Ideas for a "Best of AMV" DVD

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Postby Koopiskeva » Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:52 pm

wolf_hunter wrote:must :
wonka - soultaker mission (30 seconds to mars, soultaker, what more do you need)
koop - euphoria (self explanatory)
taskmasta - hear no evil (only good hellsing video ive seen:shock:)

I'm entering my vid to the contest though. |*:
Hi.
Koopiskeva
|:

Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.

Postby mexicanjunior » Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:53 pm

Koopiskeva wrote:
wonka - soultaker mission (30 seconds to mars, soultaker, what more do you need)

Maybe you can send NEW.AVI instead. :*|
mexicanjunior

Postby Rozard » Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:45 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
Koopiskeva wrote:

Maybe you can send NEW.AVI instead. :*|

Image I shall get you those DVDs, Koop. Someday...
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.
Rozard

Postby Brad » Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:05 pm

Daicon IV opening.

That's <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=746">Weibelius' video</a> right? I absolutely love that video, but I can't find it anymore. I had downloaded it a long time ago and burned it along with a bunch of other vids, but I can't find it anymore ;_; Anyone happen to know where I can snag it?

Oh, and gotta add Dedicated to Wuwu. It's always a con favorite. It won Best of Show, Best Action, Best Drama, and Best Comedy at AX last year.

:P

Seriously though, 'Right Now Somebody Is Reading This Title', 'Shameless Rock Video', 'Odorikuruu', 'Tainted Donuts', and 'Caffiene Encopium' are 5 MUST HAVE videos, and would work great for the DVD.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site
Brad

Postby Brad » Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:20 pm

Okay after looking through a bunch of my old CD's (not just AMV CD's though. Checked some of my just misc data backups) and found it. MAN what a fabulous video!! Personally I think this one would work well on the DVD too since it features SO many different series, and does it very well. Though you might have a problem with having more than one video by a single creator (he also did Tainted Donuts, which would probably be the better choice of the 2 to have on there).

I can send to whoever needs it (though keep in mind just a normal DSL connection with like a max 16KB/sec upstream). AIM = Atom is OK
Brad

Postby dokidoki » Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:51 pm

AtomX wrote:
Daicon IV opening.

That's <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=746">Weibelius' video</a> right?

I think he means the actual opening video to Daicon IV, a 1983 sci-fi convention in Osaka. Some background:
http://www.cjas.org/~echen/articles/spr ... 5_08g.html
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki
Free games! (some left) // "Anybody want a pizza roll?"
dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y

Postby Brad » Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:38 pm

dokidoki wrote:
AtomX wrote:
Daicon IV opening.

That's <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=746">Weibelius' video</a> right?

I think he means the actual opening video to Daicon IV, a 1983 sci-fi convention in Osaka. Some background:
http://www.cjas.org/~echen/articles/spr ... 5_08g.html

Okay. Thanks for clearing up :) I just remember reading something about his video being made for opening or closing of a con, and for some reason Daicon sounded right :P
Brad

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:04 am

Yeah, I mean't the real daicon iv opening.... the most impressive product of anime fandom the world has ever seen and the finest amatuer amv ever made.

imo :)
AbsoluteDestiny

Postby Ashyukun » Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:06 am

I can't argue with that. Even so long after it was made, it's still damn impressive.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions
Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech

Postby iserlohn » Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:13 am

I'm starting to have issues with classifying Daicon IV as an amateur production...while they weren't doing it for a company, most (if not all) of the animators had professional experience (read: They worked on Macross) and wound up selling LDs of the video afterwards, so in some respects it really was for money.

(I'd get reamed by a professor if I answered a real question like that...)

Anyhow, I still think it's a beautiful work. Especially my ultra-cool encode which has all the non-film grain noise removed and is DVD compliant. Mmmmmm, sexy.
"I'm recording an album tonight. Funny material and laughter will be dubbed in later."
--Bill Hicks
iserlohn

Previous

Return to AMV Contests