Anime California AMV Finals + Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Cali_Ninja
Org Profile

Re: Anime California AMV Final List

Post by Cali_Ninja » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:45 am

yes some were.
As i mentioned earlier anyone who used the f bomb managed to find their AMV in adult...... we have a PG 13 show. Which means we have to draw a line.

A lot of your stuff got moved. Sadly. The kill la Kill piece got moved into adult...and to avoid having three Madoka Magika pieces in Drama we moved Nebula into Horror. I apologize if you feel this hurts your odds at winning.

UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

Post by UnluckyArtist » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:47 am

I'm okay with it, id rather not be in a huge ball pit of same animus.

Obsidian Zero
Org Profile

Post by Obsidian Zero » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:01 am

UnluckyArtist wrote:Were some of them switched to different categories? I really don't remember submitting a horror video, lol
They have such a huge action block this year, so they needed to have a new category to help balance things out. My Soul Eater action AMV got moved to Horror as well. I was surprised, but I'm interested to see how it all plays out.
Editing by ansible

Cali_Ninja
Org Profile

Post by Cali_Ninja » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Seriously if you saw the AMV pool we got you would assume Soul Eater and Madoka Magicka were the most popular anime ever.

Obsidian Zero
Org Profile

Post by Obsidian Zero » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:31 pm

Wow. That's surprising, since Soul Eater is a few years old now. How did I make it if there were so many entries? O_o Dang...well, I suppose my AMV is good for horror.

You can't forget SnK, either. I'm assuming you got an overwhelming amount of those.
Editing by ansible

Cali_Ninja
Org Profile

Post by Cali_Ninja » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:40 pm

surprisingly we got more soul eater and madoka.......
and a good 45% of the soul eater stuff was awful and just programmable....

Obsidian Zero
Org Profile

Post by Obsidian Zero » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:54 pm

Wow, Soul Eater beat out Titan? That's surprising. I expected Madoka to be popular, though. Sorry about that! >_< I hope my Soul Eater AMV is different enough from the others to keep the audience entertained. Honestly, when I made this I was thinking that it would be a rarity, and that I had missed the whole popularity boat. But I wasnt the only one thinking that, apparently. XD

Also, I asked a question earlier that might've gotten lost in other responses. You mentioned prize sponsors earlier: what will the prizes be for the regular contest? Are you awarding a Judge's or Audience's Choice along with the "Best of?" And if I win anything, can I pay for you to send a poster with the title images of the AMVs? I was intrigued by this, because I've never heard of a con doing something like it. I'd really like to have one to keep in my room.
Editing by ansible

Cali_Ninja
Org Profile

Post by Cali_Ninja » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:28 pm

Yeah that was the idea to try some new things. However due to me losing staff and some other unexpected issues the posters will be on delay. I apologize for this.

The Known Prizes as it stands of this very moment and hopefully we will be adding to this and not losing stuff.

Judged by 33% Initial Review, 33% Staff Peer Review, 33% Audience.
Best of Show
Best in Category.

100% Audience
Audience Choice

100% Initial Review
Moderators Choice

50% Initial Review, 50% Peer Review
Mastery Award
Journeyman Award
Novice Award

Obsidian Zero
Org Profile

Post by Obsidian Zero » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:47 pm

Sounds awesome! I would love to be there. @_@ I really like how you guys are doing things, and I'd like to see what the posters look like, if you don't mind.

Also, was I put into Novice or Journeyman? And how are those categories judged?
Editing by ansible

Cali_Ninja
Org Profile

Post by Cali_Ninja » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:47 am

It's a very complex calculation where we factor range of artist, technical skill, creative skill, concept and thematic mastery.
It's very fun.

Return to “AMV Contests”