free contests

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

free contests

Postby bailz66 » Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:48 am

Hey I just got my amv's up and am wondering if there are any free contests i can enter them into or what i need to do for that sort of thing

anyway thanks
bailz66

Re: free contests

Postby Machine » Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:53 am

bailz66 wrote:Hey I just got my amv's up and am wondering if there are any free contests i can enter them into or what i need to do for that sort of thing

anyway thanks

Dude all contests are free. It's the shipping you have to pay for :D
Machine

Postby Petro » Wed Jul 24, 2002 2:24 pm

bailz... I'm disapointed in you! You should have known that ~_^
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Petro

Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia

Postby dokidoki » Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:42 pm

Actually, there's a $5 entry fee for Nan Desu Kan, if you don't attend the convention.
http://www.ndk.cc/ndk6/mv6.html
dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y

Postby bailz66 » Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:56 pm

soz petro i have never had my mvids hosted until now so its only just somthing i started thinking about ^^
bailz66

Postby MistyCaldwell » Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:25 pm

dokidoki wrote:Actually, there's a $5 entry fee for Nan Desu Kan, if you don't attend the convention.
http://www.ndk.cc/ndk6/mv6.html

Woah....I wonder if that rule is a combo of what it says and to also deter entries from people who aren't planning on going.

It also seems easy to cheat..you can fake last minute plans or something.
MistyCaldwell

Postby The Wired Knight » Thu Jul 25, 2002 3:59 am

Well despite evil mailng fees most cons are free. I just ended up spending $30 to send out my entry to AWA Pro contest. My poor wallet, money and the AMV world just do not mix.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
The Wired Knight

Postby SpPANDA » Thu Jul 25, 2002 4:24 am

im holding a free online contest.
SpPANDA

Postby BigName » Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:08 am

I actually like what Nan Desu Kan is doing... I mean it's one thing to go to a convention and lose... but it's something else entirely to go to a convention, and then lose to someone who didn't even take the time to frickin go... if you can't afford the time/resources to attend a con, for the love of god don't enter a vid for competition...

just a pet peeve of mine
BigName

Postby bailz66 » Thu Jul 25, 2002 7:46 am

I generally cant enter conventions, as im an australian user of the site its a little hard to attend places in america so you catch my drift ^^
bailz66

Postby Petro » Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:27 am

Bailz,

You can enter tons of online contests. Check it out in the forum. There are several with deadlines coming up soon.

Good luck, and enjoy!
-Petro
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Petro

Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia

Postby The Wired Knight » Thu Jul 25, 2002 1:40 pm

BigName wrote:I actually like what Nan Desu Kan is doing... I mean it's one thing to go to a convention and lose... but it's something else entirely to go to a convention, and then lose to someone who didn't even take the time to frickin go... if you can't afford the time/resources to attend a con, for the love of god don't enter a vid for competition...

just a pet peeve of mine

Thing is that some people don't live near a con, or can't visit more than one or just plain can't afford it. If you want to get your name out in the AMV world cons are almost a must and you should submit to what you can.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
The Wired Knight

Postby Ashton » Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:08 pm

Bailz brings up an interesting question that has been kicking me in the back of my brain. Now I realize that this is a little off topic, but are there anime conventions in Japan? It would seem a little silly if they didn't, but I've never really heard of any (this is important because in another month or so I will be living in Japan as an exchange student). Just a question. Oh, and another thing, what about AMV? Do the Japanese make AMV at all?
The anime Channel Petition Sign it if you like anime.
My member profile on the org.
オタク同士やろう! Ashton
Ashton

Postby BigName » Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:35 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:
Thing is that some people don't live near a con, or can't visit more than one or just plain can't afford it. If you want to get your name out in the AMV world cons are almost a must and you should submit to what you can.

If it's just to get their name out there then they should be submitting for exhibition instead of competition ... but then again ... not all con's have an exhibition slot.. which is really shame ... if the con has a music video contest it should almost be mandatory that it has a music video exhibition in addition to the contest ... in one of the smaller rooms or something...
BigName

Postby CArnesen » Fri Jul 26, 2002 2:53 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:Well despite evil mailng fees most cons are free. I just ended up spending $30 to send out my entry to AWA Pro contest. My poor wallet, money and the AMV world just do not mix.

You paid wayyyy tooooo much!

--Chris ^^
CArnesen

Next

Return to AMV Contests