MTAC AMV Contest 2024: Dueling Dragons (WINNERS ANNOUNCED)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
animefan1
Org Profile

Re: MTAC AMV Contest 2024: Dueling Dragons (DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 25TH 2024 11:59PM CST

Post by animefan1 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:28 pm

And I just submitted one more for total of the three max. And thank you for clarifying the question that I had. I appreciate it.
Shenanicon AMV Showcase Staff (2024- )(https://shenanicon.com)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."
-Lao Tzu via Mr. White (Tenkai Knights)

ShadowCat_13
Org Profile

Re: MTAC AMV Contest 2024: Dueling Dragons (DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 25TH 2024 11:59PM CST

Post by ShadowCat_13 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:33 pm

animefan1 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:28 pm
And I just submitted one more for total of the three max. And thank you for clarifying the question that I had. I appreciate it.
Of course!!!
🫧🌙 🫧The Moonlight Carries the Message of Love.🫧🌙🫧

MTAC AMV Contest Coordinator
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention (MTAC)
www.mtac.net

PerkyPastry
Org Profile

Post by PerkyPastry » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:30 pm

I thought I understood secondary categories but now I’m not sure how they’re used during the contest. Are they only going to become competing categories if there are enough submissions that qualify? Are they an additional category that each entry can win an award for at the same time as a primary category award? Do some entries get moved into a secondary category only if the judges deem that none of the primary categories fit that entry?

Sayoria
Org Profile

Post by Sayoria » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:18 pm

Submitted two. My first entry (under my handle here, Sayoria), I forgot to write in my full address (I only wrote street address). My second video, I filled that out though completely.
My old Youtube Channel has been removed. Kindly review here for videos:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjmhp2 ... gpjU0cMCuA

ShadowCat_13
Org Profile

Post by ShadowCat_13 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:34 pm

PerkyPastry wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:30 pm
I thought I understood secondary categories but now I’m not sure how they’re used during the contest. Are they only going to become competing categories if there are enough submissions that qualify? Are they an additional category that each entry can win an award for at the same time as a primary category award? Do some entries get moved into a secondary category only if the judges deem that none of the primary categories fit that entry?

I never got an alert for this… so sorry for the late response!
It’s for entries that doesn’t fit any of the main categories they’d be moved into a new category. So the answer is the third question you asked about!

www.mtac.net

ShadowCat_13
Org Profile

Post by ShadowCat_13 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:35 pm

24 hours and counting!

Get those videos in!

www.mtac.net

PerkyPastry
Org Profile

Post by PerkyPastry » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:58 pm

ShadowCat_13 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:34 pm
I never got an alert for this… so sorry for the late response!
It’s for entries that doesn’t fit any of the main categories they’d be moved into a new category. So the answer is the third question you asked about!
Ah okay, thank you for the answer! I had thought this was the case, but then I saw when filling out the submission form that selecting a primary category for a submission was mandatory, which made it seem like every entry has to be placed in a primary category for finals even if the editor knows their entry doesn't fit any of them. I felt a little bad selecting a primary category I didn't think a video particularly belonged in when the rules said specifically not to do that, but it wouldn't allow me to submit the form if I left that question blank :sweat:

ShadowCat_13
Org Profile

Re: MTAC AMV Contest 2024: Dueling Dragons (CLOSED)

Post by ShadowCat_13 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:03 pm

Finalists will be announced end of day of March 11th or March 12th!

Stay tuned and may the odds be ever in your favor!!

www.mtac.net

Sayoria
Org Profile

Post by Sayoria » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:04 pm

I only got confirmation for one of my videos. Did you receive two under my name? (Same handle here on the forums)
My old Youtube Channel has been removed. Kindly review here for videos:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjmhp2 ... gpjU0cMCuA

ShadowCat_13
Org Profile

Post by ShadowCat_13 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:08 pm

I’ve only emailed those that disqualified. If you haven’t gotten an email then you’re good to go!

www.mtac.net

Return to “AMV Contests”