Hey guys, I’m Nathan the AMV Coordinator and the SMASH! Blitz AMV Tournament! is BACK!
For those that don’t know what the Blitz Tournament is, basically consist of knockout rounds under difficulty levels. During each rounds, you will get paired up in a match against another editor and will have to battle it out with a specific theme chosen and given by the SMASH! AMV Team! You have two weeks to make the AMV and submit. The winning AMV will be decided by the judges (based on its relation to theme, creativity, skill, etc.) and the person who wins will progress. As you progress, the themes become harder. The one who makes it through all the rounds and wins the Grand Final in the end will be crowned champion of the BAMV tournament!
How do you enter? Simple! Just fill out the General Submission Form BUT
the requirement is to create and submit an AMV between 30 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds long
! Quick to make, hence the Blitz name! You can submit any category you wish
with material source of anime, manga or Japanese animations/games.
Pretty much, when you enter, make an AMV that would impress the judges and if successful, you go into the next round of the tournament! However! ONLY
16 editors can successfully proceed to the next round! So show off your skills!
The basic stuff to know:
There are certain dates over the next few months which must be kept in mind. If you do enter, you will be kept updated on developments and the next deadlines, depending on your status in the tournament. The general timeline of the BAMV is as follows: General acceptance period (THAT’S NOW!)April 2:
Start of BAMV, accepting entries from EVERYONE.April 27:
Deadline for the acceptance round and the start of judging of all the entries.May 4:
Judging of all entries end. Top 16 editors will be chosen.Preliminary Finals Round (16 entrants left)May 4:
- Top 16 announced.
- Start of the Preliminary Finals.
- 8 Matches and themes are drawn.
- Accepting only entries from the Top 16 entrants.May 18:
- Deadline for entries in the Preliminary
- Finals and the start of judging of the Preliminary Finals.May 25:
- Judging of Preliminary Finals entries end.
- Top 8 editors will be chosen.Quarter Final Round (8 entrants left)June 25:
- Preliminary Finals winners announced.
- Start of the Quarter Finals.
- 4 Matches and themes are drawn.
- Accepting entries only from the Top 8 entrants.June 8:
- Deadline for entries in the Quarter Finals and the start of judging of the Quarter Finals.June 15:
- Judging of the Quarter Finals entries end.
- Top 4 will be chosen chosen.Semi-Final Round (4 entrants left)June 15:
- Quarter Finals winners announced.
- Start of the Semi-Finals.
- 2 Matches and themes are drawn.
- Accepting entries only from the Top 4 entrants.June 29:
- Deadline for entries in the Semi-Finals and the start of judging of the Semi-Finals.July 6:
- Judging of the Semi-Finals entries end. Top 2 chosen.Grand Final (2 entrants left)July 6:
- Semi-Finals winners announced.
- Start of the Grand Final.
- The theme is drawn.
- Accepting entries from the last 2 entrants.July 20:
- Deadline for entries in the Grand Final and the start of judging of the Grand Final. Winner and Runner-up determined.SMASH! Event DayAugust 9 or 10:
Winner and Runner-up of the SMASH! Blitz AMV tournament is announced on stage on the day! More information can be found on our site: http://amvblitz.smash.org.au/content/rules-submission-guidelinesYou can submit your entry here on our form: http://amvblitz.smash.org.au/content/round-one-general-acceptance-periodPlease note that you can enter both the Standard AMV Competition and Blitz at the same time!
If you have any further questions about this tournament, or even the AMV competition, do not hesitate to contact me or the AMV team via email (through firstname.lastname@example.org
) or through this thread.
Good luck and I hope to see you guys enter!