Tekkoshocon AMV Contest Results

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Postby Ashyukun » Sat Apr 05, 2003 1:57 pm

matrixcodex wrote:I believe tho next year if they get a lot of movie trailers they should make a separate category for them, some seemed out of place in their respective categories.


That might be a nice thing to do, as they are sometime hard to categorize. I actually submitted mine under 'Action', but after watching it the contest staff asked my permission to move it to 'comedy/parody', which I had also given serious thought to putting it in under (and it did fairly well in). There would have been enough to have a separate trailer category this year- but that would have left like 2 (3, if Tom's "Liverpool" had been in Comedy/Parody) videos in the Comedy category....
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions
User avatar
Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2002
Location: KY

Postby matrixcodex » Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:18 am

There would have been enough to have a separate trailer category this year- but that would have left like 2 (3, if Tom's "Liverpool" had been in Comedy/Parody) videos in the Comedy category....


The next video I do will probably be comedy, I was a little surprised at the amount of comedy vids, I thought there would be a couple more than there was.

BTW your vid was unexpectedly hilarious!!! You had my vote instantly. I saw PPgirls and instantly thought crap but you proved me very wrong. That's talent.

Adobe Premere + Adobe After Effects = Crazy Special Effects


Definetly, I need more practice. I work on indy films and even edited one (3d effects and all) and I still have much to learn.

The video will be up for download soon on the dangling carrot here on the ORG. But if you want it earlier, just hit me upon AIM, Yahoo,MSN...whatever ya got


Thanks for the offer but my EXTREMELY SLOW DIALUP makes downloads a living hell for me and the file's provider. Maybe if I drop by my friend's house who has 512kb cable. Thanks anyway!!

Anyone know if they are going to hold the con at a different place next year?? I heard the Hotel management was none too happy with us.
matrixcodex
 
Joined: 05 Apr 2003

Postby Machine » Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:30 pm

matrixcodex wrote:
Anyone know if they are going to hold the con at a different place next year?? I heard the Hotel management was none too happy with us.



We are a bunch of weirdos in costumes running around acting liek children because we love to...

I bet they got a bunch of complaints about it.


I remember at Ushicon2 here in Austin that a bunch of people were staring at Cosplayers.

Hehe, I remember some people lookin at me and my girlfriend because she was dressed up as a gothic schoolgirl and I had a collar and chain around her neck.....

Good time :)
User avatar
Machine
 
Joined: 29 Mar 2001
Location: Austin TX

Postby matrixcodex » Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:23 pm

Well for some reason they had lots of police (REAL police mind you, not security) there, there were no less than 5 squad cars out front. And I saw them escort someone out of the game room that I had just rode in the elevator with by myself 20 minutes prior.
He said he wanted to seriously tazer his stupid roommate, I smiled politely and gripped the emergency 911 button on my cell.

Good times.... yeah, good times.

Aside from that I had lots of fun and hope to be there next year, new AMV(s) in hand.
matrixcodex
 
Joined: 05 Apr 2003

Postby Castor Troy » Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:45 pm

matrixcodex wrote:Well for some reason they had lots of police (REAL police mind you, not security) there, there were no less than 5 squad cars out front. And I saw them escort someone out of the game room that I had just rode in the elevator with by myself 20 minutes prior.
He said he wanted to seriously tazer his stupid roommate, I smiled politely and gripped the emergency 911 button on my cell.

Good times.... yeah, good times.

Aside from that I had lots of fun and hope to be there next year, new AMV(s) in hand.


This reminds me what happened after the AMV contest was cancelled at AX2002. Tons of cops began arriving and pulled over 10 cars. :shock:
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2001
Location: California
Status: Retired from AMVs

Postby Ashyukun » Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:53 am

[quote="matrixcodex]The next video I do will probably be comedy, I was a little surprised at the amount of comedy vids, I thought there would be a couple more than there was.

BTW your vid was unexpectedly hilarious!!! You had my vote instantly. I saw PPgirls and instantly thought crap but you proved me very wrong. That's talent.[/quote]

Yeah, there seem to be fewer comedy vids these days, which is rather a pity, they're some of my favorites. Of course, I probably shouldn't be complaining too much- I'll have a new vid. in ACen's comedy category, so less competition may not be a bad thing (though from what I understand, ACen's comedy category is usually quite good, so I'm looking forward to it).

I'm glad you enjoyed the video. :) I was rather worried that people just flat out wouldn't like the video due to being a PPG video, but I was very happy at how well it was received. :oops:

Definetly, I need more practice. I work on indy films and even edited one (3d effects and all) and I still have much to learn.


There's always more to learn... :wink:

Anyone know if they are going to hold the con at a different place next year?? I heard the Hotel management was none too happy with us.

Well for some reason they had lots of police (REAL police mind you, not security) there, there were no less than 5 squad cars out front. And I saw them escort someone out of the game room that I had just rode in the elevator with by myself 20 minutes prior.
He said he wanted to seriously tazer his stupid roommate, I smiled politely and gripped the emergency 911 button on my cell.

Good times.... yeah, good times.

Aside from that I had lots of fun and hope to be there next year, new AMV(s) in hand


I was at the gripe session after the con, and they will almost certainly be someplace else next year, both because of the problems with the hotel staff and management and the fact that they are almost guaranteed to need more space than this year's hotel has to offer. There were a number of problems, not the least of which was the whole thing with no prop weapons for hall cosplayers and the thing with shoes. There was also the issue with the hotel telling them to pull Ebichu, which apparently pissed off the con chair quite nicely (The con chair was a complete riot).

We were wondering about the police cars ourselves (I stayed with a friend who lived nearby, and not in the hotel itself)- there were at least 5 cars and a van/SUV from two different towns out front when we showed up Sunday morning, but I didn't see any police in the con areas.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions
User avatar
Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2002
Location: KY

Postby Machine » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:30 am

Castor Troy wrote:This reminds me what happened after the AMV contest was cancelled at AX2002. Tons of cops began arriving and pulled over 10 cars. :shock:


I remember that. That was some good times indeed.

The paper airplane that hit the projection screen = priceless :D
User avatar
Machine
 
Joined: 29 Mar 2001
Location: Austin TX

Postby matrixcodex » Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:11 pm

I was at the gripe session after the con, and they will almost certainly be someplace else next year, both because of the problems with the hotel staff and management and the fact that they are almost guaranteed to need more space than this year's hotel has to offer. There were a number of problems, not the least of which was the whole thing with no prop weapons for hall cosplayers and the thing with shoes. There was also the issue with the hotel telling them to pull Ebichu, which apparently pissed off the con chair quite nicely (The con chair was a complete riot).


The amount room was a major issue, I don't blame anyone for it tho its just one of those things that pop up. I had to wait until Sunday to get into the Dealers room because of the sheer volume of people and my much published fear of large crouds.

I knew nothing of the pulling of Ebichu!!! That's some stuff... since when is a hotel in charge of censorship? I bet the chair was quite livid (translate: about to dismember people).
matrixcodex
 
Joined: 05 Apr 2003

Postby Castor Troy » Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:07 pm

Machine wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:This reminds me what happened after the AMV contest was cancelled at AX2002. Tons of cops began arriving and pulled over 10 cars. :shock:


I remember that. That was some good times indeed.

The paper airplane that hit the projection screen = priceless :D


The person who did that is my hero. :D
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2001
Location: California
Status: Retired from AMVs

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:15 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
The person who did that is my hero. :D


Yep, I'm sure they've raise the con registration fee a couple bucks to pay fot the damage to such an expensive screen :P

Vlad
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Postby Castor Troy » Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:32 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
The person who did that is my hero. :D


Yep, I'm sure they've raise the con registration fee a couple bucks to pay fot the damage to such an expensive screen :P

Vlad


I'll pay! :)
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2001
Location: California
Status: Retired from AMVs

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:10 am

Castor Troy wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
The person who did that is my hero. :D


Yep, I'm sure they've raise the con registration fee a couple bucks to pay fot the damage to such an expensive screen :P

Vlad


I'll pay! :)


Hmmm..If you say that they might make your share...say $15,000 (price of a new screen acording them them...) :P

Vlad
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Postby Castor Troy » Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:21 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
The person who did that is my hero. :D


Yep, I'm sure they've raise the con registration fee a couple bucks to pay fot the damage to such an expensive screen :P

Vlad


I'll pay! :)


Hmmm..If you say that they might make your share...say $15,000 (price of a new screen acording them them...) :P

Vlad


Time to set up my lemonade stand in the desert....

$15,000 a glass!
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2001
Location: California
Status: Retired from AMVs

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:34 am

Castor Troy wrote:Time to set up my lemonade stand in the desert....

$15,000 a glass!


That's insane! no one will pay that for a glass! Try $14,999 and then you'll get some customers :wink:

Vlad
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Postby Ashyukun » Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:07 am

matrixcodex wrote:The amount room was a major issue, I don't blame anyone for it tho its just one of those things that pop up. I had to wait until Sunday to get into the Dealers room because of the sheer volume of people and my much published fear of large crouds.


I don't blame them for the space problem either- quite the contrary. They weren't expecting nearly as many people as actually showed up, and I think they handled things very well for what they had to deal with.

I knew nothing of the pulling of Ebichu!!! That's some stuff... since when is a hotel in charge of censorship? I bet the chair was quite livid (translate: about to dismember people).


Yeah, they had to pull it and showed Shaolin Soccer (IIRC) instead. I'm sure the con chair was livid as well- she really wanted to show it. You could tell she was still pissed off about it a day later at the gripe session. I bet the squirrel on her hat was fearing for its life the previous night...
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions
User avatar
Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2002
Location: KY

Previous

Return to AMV Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ngsilver and 2 guests