AWA 2015 The Video Art Track - Deadlines SEP 2 & SEP 7

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
jingoro
Org Profile

AWA 2015 The Video Art Track - Deadlines SEP 2 & SEP 7

Post by jingoro » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:20 pm

UPDATE: Because of the holiday weekend, and the fact we cannot to much of anything during it, we've extended the deadline for The Music Video Exposition and The Masters one day to September 7.

UPDATE: Because of technical problems with our submission website, the deadline for The Professional Awards has been extended to September 2.

This is the only notice of these changes. If you encounter anyone with a question regarding this, please direct them here.

Greetings patient editors!

While the deadlines have been on Anime Weekend Atlanta's website for months, and we've never planned major changes in the contest rules this year, it has taken me a while to get this thread opened. For that I apologize, though I think you'll see why it's taken me longer this year in a moment. We've got a lot planned and it's going to be a big year for us!

Anime Weekend Atlanta

One big thing to remember is Anime Weekend Atlanta is 4 days this year. The Video Art Track will be one of the first rooms to open, screening videos the moment we're ready and with official programming starting as early as 2:00 PM Thursday. Be sure to arrive early and don't forget the Editors' Dinner on Thursday!

Web Site

There is a button right at the top of the main Video Art Track page that says "submit your video", but the easy-to-remember URL is http://awa.videoarttrack.com/. The form will look pretty familiar to you if you've sent us videos in the past.

The long form of the rules have been reviewed, typos corrected and trivial adjustments made. The highlights for you are:
  • This is a Masters year.
  • Both The Masters and The Professional Awards require new content not released online or screened at other conventions.
  • The Professional Awards will continue its efforts toward blind judging and appreciates your cooperation.
  • Explicit content is allowed in The Professional Awards and in The Music Video Exposition, but not The Masters.
  • The deadlines are August 30 for The Professional Awards and September 6 for our other contests.
  • Submissions close at 5:00 PM Eastern time.
Now for the big announcements.

FantAWAsia

If you stayed for the very end of Anime Weekend Atlanta last year, you may recall that the Georgia Philharmonic Orchestra performed a selection of works from video games and anime for us on Sunday evening. Two things came out of this... the first is that, of course, we've invited them to return. The second was that they couldn't commit to doing video game and anime music for us every year.

The solution, as it turns out, is to take some more traditional classical works and ask music video editors to make videos that will be exhibited with the live orchestra, not just at Anime Weekend Atlanta, but during the entire fall season!

I cannot tell you how excited we are about this. We've invited all the past winners of The Masters, and some of the most respected editors in the community to participate. We'll have news and the occasional progress report as we get closer to the convention.

If you are interested in participating, space is very limited and deadlines are tight, but you can email me at videoart@awa-con.com and we can talk.

The MEP Thunderdome

Something we've wanted to do for a long time its to give as many editors something to do at the convention related to their art. Part of this is The Iron Editor Video Editing Challenge™, which we started at Anime Weekend Atlanta 6 and that Vic and Omar have refined into an art form of its own. Now we wanted to create something new to get as many people involved as we can!

Presenting The MEP Thunderdome, a fully stocked private editing bay (Adobe Premiere / Sony Vegas) at Anime Weekend Atlanta that will be available all day Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We will be taking signups for 6 teams of 5 editors each, with each editor given one hour in the edit bay to contribute to their team's MEP, Iron Editor-style, but with a few twists of our own.

If you are interested in participating, gather your team of five together, come up with a cool name for you team, then have your team captain email me with all the details at videoart@awa-con.com. Feel free to trash-talk all you like as we prepare The MEP Thunderdome!

There will be prizes for each individual editor on the winning team.

Thank you.

As always, thank you all for your support of The Video Art Track and Anime Weekend Atlanta.

Daric "Jingoro" Jackson
Director, The Video Art Track

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: AWA 2015 The Video Art Track - Deadlines AUG 30 & SEP 6

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:29 pm

About time!

Xophilarus
Org Profile

Post by Xophilarus » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:42 pm

I think it would be a lot better if the dinner was moved to Thursday like it usually is. I am aware you probably want it to be before the con starts, but honestly, that is going to cause a LOT of people I have already spoken to about it to be unable to make it :/

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:48 pm

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:17 pm

Edited for clarity on that, sorry.

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:18 pm

So anyone working on FantAWAsia get an extra week right? Lol
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:13 pm

Hope you enjoy my massive AMV dump into exposition. |:>

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:32 pm

Someone had their prune juice. Almost thought you were Mr. Pilkington there for a minute.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:43 pm

Looking forward to Pro like always :up:

Dragonrider1227
Org Profile

Post by Dragonrider1227 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:45 am

awesome! I've heard about your exposition and have been hoping it would be open soon. I will most definitely be contributing. :D

Return to “AMV Contests”