ACEN RETURNS EVERYONE GET IN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The largest anime convention in the Midwest is back for 2024! We will be at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center & the Hyatt Regency O’Hare at Rosemont, Illinois from May 17-19,2024. It's same old me coming back to make each year just as exciting as the other.

Please review the rules here, and use the submission link when you are ready. The rules have made some updates upon feedback from the 2023 contest as well as some outside observations I noted, so do take some time to check them out if you're interested in submitting.

Also I got the award website created for Anime Central. Please check it out!

Check Out The 2024 Patch Notes:
  • The submission deadline is April 5th, 2024 at 11:59 pm CST.
  • Due to a lack of a full contest between 2020-2022, you may now submit a second video per category if it was created after May 19th, 2019. We will allow creators to send in one video created between May 19th, 2019 and May 19th, 2023, and another video created on or after May 19th, 2023. You may not resubmit a video if it’s been a finalist in a past ACen AMV contest. The contest structure may change based on the number of submissions as well as scheduling, but videos created after May 19th, 2023 will take priority for the main contest.
  • Your video should be between 1 minute minimum and 6 minutes maximum. Any video that is longer than 6 minutes will be accepted, but may be scrutinized harder due to contest time constraints.
    • We are opening submissions to more Short Form Videos called Category Preshow Videos. They are videos that will play right before each category as a short introduction to the category. You may submit as many of these videos as you want. They will be submitted like every other video except you will mark it as a Category Preshow video. Here's a hint: We're looking for more comedic short videos. AMV HELL type videos encouraged!
  • The form allows you to submit to every category all at once by selecting which page you want to go to at the bottom of each page. If you enter the wrong category, hit the back button as it won't let you progress until you fill in the entry information. If you are submitting a second video per category due to the freshness date changes, you will have to fill out the form again.
  • The Freestyle category does not mean you can submit a video if it already fits in one of the other 6 categories. I've provided category descriptions to the other six categories. If your video clearly fits one of the six categories, it will be moved there.
  • We have adjusted the categories this year as well as provided a short description of the types of videos we may expect in each category. Here is a quick summary to the category changes:
    • Intensity will now take the place of Action.
    • Drama and Sentimental are now one category.
    • Trailer/Parody is now just Trailer. Meanwhile Comedy is now Comedy/Parody.
    • We are opening a new category specific to the convention's yearly theme called the Con Theme. This year our theme is Roll For Initiative.
  • We accept all footage from anime, western animation, video games, live action sources, etc.
    • Videos that are mainly Live Action footage can be marked in the google form. We will have at least one guaranteed Live Action winner from our judges regardless of finalist status.
If there are any questions, feel free to email me at Reyd.Nguyen(at)ACen.org. :shark:
Last edited by SpuddStaaa on Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:13 am, edited 7 times in total.
ACEN/PMX AMV Coordinator

and amv maker youtube.com/@spuddstaaa

SpuddStaaa
Org Profile

Re: Anime Central 2024 AMV Contest - EVERYBODY GET IN HERE!

Reserved for finalists
ACEN/PMX AMV Coordinator

SpuddStaaa
Org Profile

Reserved for winners
ACEN/PMX AMV Coordinator

SpuddStaaa
Org Profile

Post by SpuddStaaa » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:29 pm

We've already hit 30 entries so thank you all so much for submitting! We have about 3 months and a half still remaining so plenty of time to get in.

Keep in mind our convention theme is roll for initiative so any video related to D&D or even anything medieval can be submitted.
ACEN/PMX AMV Coordinator

animefan1
Org Profile

Post by animefan1 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:50 pm

Submited 5 entries and 4 shorts (and one more short i'm still working on :) )
Shenanicon AMV Showcase Staff (2024- )(https://shenanicon.com)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."
-Lao Tzu via Mr. White (Tenkai Knights)

SpuddStaaa
Org Profile

Post by SpuddStaaa » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:36 pm

Yep I can confirm we got a decent amount from you recently. I very much appreciate the short entries!
ACEN/PMX AMV Coordinator

BladEra123
Org Profile

Post by BladEra123 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:42 am

Sent one in for Action/Intensity!
Legend Dies, but Legacy Never Ends~
YouTube Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/bladera123
MyAnimeList: http://myanimelist.net/profile/BladEra123

animefan1
Org Profile

Post by animefan1 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:52 pm

SpuddStaaa wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:36 pm
Yep I can confirm we got a decent amount from you recently. I very much appreciate the short entries!
Well that's great because I just submitted that last short entry I was talking earlier!
Shenanicon AMV Showcase Staff (2024- )(https://shenanicon.com)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."
-Lao Tzu via Mr. White (Tenkai Knights)

ComplicatedMuse
Org Profile

Post by ComplicatedMuse » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:48 pm

Hi - can you give some commentary on what is "Roll for Initiative"?

SpuddStaaa
Org Profile

Post by SpuddStaaa » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:19 pm

ComplicatedMuse wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:48 pm
Hi - can you give some commentary on what is "Roll for Initiative"?
Sure thing! Basically anything that falls under the theme of Dungeons and Dragons. Roll for Initiative is to my understanding the title of our convention theme. It could be through your source material or through your creative interpretation of the theme.
ACEN/PMX AMV Coordinator

Return to “AMV Contests”