Kigacon 2014 Winners Posted!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Davis 51
Org Profile

Kigacon 2014 Winners Posted!

Post by Davis 51 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:35 pm

WINNERS/BALLOT!

Trailer
Blood and Water - Emma Browning – Opus by Hi-Finesse Music - Code Geass WINNER BEST TRAILER
The DRRR Knight - Kiet Huynh - Batman :The Dark Knight Rises Trailer by Christopher Nolan - Durarara!!
A Mocking Jay - The Toddfather - Hunger Games Trailer 3 Audio by Universal Studios - Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works

Action
Fallen Sword – [key] Scarlet - Fly to Stay Alive by manga - One Piece
Fire 'Em Up - Anthony Zalar - My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark by Fall Out Boys - Fairy Tail, Fairy Tail x Rave
Magi, The Dayman – BakaOppai - Daymanstep by Joman - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Downfall: Absolution – Diego94 - Glass House by Red - Fate/Zero
Wishes in the Dark - Emma Browning - My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark by Fall Out Boys - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
The Basketball Which Kuroko Jams - Nicole Varone - Space Jam by Quad City DJs - Kuroko's Basketball WINNER BEST ACTION
Another New Age - ProjectTwinsAMV [StephenMcC55] – Radioactive by Imagine Dragons – Another
Brought Me Alive - The Toddfather - Embers by Owl City - Accel World
The HeartBeats Resonance - Youssef Tobah - Red Hot Riot by Flow – Soul Eater

Drama
Blame – [key] Scarlet - Still Broken by Planet Three - Deadman Wonderland
A Sword Art to Remember - Anthony Zalar - Have Faith In Me by A Day to Remember - Sword Art Online
Face Your Fears – BakaOppai - Machine Gun (Amon Tobin Remix) by Noisia – Various WINNER BEST DRAMA
Hypocrisy and Innocence - Emma Browning - Built for Sin by Framing Hanley - Death Note
Brinkmate R – General Guy – Amol by Emiko Mizukami - Shion No Ou
Who's The Real Monster - Jonathan Norris - The Monster by Eminem Feat. Rihanna - Attack on Titan
Gold - Nicole Manzo – Gold by Sir Sly – Various
Power Thur Powerless - ProjectTwinsAMV [StephenMcC55] - Tinfold Powerless by Linkin Park – Various
Death Silence – TritioAFB - Dead Silence OST by Charlie Clouser – Various
Disconnect Destiny - VivifxAMV - Judah(Reprise) - After the Sirens - Penguindrum

Romance-Sentimental
A Drop Of Hope – BakaOppai - Safe & Sound by Taylor Swift – Various WINNER BEST ROMANCE/SENTIMENTAL
Rubik's Cube - Emma Browning - Rubik's Cube by Athlete – AnoHana
Two Hearts One Mind - Madeleine Brookman - Strangers Like Me by Phil Colins – Inuyasha, Inuyasha: The Final Act
Beauty and the Wolf - ProjectTwinsAMV [StephenMcC55] – Beautful by 10 Years - Spice & Wolf
Strangers Like Us - The Toddfather - Strangers Like Me by Phil Collins - Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
Desde mi Cielo – TritioAFB - Desde mi Cielo by Mago de Oz - Angeloid of Clockwork Movie

Comedy
Hououin Kyouma the Science Guy - Anthony Zalar - Bill Nye (Remix) by DJ Abunai - Steins; Gate
YTMND AMV Fad Entertainment System – drewaconclusion - Fad songs & remixes by ytmnd.com – Various
Cyberstalking - Emma Browning - Text Me Too Much by Lucky Princess - Mirai Nikki
Im hungry - General Guy – darkness by nightcore - Magical taruruuto kun
THIS VIDEO WAS (NOT) ENTERED INTO DRAMA - Isaac Fischer – Darkside by Tim Minchin - Evangelion, Various
Will You Help Me - The Toddfather - Frozen Parody Lyrics by rabbitsteaparty - Nishimonogatari, Bakemonogatari
Anime 101 – VivifxAMV - Good Feeling(instrumental) by Flo Rida– Various WINNER BEST COMEDY

Upbeat / Fun
Every Baka Needs Some Baka - Anthony Zalar - Everybody Needs Somebody to Love by The Blues Brothers - Baka and Test
A Piece Of Toast – BakaOppai - Pizza Rolls by sssShawnnnn – Various WINNER BEST UPBEAT/FUN
G6 - Bambie Ortega - Like a G6 by Far East Movement – Various
Color Me Curious – VivifxAMV – September by Earth Wind and Fire – Hyouka

Best in Show: Face Your Fears – BakaOppai

Coordinators Choice Award: THIS VIDEO WAS (NOT) ENTERED INTO DRAMA - Isaac Fischer

Prizes will be mailed out super soon. Congrats to BakaOppai who swept like fucking everything.

We got big enough exposure this year that we will probably be revising the rules next year. Thank you to everyone who submitted.

-----------------------
UPDATE! 04/07/2014
WE ARE HAVING A LIMITED EXTENSION FOR THE CATEGORIES ROMANCE AND TRAILER UNTIL THE 9TH!

If you have send an AMV in and have yet to hear from us, let us know right away. It means we didn't get it.

-----------------------
UPDATE! 3/25/2014

So far, we've only really got 17 entrants. While most of it is a healthy spread, we only have 1 comedy entry and one trailer. We need at least 4 comedy, and we need at least 3 trailers to make those categories happen. Thus, we are implementing a deadline extension.

We have more than enough room, so if there is any doubt you are guaranteed entry, dispel it from your mind! Yes there are prizes! See below!

RULES CLARIFICATION: See bolded below.

----------------

OK, I was like super-late getting this to you guys and I'm sorry. I hope this is enough time to get your entries to us. If its any incentive, we're not that big of a con, so you're pretty much 99% likely to make the cut. And there's prizes and stuff!

The rules are as follows:

1. NEW/UPDATED!!!!! The categories will be Action, Drama, Upbeat/Dance, Romance/Sentimental, Comedy/Parody. Trailers should be entered in the category most closely related to subject matter. We haven't historically received many trailers, but if we receive at least 3, it will be split off into its own category, with its own prize. (MAKE THIS HAPPEN PEOPLE!) Besides Trailers, Categories that do not receive at least 4 entries may be merged with their nearest counterpart. If you submitted to more than one category, and categories you submitted to end up merged, both your entries will still be counted, provided they both become finalists. SEE BELOW FOR CATEGORY BRACKETING!
2. No nudity, or excessive gore/violence. Keep it PG-13.
3. Run time may be anywhere between 1 minute and 6 minutes. This will be strictly enforced.
4. Each entrant is permitted a single entry per category, with the exception of trailers. You may submit 1 trailer video, even if it falls in a category you are already entering separately. As stated above, if we get enough trailers, we'll split them off into their own category.
5. Acceptable footage includes Anime and Japanese Video Game footage. 'American' anime such as Afro Samurai, Animatrix, etc. is accepted, so long as it is animated by a Japanese Animation Studio. Yes this includes Legend of Korra. :)
6. Audio must be primarily music and may not include excessive dialogue/narration. The exception is videos that qualify as "trailers."
7. Entries will be sent through an upload site such as DropBox, or through the AnimeMusicVideos.org catalog. With the exception of AnimeMusicVideos.org, one should not have to register or pay anything to be able to download a video. If we find it's behind a registration wall/paywall, we will ask for another link. If you do not provide one, you will be disqualified.
9. The contest will be screened at a resolution of 720x480. Entrees not in this format will be scaled appropriately, so it is strongly encouraged that entrees submit in this format. In addition, please ensure that your video is flagged for 4:3 playback. If it is flagged in 16:9, then everything will appear stretched out when we play it. We highly recommend you letterbox the footage ahead of time. We will do what we can, but we can't promise anything.
10. Videos will be played back as either MPEG's or MPEG-2's. Videos that are not submitted to one of these formats will be converted into MPEG-2's. Entrants are strongly encouraged to submit in 720X480 4:3 Flagged MPEG-2, at either 29.97 fps, or 23.976 with 3:2 pulldown selected (see Scintilla's guide link below for the best way to do this). If you are encoding in MPEG-2, please encode your audio as MPEG-1 Layer 2 or AC3. MP3s, WAVs, and others will not work and we will be forced to convert them.
11. We accept the following frame rates: 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, and 30. If your submission is not in one of those, it will be rejected outright.
12. We accept the most file formats and methods of compression, however, we will not accept .mov or .wmv files. If you are using Windows Movie Maker, please output to AVI. If we are unable to convert to .MPG, we will attempt to contact you. There is a file-size limit of 2 Gigabytes.
13. No studio bumpers or official logos. If we can't remove it, and you can't get us a clean version, the video is disqualified.
14. No audio from the official English dubs.
15. Entrants who knowingly attempt to circumvent these rules will have ALL of their submissions disqualified.
16. Videos will be accepted regardless of past victories in other contests, as long as they have been made between March 24th 2012 and March 24th 2013. NO ANTI-TROLLING RULE THIS YEAR!
17. We reserve the right to reject any video for any reason whatsoever.

This guide might be useful for making your video MPEG-2 for conventions: http://www.aquilinestudios.org/mpegforcons.html (Yes, link to the AMV App on that page is outdated as hell, I know. You can find the most current version here: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech31/.

HOW TO ENTER:

Send your submissions to anime@cnu.edu with the subject line "AMV CONTEST ENTRY 2014." If you do not submit it with that subject line, there is no guarantee we will enter it. Videos should contain either the studio name or the name you want to appear on the ballot, followed by a dash and a video title, like this: "Studio name - Video Title.mpeg"

In your email, include a link to download your video, and a TEXT FILE (that means .txt) containing the following:
Name (Please use your real name)
Video Title
Source Anime
Song Used
Song Artist
Category desired (we reserve the right to change this)
Email (again, this is in case we have to contact you. We will not give away your email for any reason).
Address (so we may mail prizes out, should you win)
Are you attending the con? (Y/N).

We will email you when we have received and tested your entry to play on our system. The later you send your entry, the later we will get back to you. If you send at the last minute, you will NOT receive confirmation until after the deadline has passed, and there may not be time to resubmit if something goes wrong!

Contestants found to be falsifying information will be disqualified AND permanently banned from this contest.

Awards include first place in each category, Best in Show, and Coordinators choice.
Each category winner, along with Coordinators Choice, shall receive a $25 gift certificate to Amazon.com. There shall be no prizes for runner ups this year.

NOTE: PRIZES SHALL ONLY BE AWARDED TO UNITED STATES CITIZENS! If you live in the US, we'll mail it to you. Cost and legal issues prevent us from mailing it elsewhere.

We have an XBOX HUEG time slot allotted, so its highly unlikely any video will be rejected outright. However, if we receive like a million entries, finalists shall be determined by a panel of four judges, including myself. Judges shall be barred from voting in the final contest. Entrees will be examined based on originality, editing skill, video/audio output quality, and entertainment value.

As stated above, if we do not receive at least 4 entries in a category, it will be merged with the next "nearest" category. The bracketing order goes like such:

((Action, Upbeat/Dance), Comedy/Parody) (Drama, Romance/Sentimental)

That is, if there are not enough entrants within each category, we will combine them into the category next closest in the parenthesis bracket. Likewise,
Last edited by Davis 51 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Under The Box Productions is my studio.
My youtube page is: http://www.youtube.com/user/UnderTheBoxProduct

Davis 51
Org Profile

Re: Kigacon 2014 Deadline Extended April 4. NEED ENTRANTS!

Post by Davis 51 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:23 pm

Bump for update.

Krigen
Org Profile

Re: Kigacon 2014 DL: Apr4. NEED ENTRANTS Win Amazon Gift Car

Post by Krigen » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:28 pm

There are only 5 days left! We still need more entries. Send one, send all, send them to Kigacon!

Sephiroth
Org Profile

Post by Sephiroth » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:45 am

Vid sent.
This has no relevence to the discussion above it

Davis 51
Org Profile

Post by Davis 51 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:01 pm

LAST DAY! Midnight tonight is the deadline. If you absolutely need an extension, plead your case via email to anime@cnu.edu

Davis 51
Org Profile

Re: Kigacon 2014 LIMITED EXTENTION! DL 4/9. WIN AMAZON GIFTC

Post by Davis 51 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:05 pm

Bump for limited extension.

Davis 51
Org Profile

Re: Kigacon 2014 LIMITED EXTENTION! DL 4/9. WIN AMAZON GIFTC

Post by Davis 51 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:47 pm

Winners posted above momentarily.

BakaOppai
Org Profile

Re: Kigacon 2014 Winners Posted!

Post by BakaOppai » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:14 pm

Davis 51 wrote: Congrats to BakaOppai who swept like fucking everything.
:ying:

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:21 pm

BakaOppai wrote:
Davis 51 wrote: Congrats to BakaOppai who swept like fucking everything.
:ying:
everyone grab your torches and pitchforks! :asd:

VivifxAMV
Crazed Creativity
Org Profile

Post by VivifxAMV » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:05 am

Congrats to the winners!
Rider4Z wrote: everyone grab your torches and pitchforks! :asd:
I literally laughed out loud at this XD
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”