Kigacon 2016 WINNERS!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
AMV Strat
Org Profile

Re: Kigacon 2016! <24 HOURS LEFT! March 5 Deadline, $25 Amazon Gift Card Prizes!

Post by AMV Strat » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:57 am

I sent you the info, did you see it?

Davis 51
Org Profile

Re: Kigacon 2016! <24 HOURS LEFT! March 5 Deadline, $25 Amazon Gift Card Prizes!

Post by Davis 51 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:28 am

Sephirothskr, AMV Strat,

I will specifically look for your AMVs when I go through the list today. Given thqt you contacted me before the deadline, If I don't find them, I will PM you and give you a chance to submit.
Under The Box Productions is my studio.
My youtube page is: http://www.youtube.com/user/UnderTheBoxProduct

Davis 51
Org Profile

Re: Kigacon 2016! DEADLINE OVER!

Post by Davis 51 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:02 am

Sephirothskr, AMV Strat,

I see your files there. Don't worry. I am still downloading submissions, so I won't update the top of the thread until I have them all.

StarTrinity009
Org Profile

Post by StarTrinity009 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:48 pm

Davis 51 wrote:Friday March 5th, 2016, 11:59:59 has passed.
Hey guys, I'm confused. You say that your deadline is passed, but today is still Saturday, March 5th, 2016. Yesterday was the 4th. Also, a timezone or AM or PM was not specified, so I was thinking that the deadline was Saturday, March 5th, 2016 11:59:59PM EST (following the format of most other contests). I would still like to enter your contest, so let me know if you are willing to grant an exception based off of this information. If not, please specify these details more clearly next time. :up:

Davis 51
Org Profile

Post by Davis 51 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:49 pm

StarTrinity009 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm confused. You say that your deadline is passed, but today is still Saturday, March 5th, 2016. Yesterday was the 4th. Also, a timezone or AM or PM was not specified, so I was thinking that the deadline was Saturday, March 5th, 2016 11:59:59PM EST (following the format of most other contests). I would still like to enter your contest, so let me know if you are willing to grant an exception based off of this information. If not, please specify these details more clearly next time. :up:
You are right. As this is my mistake, I will resolve this in favor of the AMV creator.

Deadline extended until Midnight Tonight.

StarTrinity009
Org Profile

Post by StarTrinity009 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:52 pm

Davis 51 wrote:
StarTrinity009 wrote:
You are right. As this is my mistake, I will resolve this in favor of the AMV creator.

Deadline extended until Midnight Tonight.
Thank you! That is much appreciated. Submitting now.

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Re: Kigacon 2016! DEADLINE MIDNIGHT TONIGHT!

Post by Sephirothskr » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:28 pm

Davis 51 wrote:UPDATE!!

SATURDAY March 5th, 2016, 11:59:59 is coming up. I made the mistake of thinking the 5th is Friday, not Saturday. As it is my mistake, I am extending the deadline until midnight tonight.

I am downloading and reviewing entries now. I will be updating the list below as soon as I am done. If you sent me a message regarding your specific entry, you can expect a reply by today. Once obvious DQ's have been removed, we will update the list below.

Best of luck.

List of entrants received as of 3/4/2016 (This does NOT mean you are in the contest, only that we have received a submission email from you)!

TritioAFB
AMV-X
Vladimir Logos
Blank Vids
SerenityAMV
Magicflier
joycescookie
Shorisquared
Ram4919911
Gloryquester
SephirothAMV
RuoHani Zhang
NekoKitKat
Kyci
Miracle Falcon
Unlucky Artist
Pikapwn
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SooooOOOOOO! Kigacon is back! And yeah, back sooner than you think! A lot has happened since last year, mainly that the convention has split off from its parent, CNU Anime Club, and is now it's own nonprofit thing! That's the good news! And we have the same awesome prize budget this year as last year!

The bad news is that the con is March 11-13, 2016. Which I learned last week.
*Que internal screaming*

Yeah, we need entries fast. At least February is a leap year,

So without further adeau, the rules:

1. The categories will be
Trailers,
Action,
Drama,
Upbeat/Dance,
Romance/Sentimental,
Comedy/Parody
In the event of there being less than 4 trailers, the trailers submitted will be moved into the category most closely related to subject matter. Categories that do not receive at least 4 entries may be merged with their nearest counterpart; for details on how this may work, SEE THE BRACKETS BELOW. That is, if there are not enough entrants within each category, we will combine them into the category next closest in the parenthesis bracket. If you submitted to more than one category, and categories you submitted to end up merged, both your entries will still be counted, provided they both become finalists.

(((Action, Upbeat/Dance) (Trailers, Comedy/Parody)), (Drama, Romance/Sentimental))

Tech Specs:

2. Please ensure your video is in one of the following resolutions.
1920x1080,
1440x1080
1280x720,
960x720
848x480.
720x480 (MPEG 1 & 2 Exclusive, See rule 4)
640x480

3. We accept the following frame rates: 23.976, 24, 29.97, 30 and 60. If your submission is not in one of those, it will be rejected outright.

4. Please only submit in 720x480 if you plan to encode in MPEG or MPEG-2. Entrants submitting in this format and at this resolution are encouraged to submit in 4:3 Flagged MPEG-2, at either 29.97 fps, or 23.976 with 3:2 pulldown selected (see Scintilla’s guide for the best way to do this. If widescreen footage is used, follow the guide on how to letterbox it). If you are encoding in MPEG-2, please encode your audio as MPEG-1 Layer 2 or AC3. MP3s, WAVs, and others will not work and we will be forced to convert them.

5. We accept the most file formats and methods of compression, however, we will not accept .mov or .wmv files. If you are using Windows Movie Maker, please output to AVI. If we are unable to convert to .MPG, we will attempt to contact you.

6.There is a file-size limit of 2 Gigabytes.

7. No studio bumpers or official logos. If we can’t remove it, and you can’t get us a clean version, the video is disqualified.

8. No audio from the official English dubs.

General Rules:

8. No nudity, or excessive gore/violence. Keep it PG-13.

9. Run time may be anywhere between 1 minute and 6 minutes. This will be strictly enforced.

10. Each entrant is permitted a single entry per category.

11. Acceptable footage includes Anime and Japanese Video Game footage. ‘American’ anime such as Afro Samurai, Animatrix, etc. is accepted, so long as it is at least partially animated by a Japanese Animation Studio.

12. Audio must be primarily music and may not include excessive dialogue/narration. The exception is videos that qualify as “trailers.”
13. Entries will be sent through an upload site such as DropBox, or through the AnimeMusicVideos.org catalog. With the exception of AnimeMusicVideos.org, one should not have to register or pay anything to be able to download a video. If we find it’s behind a
registration wall/paywall, we will ask for another link. If you do not provide one, you will be disqualified.

14. Entrants who knowingly attempt to circumvent these rules will have ALL of their submissions disqualified.

15. Videos will be accepted regardless of past victories in other contests, as long as they have been made between March 24th 2015 and March 24th 2016. NO ANTI-TROLLING RULE!

16. We reserve the right to reject any video for any reason whatsoever.

How to Enter:

Send your submissions to anime@cnu.edu with the subject line “AMV CONTEST ENTRY 2016.” If you do not submit it with that subject line, there is no guarantee we will enter it. Videos should contain either the studio name or the name you want to appear on the ballot, followed by a dash and a video title, like this: “Studio name – Video"
In your email, include a link to download your video, and a TEXT FILE (that means .txt)
containing the following:
Name (Please use your real name)
Video Title
Source Anime
Song Used
Song Artist
Category desired (we reserve the right to change this)
Email (again, this is in case we have to contact you. We will not give away your email for any
reason).
Address.
Are you attending the con? (Y/N).
We will email you when we have received and tested your entry to play on our system. The later you send your entry, the later we will get back to you. If you send at the last minute, you will NOT receive confirmation until after the deadline has passed, and there may not be time to resubmit if something goes wrong!

Contestants found to be falsifying information will be disqualified AND permanently banned from this contest.

Awards include first place in each category, Best in Show, and Coordinators choice.

Each category winner, along with Coordinators Choice, shall receive a $25 gift certificate to Amazon.com. No runner up prizes.
NOTE: PRIZES SHALL ONLY BE AWARDED TO UNITED STATES CITIZENS! .

If we receive too many entries to screen during our allotted time, finalists shall be determined by a panel of four judges, including myself. Judges shall be barred from voting in the final contest.
Entrees will be examined based on originality, editing skill, video/audio output quality, and entertainment value.

As stated above, if we do not receive at least 4 entries in a category, it will be merged with the next “nearest” category.

Hey, I still don't see my name on the list even though I've submitted. Can I get a confirmation?

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Post by Sephirothskr » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:29 pm

Davis 51 wrote:Sephirothskr, AMV Strat,

I see your files there. Don't worry. I am still downloading submissions, so I won't update the top of the thread until I have them all.

Sorry, just saw this post. I also sent you a second file doing to the first one having profanity. You'll see a re: to the first email. Sorry haha

TheAsian777
Org Profile

Post by TheAsian777 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:39 pm

Just wondering if you got mine. Sent mine March 3rd.

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:30 pm

entered
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

Return to “AMV Contests”