Anime Central 2015 AMV Contest Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Anime Central 2015 AMV Contest Winners

Post by GloryQuestor » Sat May 30, 2015 8:51 am

As requested by Org member seasons, here is a republication of the official results from the Anime Central website:
Rasclin wrote:Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:11 AM

We'd like to thank all of our entrants this year for a fantastic contest. We had a lot of great entries and it was our pleasure to watch them all and pick out our winners.

We didn't get as much advertising out for this event as we would have liked. This, of course, led to limited entries, which led to confusion about the amount of space we'd need. In the end, we decided to keep it to the AMV room itself for this year.

A side effect of this was that the short list of entries led to a lack of need for any categories. As a result, we only chose three winners overall.

Those winners were:

In 3rd place, Victims of the Night by Ben Sobotka! The song used was "Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon. The anime used was Kimagure Orange Road.

In 2nd place, Out of the Dark by Chris Dean! The song used was "Out of the Dark" (Indidginus Mix) by Suns of Arqa. Multiple anime series were used.

And our grand prize winner is...

Lapidoptera by Gabrielle Guthaus! The song used was "If I Had A Heart" by Fever Ray! At least four anime series were used in this AMV.

Congratulations to all of our winners! We'll be posting links to the actual videos online once they are available.

Andrew Cardinal
Assistant Department Head, Video Programming
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Anime Central 2015 AMV Contest Winners

Post by seasons » Sat May 30, 2015 5:44 pm

I meant that I wished that someone would've started a thread about this in the months before it happened. Obviously, I should've taken that upon myself, maybe next year.

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Re: Anime Central 2015 AMV Contest Winners

Post by AngelDragoon » Sat May 30, 2015 9:45 pm

I'm glad I entered, but yeah, I didn't know about this until 2-3 days before the deadline from just randomly checking their site. Otherwise I would have posted something. D:

Return to “AMV Contests”