Nekocon MAIN AMV Contest WINNERS

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Nekocon MAIN AMV Contest WINNERS

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:39 pm

RESULTS of the Contest

MAIN AMV CONTEST RESULTS

ACTION (321 votes casted)

Winner - 1)Super Fighting Bros by irriadin & Daramue – Song/Artist No Scared by One Ok Rock – Anime: Various 45.2% of the votes.

Runner up -4) Crossed Hearts by Emma Browning –Song/Artist -"The Phoenix" by Fall Out Boy -Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood 28% of the votes

2) Animesmerize Me With Sandwich Spread! By MoonieAMV – Song/Artist –Kimosabe by BT –Anime: Various

3) I Am My Own Master Now! By Ryuu-Dono –Song/Artist -It Has To Be This Way by Jamie Christopherson Anime: Sengoku Basara

5)Apollo 11 by Kireblue –SongTinica Nichole Carlislet -"Levitate" by Hadouken! –Anime: Various

6) Wake up by xDieguitoAMV –Song/Artist -Wake up - Story of the year –Anime: Fairy Tail

Drama (340 votes casted) We had a tie for first and had to do a tiebreaker at the award show. Based on the audience cheering the AMV Staff and I listen to the crowds reaction and discussed which video won based on the cheers it received. We asked the audience after both videos played which one they liked better and this is the result.

WINNER - 8) Burn by Knage – Song/Artist - Burn by Ellie Goulding(Codeko Remix) –Anime: Various 26.7% of the votes.

Runner Up- 12) Change Your Mind by PilkiePai –Song/Artist -(One of Those) Crazy Girls by Paramore –Anime: Future Diary 26.7% of the votes

7) Death Silence by TritioAFB –SongSteve LaFavet -Dead Silence OST by Charlie Clouser –Anime: Various

8) Burn by Knage – Song/Artist - Burn by Ellie Goulding(Codeko Remix) –Anime: Various

9) Pawns by animefreak7 –Song/Artist-Chalk Outline by Three Days Grace -Anime: Durarara!!

10)Stop Redo by Emma Browning – Song/Artist -4 AM Forever by LostProphets -Anime: Steins Gate

11) Folklore by PBE (ProjectBarcodeError) –Song/Artist - Beautiful Days by Venus –Anime: Various

Romance (324 votes casted) This category was really close the difference from third to first place was only three votes.

Winner - 13) Goodbye My Lover by Ookami – Song/Artist -Goodbye My Lover by James Blunt – Anime: Clannad, Clannad After story 24.4% of the votes.

Runner Up- 14) Story of Our Lives by Sprinkle Sprankles – Song/Artist -Story of My Life by One Direction – Anime: Wolf Children 23.8% of the votes

15) Almost Love by Phlashbak –Song/Artist -Feel Again - One Republic –Anime: Spice and Wolf

16) When Your Heart Stop Beating by Knage –Song/Artist -When Your Heart Stops Beatin by +44 –Anime: Various

17) Rhythm&Melody by PieandBeer –Song/Artist -Way Back When by Grizfolk –Anime: Sakamichi no Apollon

18) Lover's Melody by MoonieAMV –Song/Artist -Burning Up For You by Sara –Anime: Various

UPBEAT (304 votes casted)

Winner - 20) Squiddy Squidstep Polka ~ Drop the Shrimp! By MoonieAMV –Song/Artist -Ievan Polkka (SHO! Dubstep Remix) by Hatsune Miku –Anime: Squid Girl 28.9% of the votes

Runner Up- 19) Young Forever by Phlashbak –Song/Artist -Alone Together (Krewella Remix) by Fall Out Boy –Anime: Pokémon 22.4% of the votes

21) Phenomenon (Open Your Moe) by slimed –SongKona Zumit -Phenomenon by Thousand Foot Krutch -Anime: Various

22) Throwback by drewaconclusion –Song/Artist – Tsunami by Fiend Without A Face –Anime: Various

23) Eighties! By Unlucky Artist –Song/Artist - Eighties by Killing Joke -Anime: Various

24) Fierce by BecauseImBored1 –Song/Artist - Fashion! by Lady Gaga –Anime: Kill la Kill

Comedy (310 votes casted)

Winner -30) My Nipples Can Pierce The Heavens by drewaconclusion –Song/Artist -I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred –Anime: Kill La Kill 48.1% of the votes

Runner Up- 28) Immortal Chimera by l33tmeatwad –Song/Artist -Immortal Dog by the Midnight Show –Anime: Various 21.9% of the votes

25) Attack on Badassdom by Maboroshi Studio –Song/Artist -Knights of Badassdom Trailer –Anime: Attack on Titan

26) Princesses' Lament by [Under the Box] Krigen –Song/Artist - Stepsister's by Rodgers and Hammerstein' Disney Studios –Anime: Princess Kenzie Tutu

27) The Titan Games by Sephirothskr –Song/Artist – Hunger Games by James Newton Howard –Anime: Attack on Titan

29) Youssef Tobah by Pikapwn –Song/Artist - Mind Heist by Zack Hemsey –Anime: Attack on Titan, Naruto, Naruto Shippuden

Sing-A-Long (224 votes casted)

Winner -34) Zero to Hero by AngelDragoon -Song/Artist - Zero to Hero by Lillias White, LaChanze, Roz Ryan, Cheryl Freeman, and Vanéese Y. Thomas –Anime: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 56.7%

Runner Up- 31) I choose Hippopotas by Kireblue –Song/Artist - "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas" by Gretchen Wilson –Anime: Pokémon 22.8% of the votes

32) Creep by ShodanKid –Song/Artist –Creep by Daniela Andrade –Anime: The Future Diary

33) Redline Go Go Go! By [Under The Box Productions] Krigen –Song/
Artist –Go Speed Race Go by Danny Davis & The Nashville Brass – Anime: The Redline

JUDGE'S CHOICE - 24) Fierce by BecauseImBored1 –Song/Artist - Fashion! by Lady Gaga –Anime: Kill la Kill

COORDINATOR'S CHOICE - (This was not easy for me to decide. I was torn between almost half the AMV's in the contest and was still deciding Sunday Morning.)

My Award goes to - 6) Wake up by xDieguitoAMV –Song/Artist -Wake up - Story of the year –Anime: Fairy Tail

BEST IN SHOW (278 votes casted) - Was decided by one vote. This was an extremely close contest.

WINNER - 1)Super Fighting Bros by irriadin & Daramue – Song/Artist No Scared by One Ok Rock – Anime: Various 22.3% of the votes.

Runner Up - 30) My Nipples Can Pierce The Heavens by drewaconclusion –Song/Artist -I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred –Anime: Kill La Kill 21.9% of the votes

The Con-Chair Award will be decided over the next month or so. It was an extremely busy weekend and I'll be giving her the videos to review.

Once again I want to thank everybody for there entries. I have a long work schedule this week. So I'll be shipping out the certificates and Gift Cards to the winners this coming weekend.

Thank you once again for all your submissions. We are looking forward to next years contest and putting on another great show for the editors and all the attendees.

I have more future plans I would like to discuss about AMV Programing with Nekocon. If you have any suggestions you can email me at genestarwind21122@outlook.com

UPDATE HERE ARE YOUR FINALIST!!!!! In no particular order:

ACTION
Kireblue
MoonieAMV
irriadin & Daramue
Ryuu-Dono
xDieguitoAMV
Emma Browning

DRAMA
TritioAFB
animefreak7
Knage
PilkiePai
PBE (ProjectBarcodeError)
Emma Browning

ROMANCE
Phlashbak
Knage
Sprinkle Sprankles
MoonieAMV
Ookami
PieandBeer

SING-A-LONG
AngelDragoon
ShodanKid
Under the Box Productions - Davis51
Kireblue

Upbeat
MoonieAMV
slimed
Unlucky Artist
Phlashbak
BecauseImBored1
drewaconclusion

COMEDY
Sephirothskr
Maboroshi Studio
l33tmeatwad
Pikapwn
Under the Box Productions - Krigen
drewaconclusion

Okay those are your finalist the approx. run time of the contest is 1 hour and 47 minutes.

Good luck to everyone that made the finals and if you are attending the con finalist or not please let me know via email or pm here on the org.

Thanks

Gene

AMV Contest Rules

NEKOCON AMV CONTEST RULES!!!!

DEADLINE FOR THE CONTEST IS OCTOBER 20, 2014 11:59pm EST

Submission Form

You must include a separate form for each AMV that you submit.
The form should be nothing more then a normal .txt file that contains the following information:

- Title of AMV
- Full legal name
- Nickname, if applicable
- Mailing address
- Telephone number (including area code) - It is not necessary however if we need to get a hold of you immediately about your video this could be the quickest way of getting an issue resolved.
- Email address
- Song title(s), artist(s), and recording label(s)
- Name of source video footage
- Name of category you are submitting to

You must include ALL of that information before your video will be considered for the contest. If you are unsure about any of the information please look it up, as it is all crucial information.

To make things easier, we would prefer that you use the naming convention of “Editor’s name – AMV title” to name both your AMV and submission form so that we can make sure to keep them together.
(i.e. “John Smith – My AMV.avi” and “John Smith – My AMV.txt”).

Categories

Romance / Sentimental

Dramatic / Serious

Action

Upbeat

Comedy

Sing-A-Long Category – This category is our random category. I’m not going to call it a mystery. There will be a new category every year. So for this one the goal is to make an AMV for everyone in the audience to sing-a-long. You can use whatever techniques you want subtitles, bouncy balls, whatever it takes to get the audience to sing-a-long with your video. Have fun with this one we really want to see what you guys can come up with.

If you are not sure what category your video falls under select the one you think fits it best. We will contact you if we think that your video may be better suited for another one. You do have the choice of saying no I want to compete in this category as you are the editor. We will not make any changes without your permission.

Submission Format

All submissions must meet the following standards:

- 720x480 resolution minimum
- 29.97 frames per second
- Non-Interlaced video (Progressive)
-Please have high quality audio. If it doesn’t sound like it came from a CD or high quality from itunes then we are not going to accept it. Remember these videos will be played louder than what you would normally play them at home.

SUBMITTING ENTRIES ONLINE ONLY!!!!

Upload entries online via file share site. We will have an FTP up soon for entries as well. Or use dropbox as well.

Any of the following encoding formats may be used, provided that they meet the above standards:

Video:
- MPEG 1 or 2
- HuffYUV avi
- Uncompressed avi
- Divx avi
- Xvid avi

-If you don’t have one of these formats I can probably convert it. Just make sure it is high quality as these videos are going to be displayed on an extremely large screen

Audio:
- Uncompressed wav (PCM)
- MPEG audio (mp3, mp2, etc.)

Rules

1) All entries *MUST* conform to the formats listed above.

2) A maximum of three submissions per person, one per category is allowed.

3) Entries must not exceed 5:30 minutes running time in length.

3a) Entries must be at least 75% anime, japanese game footage, or live action from an anime. (Since people have been asking, and did not realize this was not in the rules.)

4) Submission should be recent work. Submission can not have won more than three major awards. Meaning if your entry has won 2 awards and you submit it before it wins its third. The video will still be eligible for our contest. We want to have amazing videos in the contest, but we don’t want to see you ”trollin’ ”.

5) The following excessive materials are not allowed: nudity, violence, racial or verbal obscenities.

6) Dubbed sound from licensed commercial translation is NOT allowed. Please keep audio from the original animation to a minimum, remember this is a music video contest.

7) Subtitles will only be allowed if you put them in there yourself. If we think that the subtitles are from a fansub we will disqualify your video.

8) All entries must be accompanied by a completely filled out submission form. (see above)

9) Mailed submissions must have your name, phone number, address, and submission information clearly written on the jewel case and the media itself.

10) Mailed submission materials become the property of Nekocon, and are non-returnable.

11) Only the best quality submissions will be eligible to compete. Submissions with significant audio or visual degradation will not be accepted.

12) Prizes will be presented at some point during the convention. If the contestant is not attending the convention, he/she is responsible for arranging for receipt of their prize at their own expense however, plaques and certificates will be mailed out after the convention courtesy of Nekocon. All prizes not claimed by December 7th,2014 will become property of the convention.

13) Copies of the contest will not be available due to legal concerns.

14) Nekocon is not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, or damaged entries, prizes, etc.

15) We reserve the right to reject any video for any reason at any time. Although unlikely, rules are subject to change. If any major changes are necessary to your video, we will attempt to contact you.

16) This is a given anybody on the AMV Staff can not submit to this contest but still can have their videos shown as non-competing entries. Other staffers will be permitted to enter the contest as the judging for these videos will be done blindly. Nobody watching the videos will have any knowledge of who made them. (That is unless the video is already online and they happened to see it before the screening.) :)

Any questions you can email me at genestarwind21122@yahoo.com for more details.

Good luck everybody and hope to see some great videos for this year’s contest.

Gene Starwind 21122 (2014 AMV Coordinator)
Last edited by Gene Starwind 21122 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 17 times in total.
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: Nekocon AMV Contest RULES DEADLINE OCTOBER 11th...

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:10 pm

Gene Starwind 21122 wrote: - 1020 x 780 resolution minimum
That's an... odd requirement.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:30 pm

Got my numbers mixed up. Fixed. 720p as a minimum.

Obsidian Zero
Org Profile

Post by Obsidian Zero » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:50 pm

I am so ready this year! |:> Activate editing skills!
Editing by ansible

Tsu!
Org Profile

Post by Tsu! » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:27 am

No cat/con theme category/award this year? Has sing a long taken its place?
Fanime 2014-2015, 2018-2019 AMV Contest - Department Head
Fanime 2016-2017 AMV Contest - Lurking Department Second

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:39 am

Each year there will be a new mystery category like I was doing at AMA. So it will make the contest a little more interesting.

Gene

knage
Org Profile

Post by knage » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:21 am

Sent 3 in.
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmARoS ... GP_b7rHM7g

I edit with a passion. Remember my name.

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:15 pm

Okay I got your entries Knage and I also received another editors entries.

Stay tune for a special NekoCon AMV Contest as well. Rules will be posted shortly.

Obsidian Zero
Org Profile

Post by Obsidian Zero » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:34 pm

Special contest? My interest is peaked. 0_o
Editing by ansible

Tsu!
Org Profile

Re: Nekocon MAIN AMV Contest RULES DEADLINE OCTOBER 11th...

Post by Tsu! » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:16 am

[quote="Gene Starwind 21122"]Each year there will be a new mystery category like I was doing at AMA. So it will make the contest a little more interesting./quote]

Aww. Well, there goes that idea.
Fanime 2014-2015, 2018-2019 AMV Contest - Department Head
Fanime 2016-2017 AMV Contest - Lurking Department Second

Return to “AMV Contests”