Nan Desu Kan 2014 Iron Chef

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Nan Desu Kan 2014 Iron Chef

Post by Radical_Yue » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:53 pm

Time/Date: Currently Unavailable

Once more, Nan Desu Kan will play host to one of the most well known AMV events around! This year the Amazing Aerialesque will face off against the Marvelous Mamo!

Theme: Do You Believe In Magic?

Sources:
The Familiar of Zero Ep. 1 - 5
Mawaru Penguindrum Ep. 1 - 5
Little Witch Academia
Sailor Moon Crystal Ep. 1 - 5
Howl's Moving Castle

Rules: Following the standard rules, at least three of these sources must be used. Each contestant is allowed to cut their audio ahead of time and bring it with them to the event. They may bring multiple tracks if they so desire, as no audio will be provided during the event. In addition, each editor must use at least 1 second of the mandatory secret ingredient. Not only will the secret ingredient NOT be revealed until the convention, but it will be chosen from a pool of multiple secret sources by the audience itself just seconds before the competition commences! So get your guessing hats on and accommodate for the many sources that may be chosen as the ONE & TRUE secret source!

Both editors will have exactly 2 hours to edit before their work is rendered out and presented before our panel of judges. Both editors will be able to select their editing program of choice to use during the Iron Chef.

The videos will be judged on overall presentation, use of theme, and the use of the secret ingredient.

When selecting their audio, the contestants are not allowed to use/incorporate any version of "Do You Believe In Magic" by The Lovin' Spoonful (including remixes and covers :P). Any other song is fair game.

So show up and watch the spectacle as these competitors edit their pants off, and we'll have plenty of AMVs to watch, audience participation, games, Q&A, and prizes to win!

So come join us once more for this fantastic event at Nan Desu Kan! :D

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2014 Iron Chef

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Very noice~

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:49 am

Apparently I'm a judge in this and Josh wins.

Sorry Danielle, you tried :(

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:22 am

CrackTheSky wrote:Apparently I'm a judge in this and Josh wins.

Sorry Danielle, you tried :(
I am ALSO a judge in this and I say that it's not over yet. Josh is adorable but Busty D got dem titties.

Kiet, what say you?

Phlashbak
is a failure
Org Profile

Post by Phlashbak » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:42 am

Whoever wins in rock paper scissors gets my vote

Return to “AMV Contests”