GSP - AMV promotion contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
globalsoundpromotion
Org Profile

GSP - AMV promotion contest

Post by globalsoundpromotion » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi there AMV creators. My name is Elliott I own a youtube channel called Global Sound Promotion. What we do is upload new music that is licensed under a creative commons licens. When music is licensed under a creative commons license it means you can use the music for what ever you want. Even if it is for commercial use. The only condition is that you give credit to the artist that made the song in your video by putting his name in the credits. What I have found out is that alot of AMV creators like my channel on youtube because the music is perfect for some nice AMV's and they can use it without having issues with coppyright. Even when they make money on youtube with it (monotizing). The idea is to create a new playlist on my page where AMV's made with music from my channel are highlighted. Giving more views for their videos and creating a bigger audience for them.

GSP Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtMIaF ... mlL9wiKlHA <-- pick any music from here!

Prize:

1st place

Channel reccomendation on our Youtube channel page. Also your AMV will be highlighted in our new playlist.

places 2 - 5

Your AMV will be highlighted in our new playlist. Creating a bigger audience for your AMV.

Final submition date:

Final submitions will be accepted on 30th ofJanuary.

Contest resuts:

All winning AMV's will be shown starting the 3rd of Febuary.

People entering contest:

BladEra123
Sephirothskr
pan_dbgt01
AMV Strat

I love anime and am really excited to see what you can make. If this contest is a succes in the future we can give away 'bigger' prizes to reward all the hard work put into creating those AMV's.
Last edited by globalsoundpromotion on Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:07 am, edited 9 times in total.

BladEra123
Org Profile

Re: GSP - AMV promotion contest

Post by BladEra123 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:41 pm

Sounds fun! Gonna submit :)
Legend Dies, but Legacy Never Ends~
YouTube Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/bladera123
MyAnimeList: http://myanimelist.net/profile/BladEra123

globalsoundpromotion
Org Profile

Post by globalsoundpromotion » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:30 am

Do you guys think yhou will have enough time? Maybe we can extend the duration of the contest for another month.

globalsoundpromotion
Org Profile

Post by globalsoundpromotion » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:30 am

-msg deleted- something went wrong!

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:04 am

globalsoundpromotion wrote: Prize:

1st place

Channel reccomendation on our Youtube channel page. Also your AMV will be highlighted in our new playlist.
:rofl: what kinda price is that?

Also creative commons doesn't mean that it's automatically free for commercial purposes. In fact most of them use the model that it's free as long as you don't make any money of it.
I wouldn't monetize amvs because even if the music permits it - there's no way the anime license holder permits it.

Anyways, good luck.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

globalsoundpromotion
Org Profile

Post by globalsoundpromotion » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:58 am

Shui wrote:
globalsoundpromotion wrote: Prize:

1st place

:rofl: what kinda price is that?

Also creative commons doesn't mean that it's automatically free for commercial purposes. In fact most of them use the model that it's free as long as you don't make any money of it.
I wouldn't monetize amvs because even if the music permits it - there's no way the anime license holder permits it.

Anyways, good luck.
I'm sorry if the prize isn't to you likings. The channel is only a month old and growing fast. For small AMV channels this is always a nice thing to have, as our subscribers also consist of AMV makers and will be interested in watching the video's.

There are alot of differnt types of creatve commons licenses. Please see: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/?lang=eng. The music we upload is all licensed CC by attribution. All free to use, do whatever you like, even commercially. Ofcourse the license for the anime is a completely different story. In some cases it's hard to use popular music for your AMV's since - even when not monotizing - Youtube won't allow it. It also depends on what country you are viewing or uploading the video from. Mostly gamers profit from the actual CC license, also a big part of our audience/subscribers.

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Post by Sephirothskr » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:12 pm

I guess I'll try to

globalsoundpromotion
Org Profile

Post by globalsoundpromotion » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:16 pm

Sephirothskr wrote:I guess I'll try to
Great :D