Tekko 2015 AMV Contest - FINALISTS & WINNERS

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Re: Tekko 2015 AMV Contest - ONLY ONE WEEK LEFT!

Post by GloryQuestor » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:50 pm

There is only ONE WEEK left until the end of video entry applications for the Tekko 2015 AMV Contest!

Entry applications are due on March 5th, so if you have a video you would like to submit, get your entry applications in now! As long as you have an entry in the system, you will have until 11:59pm on Sunday March 8th to upload the video to our service or for us to receive your mail-in entry. Still, the sooner you send in your video, the sooner we can get you a confirmation of entry!

Looking over the videos we have in-hand, we are really close to our goal of having the Theme category this year! We just need a couple more videos to make it a competition this year, so if you have a video that could fit the Angels & Demons theme category, please send it in!

We're in the home stretch, so let's get those videos in that can make this a great competition for this year! :)
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

BecauseImBored1
Org Profile

Post by BecauseImBored1 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:37 pm

Sooooo I have an amv for Classic but just want to check, If you don't get enough strong vids for that category it just won't exist? So like am I better off just sending it to action?

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Post by AngelDragoon » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:19 pm

So I sent one in for the Theme category either yesterday or the day before and I really hope you guys received it/passes non-extreme rules. XD; Angels & Demons is probably one of the only categories it actually fits into perfectly and I'm kind of excited for that, lol.

BecauseImBored1
Org Profile

Post by BecauseImBored1 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:18 am

Darn was super excited when I saw 51% anime that I submitted a vid that doesn't qualify it has 5 awards.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:33 am

BecauseImBored1 wrote:Sooooo I have an amv for Classic but just want to check, If you don't get enough strong vids for that category it just won't exist? So like am I better off just sending it to action?
Well, we're still reviewing category make-up. If you tag it as both Classic and Action, it will fall into one or the other. As to if it goes into Classic Anime category will depend on if we get enough that qualify in that category. We would certainly inform you and others by e-mail correspondence if we decide to use the Classic Anime category (or any other non-standard category) this year.
AngelDragoon wrote:So I sent one in for the Theme category either yesterday or the day before and I really hope you guys received it/passes non-extreme rules. XD; Angels & Demons is probably one of the only categories it actually fits into perfectly and I'm kind of excited for that, lol.
We did receive the video, but I haven't yet had the opportunity to review it -- been quite a busy week for me. I still hope to get a whole new batch of contest confirmations out this weekend to everyone I have new files for, Monday at the latest if possible.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Re: Tekko 2015 AMV Contest - 4 Days Left!

Post by GloryQuestor » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:26 pm

There's not much time left -- just over 4 days to go! We need your submission information by 11:59pm March 5th!

Don't forget that we also run an Extreme Contest, which is for videos that are too hot for the Main Contest. So, if you have that sexy or overly violent video that no other convention wants to touch, send it our way and you might just win an AMV Extreme Contest medallion!

We also still want any and all Theme entries!

Drabaz
Org Profile

Post by Drabaz » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:48 am

The FTP login info didn't work for any of the videos I submitted, including the MTAC entries. So I just submitted a mediafire link in the Alter Entry Form for each video as recommended in the FTP email. Then I closed the FTP request for each. I just wanted to make sure that was 100% okay and if I was supposed to Close the FTP Request.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:55 am

If you are having issues with FTP please reach out to me first. We can resolve issues. If passwords are not working then that is EASY to fix. I have seen no contact related to this issue.
ImageImageImageImage

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:23 pm

waiting for ftp confirmation.

Camichan19
Org Profile

Post by Camichan19 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:29 pm

I received an e-mail confirmation for one of my entries as previewed and approved for screening, though on ngsilver's archive it still shows up as "entry form received".
Should I just trust the e-mail over the site?

Return to “AMV Contests”