Matsuricon 2016 AMV Contest - Winners now included

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
ahinton
Org Profile

Matsuricon 2016 AMV Contest - Winners now included

Post by ahinton » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:49 pm

Hello everyone.

Matsuricon 2016 will be holding a new AMV contest, to be displayed and held at the Matsuricon 2016 anime convention on August 19 - 21st, 2016 in Columbus, OH, USA. We are now accepting entries for the contest. And if you don't want to enter into a contest but just show your video to a Mid-Western anime fandom, we are also accepting exhibition videos as well. Please see the following link for contest and exhibition information as well as the rules for the contest:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1emWz ... ef=2&pli=1

For registering your AMV, please see the following link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1I3AcDu ... s/viewform

And finally, if you have any questions or concerns with regards to the Matsuricon 2016 AMV contest, you can reach me at matsuriconamv@gmail.com or you can just post here (sometimes I don't get forum replies in my email box, but I will try and respond as soon as I can).

And if you are interested in the convention itself, you can check us out at the following website:

http://matsuricon.org/

Thank you guys very much and I hope you will consider entering into our humble contest.
Last edited by ahinton on Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Matsuricon V.E.S. AMV Contest Coordinator 2023
https://matsuricon.org/
amv@matsuricon.org

ahinton
Org Profile

Re: Matsuricon 2016 AMV Contest - Now Accepting Entires

Post by ahinton » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:16 pm

Just wanted to bump this and let everyone know that we are a month away from the deadline for registration (video submission deadline is a month and a week away, but it is required to register the video first). We are accepting entries for all mentioned categories. So if you haven't entered and are interested, please feel free.
amv@matsuricon.org

ahinton
Org Profile

Post by ahinton » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:34 am

Hello again. I just wanted to bump this up one more time. We are still accepting video registrations but only up till 11:59 PM EST on July 9th. And we are still looking for videos in all categories. If you are interested, then we would love to accept your AMV.
amv@matsuricon.org

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:29 pm

Just registered mine
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

ahinton
Org Profile

Post by ahinton » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:06 pm

We have now closed registration for the Matsuricon 2016 AMV Contest. Thank you to all who have registered for the contest. Please note that a few weeks are needed before the contest set list is posted. This is so I can gather videos that have yet to be submitted and also for the selection committee to give their grades. Please look out for the contest set list by the end of the month. If there are any questions anyone has, you may post them here, send me a PM, or email me at matsuriconamv@gmail.com. Again, thank you to everyone for your registrations and good luck to each of you for the contest.
amv@matsuricon.org

ahinton
Org Profile

Re: Matsuricon 2016 AMV Contest - The contest, Exhibtion, and Extravaganza list is ready

Post by ahinton » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:02 pm

Hello everyone. First, thank you for your patience as all of these videos are reviewed. Before the contest list is provided, I would like to give a run down as to our AMV schedule for Matsuricon.

There will be two one-hour exhibition showing in our video room, one on Friday and the other Saturday. Each showing will feature several of the non-contest videos submitted to the contest. These showing will have a different set list for each day. In addition to the exhbition showings, we are also running we're calling "The Post Matsuricon AMV Contest Extravaganza". Here we have selected other non-contest videos which this time will be shown in front of our judging panel as well as audience. Here our judging panel will provide their opinions on these selected videos and we will even get some opinions from the audience as well. And of course there is the contest itself. Our showing for this starts at 4 PM EST on Saturday August 20th. We will have a special encore presentation to coincide with our awards ceremony on the following Sunday August 21st starting at 11 AM EST.

Here is the set list for the exbition showing for Friday August the 19th starting at 9 PM EST:

- AI Astro Intelligence by Dragonrider1227 - Astro Boy - AI Artificial Intelligence Trailer
- Flying Circus'n Fun by Magicflier of Illuminated Studios - AOKANA: Four Rhythm Across The Blue - Welcome To The Show by Britt Nicole
- Do Your Worst by dapperlemur - Kill La Kill - Hostage by Dangerkids
- Gundam Build Heroes by Jordan Sparks - Gundam Build Fighters - Hero (Kibou no Uta) by Flow
- Immortal by AbsolutionAMV - Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works - Immortals by Fall Out Boy
- Invincible by ToiletRage - Boku no Hero Academia - Top Of The World by Greek Fire
- Kingdom Hearts: This Is War by Camille Goetz of VM Cosplay Productions - Kingdom Hearts Series - This Is War by Thirty Seconds To Mars
- Friendship! By joycescookie - Shingeki no Kyojin, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Tokyo Ghoul, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - I'll Be There For You by The Rembrandts
- The Boy Who's Going To Save The World by D-Monsta - One Piece - Way Back Home by Mako, Way Back Home by Paris & Simo Mix
- Beast Inside by SushixGaming - The Boy And The Beast - Demons by Imagine Dragons
- Only Human by Ranmaru for BadAppleWhite - Wolf Children Ame to Yuki - Only Human by Christina Perri
- REACTED by pwcagal272 - ERASED - Breezeblocks by Alt-J
- Yuuki See You Again by RSCHAOSMASTER - Sword Art Online - See You Again by Charlie Pluth
- Finders Keepers by Allegoriest - Gankutsuou - The Emperor's New Clothes by Panic! At The Disco
- Rule The World by WebsterGirl - Fairy Tail - Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Lorde
- We Are The Supports by Anime Mashup - Amagi Brillant Park - We Are The Supports by Instalok (Parody)

Our set list for the exhibition showing Saturday August the 20th starting at noon EST:

- Ramalama Bang Bang by Kairi Yajuu - Dragonball Z - Ramalama Bang Bang by Roisin Murphy
- Space Western Daydream by Sunset Animation - Cowboy Bebop (Series & Movie), Trigun (Series, Badlands Rumble), Outlaw Star - Moonage Daydream by Davide Bowie, Cowboy Bebop Audio
- Good Company by joycescookie - Kuragehime - Cross My Mind by Twin Forks
- Daily Life With Animals by TritioAFB - Multiple - Animals by Maroon 5
- MAGICA EVOLUTION by SwordHappyFox - Multiple - Bloodlip by Matduke ft. Veela
- Fun With Someone by AMV-X - Multiple - Mirror Mirror by Sash!
- Pop A Bottle (Fill Her Up) by Ka0riSpr!nkLes - Fairy Tail - Pop A Bottle (Fill Me Up) by Jessica Mauboy
- See You In April by Azukano for AzukanoAMVs - Your Lie In April - See You Again by Charlie Pluth
- Fun With Someone by AMV-X - Multiple - Mirror Mirror by Sash!
- Princes and Princess by TritioAFP - Dance With Devils - How Deep Is Your Love by Calvin Harris & The Disciples
- Invincible by ToiletRage - Boku no Hero Academia - Top Of The World by Greek Fire
- The Will Of Shinobi by Hikan - Naruto - Whispers In My Head by ONLAP
- Erased Existance by Kira - Nabari no Ou, Super Lovers - In The Air Tonight (Extended Mix) by Joseph William Morgan ft. Shadow Royale, Nabari no Ou Audio
- Snapshot by AbsolutionAMV - Charlotte - Photograph by Ed Sheeran (Felix Jaehn Remix)
- Found You by IlCatchMe for Illumincated Studios - Multiple - Thief by Ookay
- Siete Metum by Warlike Cygnet - The Seven Deadly Sins - Shake Your Balla (1,2,3 Alarma) by Hot Banditoz

Our set list for the Post Matsuricon AMV Contest Extravaganza starting at 7 AM on Saturday August the 20th:

- Zerorequiem by Kazumoe - Code Geass (R1 & R2) - Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Lorde
- Future (Diary) Husband by shorisquared of Tsunderbird Studios - Mirai Nikki - Dear Future Husband by Meghan Trainor
- Downfall Aeternum by Diegao of RisingProductionAMV - Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works - Wasting Time by Red
- This Love: When Two Hearts Meet by Ram4919911 of Illuminated Studios - Multiple - This Love by The Veronicas
- One by Pikapwn - One Punch Man - Fist of Desperate (Awakening) by Hideyuki Furasawa
- B Team by WebsterGirl for Lightworks - Fairy Tail - B Team by Marianas Trench
- Pest Friends by Shorisquared & BlankVids for Tsunderbird Studios - Parasyte The Maxim - Different As Can Be by A Very Potter Musical
- End Of Summer by MomToCutiePia - Prince of Stride: Alternative - Run Boy Run by Woodkid
- Dollhouse by LoliPop Studios - Rule Of Rose - Dollhouse by Melanie Martinez
- First Time He Kissed A Boy by Kira - Super Lovers - First Time He Kissed A Boy by Kadie Elder, Super Lovers Audio
- Krillin Will Wait For It by Kairi Yajuu - Dragonball, Dragonball Z - Wait For It by Lin Manuel-Miranda, Dragonball Audio
- The Joy Of Rebirth by @YourFavoriteWaifu - Neon Genesis Evangelion - I'll Keep Coming by Low Roar
- Euphoria by Anime Mashup - Kyoukai no Kanata - The Calling by TheFatRat
- Whenever Your Love by Xaiyeon of SunKoiWish - GE: Good Ending (Manga) - You're The Only (Whenever You Are) by Iyaz

And finally, the Matsuricon 2016 AMV Contest set list:

Action:

- Wavedash Whompathon by MyCatHatesYouAMV - Various - Phoenix Down by The Unguided (Zardonic Remix)
- Geppu Dasu BOMB!!! By Yusuke AMV of Rising Production - One Punch Man - Buiikikaesu by Maximum The Hormone
- Warrior Inside by AMV-X - Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works - Warrior Inside by Leader
- Vertical Limit by [key]Scarlet of Rising Production - REDLINE - Aura by Sergey Fisum
- WRYYY Gonna Find You by LC_Lapen - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - Find You by Doujah Raze

Comedy/Parody:

- Cooking By The Book by Kyci - K-ON, K-ON Movie - Cooking By The Book by Lazy Town
- Scott Sterling MFV (Most Valuable Face): The Anime Edition by Maboroshi Studio - Haikyuu!! - Best Volleyball Blocks Ever w/ Scott Sterling by Studio C
- Speed o' Sound Sonic X by Pikapwn - One Punch Man - Gotta Go Fast by Norman J Grossfeld
- Too Much Of A Gin Thing by LC_Lapen - Gintama - Looking Like This by Lyre Le Temps

Drama:

- Ananum by Iren S.S. - From The New World - California Dreamin by Sia
- Center Of Attention by xGeminii of Illuminated Studios - Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai - Center of Attention by Jackson Waters
- Made Whole by LullabyLockdown - Kekkai Sensen - You & I by PVRIS
- Who Will Save Me Now by Maboroshi Studio - Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress - Who Will Save Me Now by Les Friction

Horror:

- Evil Eye by Allegoriest - Kekkai Sensen - Evil Eye by Franz Ferdinand
- Imperium by BecauseImBored1 - Hellsing Ultimate - Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Lorde
- Red Lips by White Dex - Monogatari series - Red Lips by GTA ft Sam Bruno
- Losing Control by CJEJTHEDJ - Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Movies) - Control by Halsey

Romance:

- Dying Days by Magicflier - Beyond The Boundary - Sunday Morning by Saycet
- Secret Drawing by ThalesEdition for NL-TEAM - When Marnie Was There - Secrets by One Republic
- Celestial by PiercedSky - Hibike! Euphonium - We'll Be The Stars by Sabrina Carpenter
- SUKI DA!!! By StarTrinity009 of PixelBlended Studios - My Love Story!! - I'm A Believer (Radio Edit) by Smash Mouth

Upbeat/Fun:

- Hard-Knock Life by WhiteDex - Nichijou - It's A Hard-Knock Life by Annie OST
- Stop, Funk, & Roll by unluckyartist - Space Dandy, K-ON!, SoniAni: Super Sonico The Animation, Angel Beats, Show By Rock!, The World God Only Knows - Funknroll by Prince & 3Rdeyegirl
- All Night by DottedTaylor - Love Live! - All Night by Icona Pop
- One-Punchline by BecauseImBored1 - One-Punch Man - All I Do is Win by DJ Khaled ft Ludacris

Please note that due to time restraints we will not be able to show all of the submitted videos. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. Also too, we are hosting an "After Hours" AMV special in which some of the videos submitted will take part. However there is no finalized list at this time. But there are a couple of editors who know that their videos will take part in this showing.

If there are any questions for me at this time, please do not hesitate to ask. Again, thank each of you for your patience and your AMVs. And as a final message to all of our contestants, congratulations on being a finalist. Good luck with the contest.
amv@matsuricon.org

Pwcagal
Org Profile

Re: Matsuricon 2016 AMV Contest - Contest, Exhibtion, and Extravaganza lists are now available

Post by Pwcagal » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:07 pm

Awesome! Thanks for screening my AMV! :D So many great vids here. Hope all goes well this weekend. :)

ahinton
Org Profile

Re: Matsuricon 2016 AMV Contest - Winners now included

Post by ahinton » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:04 pm

So it is now August the 22nd which means that it is the day after Matsuricon, which means I should have posted the winners by now :). I would like to ask our editors who were in the contest, to please note a couple of things. First the best of show (or the one that got the highest scores from our judges) instantly gets removed from the "Best of Category" list. So this means the best in category goes to the next highest score for that category. Also too, for those who were winners, I will reach out to you personally by the end of the week to discuss awards and prizes. If you came in runner-up, you do not recieve any awards. But you will get mentioned here for the awesome job you did.

Runner-Up Best of Action: Geppu Dasu BOMB!!! By Yusuke AMV of Rising Production - One Punch Man - Buiikikaesu by Maximum The Hormone
Winner Best of Action: Wavedash Whompathon by MyCatHatesYouAMV - Various - Phoenix Down by The Unguided (Zardonic Remix)

Runner-Up Best of Drama: Made Whole by LullabyLockdown - Kekkai Sensen - You & I by PVRIS
Winner Best of Drama: Center Of Attention by xGeminii of Illuminated Studios - Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai - Center of Attention by Jackson Waters

Runner-Up Best of Upbeat-Fun: One-Punchline by BecauseImBored1 - One-Punch Man - All I Do is Win by DJ Khaled ft Ludacris
Winner Best of Upbeat-Fun: Hard-Knock Life by WhiteDex - Nichijou - It's A Hard-Knock Life by Annie OST

Runner-Up Best of Horror: Losing Control by CJEJTHEDJ - Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Movies) - Control by Halsey
Winner Best of Horror: Imperium by BecauseImBored1 - Hellsing Ultimate - Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Lorde

Runner-Up Best of Romance: Dying Days by Magicflier - Beyond The Boundary - Sunday Morning by Saycet
Winner Best of Romance: Secret Drawing by ThalesEdition for NL-TEAM - When Marnie Was There - Secrets by One Republic

Runner-Up Best of Comedy-Parody: Speed o' Sound Sonic X by Pikapwn - One Punch Man - Gotta Go Fast by Norman J Grossfeld
Winner Best of Comedy-Parody: Cooking By The Book by Kyci - K-ON, K-ON Movie - Cooking By The Book by Lazy Town

Runner-Up Audience Choice: Two way tie between Hard-Knock Life by WhiteDex - Nichijou - It's A Hard-Knock Life by Annie OST
& Losing Control by CJEJTHEDJ - Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Movies) - Control by Halsey
Winner Audience Choice: Scott Sterling MFV (Most Valuable Face): The Anime Edition by Maboroshi Studio - Haikyuu!! - Best Volleyball Blocks Ever w/ Scott Sterling by Studio C

(Drum Roll) Runner-Up Best of Matsuricon 2016: Secret Drawing by ThalesEdition for NL-TEAM - When Marnie Was There - Secrets by One Republic

(Even Bigger Drum Roll)

The Winner of Best in Show Matsuricon 2016:

Scott Sterling MFV (Most Valuable Face): The Anime Edition by Maboroshi Studio - Haikyuu!! - Best Volleyball Blocks Ever w/ Scott Sterling by Studio C

On behalf of Matsuricon, we had ourselves a great contest, a great exhibition, and a great extravaganza showing during our con. And we couldn't have done it without all of your contributions. To all of the editors, thank you again for your entires. And a special thank you goes out to the org as well for providing a platform to advertising for our humble contest. I along with our growing staff, will be running this contest again next year. So I hope all of you editors (and even more so) will consider Matsuricon 2017 for showing out your awesome AMVs.
amv@matsuricon.org

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:43 am

Wow this is pretty awesome!

Congrats to all the other winners as well :up:
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

BecauseImBored1
Org Profile

Post by BecauseImBored1 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:53 pm

oh yo cool runner up

Return to “AMV Contests”