Anime Expo 2015 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
neko kitkat
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2015 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!

Post by neko kitkat » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:38 pm

Congrats to all the winners! It was fun seeing my amv along with others during the preshow and contest. It was a great contest.

Tigrin
Org Profile

Post by Tigrin » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:59 pm

XStylus wrote:
Pic4 wrote:Congrats! Are there any pictures of this 3000 people? Would be an amazing experience to be there for sure! :)
I've got images of the auditorium before we started seating people.
Those are great photos! Now that I'm finally awake, here's a few photos I took. Sorry they're horrible, I was trying to be as unobtrusive as I could while taking photos. .__.;

Tickets and ballot for AMV show

Photo of the crowd from the front row

Another photo of the AMV crowd and the creators behind me, sorry for the candid photo!!

Title card for the panel "All the Feels" that my Big Hero 6 video played in

Kinda blurry photo of half of the crowd in the AMV room for the "All the Feels" panel

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:06 pm

Glad to see you guys got a bigger room after last year. I was thinking about coming out this year before work screwed me over on vacation... again...
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:55 pm

MaboroshiStudio wrote:
XStylus wrote:

BONUS CATEGORY WINNERS:

Trailer Parody Winner:
X3 - The Little Prince Returns - By hamstar138

Commercials/Intros Winner:
X11 - Waifu Insurance - By BakaOppai

The Little Prince Returns... if my Swear Jar commercial had to say something to Hamstar about this trailer...

You make me proud you c%$& $%#king b^%$# that trailer is the f*&^ing s&^%!

Way to go Hamstar! Well deserved...
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://media.giphy.com/media/3BlN2bxcw0l5S/giphy.gif

Thank you very much! I think the Swear Jar commerical is f*&^ing awesome you b@$%#*^&.

XStylus wrote:And so now comes the fun of shipping furniture to the various winners.

Let's see... let me check the locale of the winners here...

Two to the east coast? Three to Canada? One to England?? One to AUSTRALIA?!!!

Oh wow. I'm sorry XStylus. Please don't kill us cheapskates.

ImageImage
ImageImage

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:59 pm

hamstar138 wrote:Oh wow. I'm sorry XStylus. Please don't kill us cheapskates.
I just never expected so many winners to be from out of the country. That's okay though. There's plans for just this kind of circumstance.

"Planning? We've heard of it."
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:04 am

So why are there so many rules on no cameras? I noticed the past few years you can't even look at the time without someone bitting your head off.

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:16 am

sportsgirl1391 wrote:So why are there so many rules on no cameras? I noticed the past few years you can't even look at the time without someone bitting your head off.
For the same reason why you can't have a camera at a movie theater.

That auditorium is also used for concerts, for which cameras are VERY verbotten. The staff who run that room are thus attuned to being rather paranoid about cameras in general.

I know it seems silly to ban cameras during an AMV event as well since most can be obtained online, but on that same note why would you want to have a cam recording of an AMV anyway?
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:22 am

XStylus wrote:
sportsgirl1391 wrote:So why are there so many rules on no cameras? I noticed the past few years you can't even look at the time without someone bitting your head off.
For the same reason why you can't have a camera at a movie theater.

I know it seems silly since most AMVs can be obtained online, but on that note why would you want to have a cam recording of an AMV anyway?
No, it’s NOT like a movie theatre. These are showcasing AMV’s; Unlicensable, derivative works that are not limited in their showing to only Anime Expo (i.e.: there is no policy that prevents them from being posted to Youtube prior to screening). Movies at a theatre have strict deals in place with the owners of the licensing of the media. For example, they cannot be shown outside the theatre due to contract agreements with Universal studios. You have no such contract agreements with AMV’s, nor stated in the rules.

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:31 am

sportsgirl1391 wrote:No, it’s NOT like a movie theatre. These are showcasing AMV’s; Unlicensable, derivative works that are not limited in their showing to only Anime Expo (i.e.: there is no policy that prevents them from being posted to Youtube prior to screening).
Wow. You sound rather heated about this.

AMVs exist in a bit of a legal gray zone. We pay license fees to be as legally safe as possible for our specific exhibition, but because of that grayness and for our own peace of mind we do not wish to be your source. I don't see why this should be a difficult issue since you can obtain nearly all of them and many other AMVs online in way better quality than you'll ever get from a camera, but those have nothing to do with us.

In any case, it's not up for debate. Cameras are not permitted in the Main Events hall. Period. End of argument.

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:45 am

XStylus wrote:
sportsgirl1391 wrote:No, it’s NOT like a movie theatre. These are showcasing AMV’s; Unlicensable, derivative works that are not limited in their showing to only Anime Expo (i.e.: there is no policy that prevents them from being posted to Youtube prior to screening).
Cameras are not permitted in the Main Events hall. Period. End of argument.
Next time, you should probably start the argument with that. Instead of comparing it to a movie theater. But as you said, end of this argument.

Return to “AMV Contests”