AWA 2014 Rules The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: AWA 2014 Rules The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atla

Post by Ileia » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:24 pm

There's plenty of time to make another video, you guys. :p
MOAR VIDEOS. MOOAAAAAR.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:09 pm

Ileia wrote:There's plenty of time to make another video, you guys. :p
MOAR VIDEOS. MOOAAAAAR.
I'm going to make two videos anyway, I just wanted to submit both to both cons :P

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Why?
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:13 pm

You can always put your NDK videos in the Expo. ;-)

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:21 pm

jingoro wrote:You can always put your NDK videos in the Expo. ;-)
yeah that is what I am going to do...
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:42 pm

Ileia wrote:Why?
I suppose it'd be more accurate to say I'll want to enter both videos into NDK's contest, since that's the one I'm going to. Can't do that if I want to enter Pro...eh, we'll see how things pan out.

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:19 pm

Announcement:

I have had many inquiries about how the Professional Awards distribution last year had arranged videos into categories based loosely on the American system of motion picture ratings. This was intended as a helpful guide, however it lead to some people avoiding some videos based only on the folder I'd placed each video into. This was never the intent, and I offer my sincere apologies to everyone over the matter.

That said, this year's Professional Awards distribution will have two folders. One, marked "Adult" will contain anything that the crew of The Video Art Track and Anime Weekend Atlanta feel we will need to card attendees in order to screen. You can rest assured this will include anything with overtly sexual or exceedingly violent content. Since our screenings are held in America you can expect us to be more gun shy about the sex than the violence. The other folder will be "Everything Else".

If your video is deemed worthy of the "Adult" folder, you will be notified in advance. While I hate artistic censorship, if you so choose you will have the opportunity to replace your video with a revised entry. I, personally, suggest you stay true to your vision, but the decision should be yours. If you choose to replace your video, only the replacement will be provided for judging purposes and only the replacement will be screened during the awards and/or general sessions at Anime Weekend Atlanta. The original will be retained in our archive and may be screened during "carded" events.

Thank you for your support.

Daric "Jingoro" Jackson
Director, The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta

P.S. I'm often asked for an example of where that line is. This is difficult as it very much depends on the specific video in question, the amount and type of content, the mood, tone and humor of the video and such. While I shy away from adding this out of fear of influencing artistic decisions (or even the decision to make a video or not, something I never want to discourage), I will say that Aerialesque's entry, Fortunate Rape done to Maroon 5's Lucky Strike and set to B Gata H Kei (a.k.a. Yamada's First Time) was debated back and forth for some time before being given the "green light" a few hours before the awards ceremony. The video is chock full of adult situations, but the sense of humor is light hearted. I consider it a good example as to where we might draw that line.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:48 pm

So is the line stuff that you can play at the awards ceremony? Because I almost feel like you've shown some R for language stuff in there too.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:52 pm

The awards ceremony is one of many non-carded events at AWA. The line now is exactly what I just said it is, "anything that the crew of The Video Art Track and Anime Weekend Atlanta feel we will need to card attendees in order to screen".

EllipseIris
Org Profile

Post by EllipseIris » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:46 am

Hi, i read the rules, but I didn't find answer. Can I submit a video that is 0% anime? I heard from someone that it is available to submit live-action videos, but i have no experience regarding this contest. Can someone answer this?

Return to “AMV Contests”