AMV League - Season 3 Nationals Results! And the Best AMV of the Year is...

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Re: AMV League - SEASON 3 BEGIN! New events, new rules

Post by Pathos Prime » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:41 pm

In other news, we've got our site updated with Anime Blues' results! Even the ones shorisquared couldn't find. :3

(No, in all seriousness, a big shout out to Shori for making this part of our job a ton easier. :D Besides, we had to go outside YouTube for a lot of these...)

(And like Kidd said, we are in serious need of more General and Drama for Anime Austin! So get submittin'! :3 )

Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Post by Pathos Prime » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:59 am

Hm. This is gonna be the first AMV League event where Comedy AND Drama get rolled into General. Let's see how this works out with one Best Action and one Best General. :)

KiddTheManiac
Org Profile

Post by KiddTheManiac » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:00 pm

Alright, guys! Here's the "Opening Credits AMV" for Anime Austin's qualifier. You'll have to wait until this weekend to find out just whose videos'll be getting entered into the Nationals.

Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Post by Pathos Prime » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:20 pm

Anime Austin is in the bag! In a rare turn of events, we didn't get the required minimum 4 Drama entries, so we wound up with two winners. AntaresHeart07 claims her second AMV League win and Xophilarus proves how good she is at both giving people boners AND making them sob endless buckets. Take that as you will.

Watch 'em all on amvleague.com! (What's that? Pathos was motivated for a change and got the site updated already? Oh yeah! Go me.)

BEST ACTION - "Catch Fire, Natsu!" by AntaresHeart07

BEST GENERAL - "Swivel" by Xophilarus (Note: We screened the censored version of this at the con, but judged the uncensored version, which we've linked from our site)

HONORABLE MENTION
"Scott Sterling MVF (Most Valuable Face)" by Maboroshi Studio
"Mounting Dread" by Xophilarus

"Daily Life With Animals" by TritioAFB
"The Will of Shinobi" by Hikan
"Ghouls Take Control" by Kingrider Mahir
"Tearing Smile" by Magicflier
"On the Side of Me" by AngelMayVictory
"Fight the Feelin" by Celldweller1982
"La Bastille" by Ava Tucker
"Back to Earth" by Kawaiisnaps

AntaresHeart07
Org Profile

Post by AntaresHeart07 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:05 pm

Wooh thanks a lot!! <3 Congrats also to Xophilarus! :mrgreen:

Xophilarus
Org Profile

Post by Xophilarus » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:25 pm

Pathos Prime wrote: Xophilarus proves how good she is at both giving people boners AND making them sob endless buckets. Take that as you will.
If anyone asks me what my editing style is, I can just copy paste this now LMAO. I'm glad you guys enjoyed Swivel xP Sadly I wont be able to physically attend San Japan this year, but I will make sure to send you guys a couple things for it!

Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Post by Pathos Prime » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:30 am

10 days left to submit your videos to San Japan! We've already gotten some fantastic videos, and we'd love to see some more!

KiddTheManiac
Org Profile

Post by KiddTheManiac » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:08 pm

Tomorrow night at 11:59 is the deadline for San Japan's qualifier! This is the last qualifier of Season 2, and the Winners of this contest'll be the newest Finalists to be entered into the Nationals.

If you've got something that you'd like to submit, then please do. We've already got a fantastic lineup of jawdroppingly awesome AMVs, and we wanna see even more!

Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Post by Pathos Prime » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:20 am

KiddTheManiac wrote:We've already got a fantastic lineup of jawdroppingly awesome AMVs, and we wanna see even more!
Kidd wasn't kidding. Y'all really pulled out all the stops for San Japan. We've already got, like, five videos that DIDN'T win that we're like, "Wow, this would have won any other AMV League event." XD And we haven't even finished judging General yet... :3

Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Post by Pathos Prime » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:16 pm

And now for the bad news - We had to cut nearly half of San Japan's submissions to fit the 1.5 hour showing time. A lot of these were pretty good videos overall, so if your submission DOESN'T make it in, rest assured, we don't hate you. I'd highly recommend that you get your scores from us, polish your video up, and resubmit it to Season 3. ;)

Return to “AMV Contests”