Fanime AMV Contest 2014! WINNERS PAGE 6!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Fanime AMV Contest 2014! $50 GC Prizes Early DL April 23

Postby Tsu! » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:47 am

All editors that have entered thus far have been emailed. If you haven't heard from me, drop me a PM stat!

Just 2 weeks to go for the early deadline. Keep 'em coming! :up:
Fanime 2014 AMV Contest - Department Head
Tsu!

Re: Fanime AMV Contest 2014! $50 GC Prizes Early DL 9 Days!

Postby Tsu! » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:59 pm

9 days left 'til the early deadline. I know that's basically 5 years in Editor Land, but if you've got something ready to send, fire away! We can use more of just about everything right now. Action, Comedy and Experimental/Trailer all need boosts.

If you're working on something and are running out of time, you can submit after the "early" deadline as late as the 30th. You just won't get a bonus point boost in the judges' scoring.
Tsu!

Re: Fanime AMV Contest 2014! $50 GC Prizes Early DL in 4 Day

Postby dreamworld » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:08 am

Hello, I was thinking of submitting a couple amvs for exhibition as well as my contest entries. If I decided to do this do I use the same submission form?
Thanks a ton!
dreamworld

Re: Fanime AMV Contest 2014! $50 GC Prizes Early DL in 4 Day

Postby Tsu! » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:35 am

Hi dreamworld,

Sure, that's fine. Just use the form multiple times and mention in the comments field which are for exhibition, ok? :)

3 days left 'til the early deadline!
Tsu!

Re: Fanime AMV Contest 2014! $50 GC Prizes Early DL in 1 Day

Postby Tsu! » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:01 pm

All caught up on entries at the moment. If you haven't received an email from me acknowledging your entries, please PM me ASAP.

We can really use some more Comedy as well as Experimental/Trailer at this time. But everything is welcome! Entries received up to midnight PDT tomorrow will receive bonus points.

To clarify, you can enter 1 video now, in time for the early DL, and 1 after for the regular DL if you only have one ready now.
Tsu!

Re: Fanime AMV Contest 2014! $50 GC Prizes Deadline in 3 Day

Postby Tsu! » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:12 am

Just 3 days left to get your entries submitted, folks!
Tsu!

Re: Fanime AMV Contest 2014! $50 GC Prizes Deadline in 3 Day

Postby Rider4Z » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:00 am

already entered, just wish I could be there :(
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Re: Fanime AMV Contest 2014! $50 GC Prizes Deadline in 2 Day

Postby Tsu! » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:09 pm

@Rider You should come... yeesss... *waves GC in a hypnotizing manner*

Folks, I will be undergoing an internet outage for a few hours tomorrow for an upgrade. If anyone has last minute issues tomorrow and I'm unavailable, I will provide an additional day to get the knots worked out. This will also result in a slight delay in confirmations going out. So if you don't hear from me immediately, don't panic. (Though my net should only be down for a few hours in the afternoon at most, but these things can go the other way.)
Tsu!

Re: Fanime AMV Contest 2014! $50 GC Prizes Deadline TODAY!

Postby Tsu! » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:35 am

No Ocarina roll-backs here! This is your last chance to enter. :wink:
Tsu!

Postby ranmaman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:15 am

I'd be a little late to teh party in asking this , being i haven't really been scrolling through the contests, and would have 1 entry regardless of the answer - but is the contest strictly anime or can you use other cartoons/animation? i notice it does say FMV contest in actual rules.. but thought I'd make sure!
ranmaman

Postby Tsu! » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:06 pm

Hey ranmaman,

FMV is a bit of a misnomer. Unlike other FMV contests, we are "FMV" in name only- it's an abbreviation of Fanime Music Video (which is the name of our con and a play on Anime Music Video, of course). We highly prefer anime and video game content. Other types of animation are technically accepted this year but may not perform as well in the judging as anime, due to the nature of our audience at-con.

Also, my internet is back on, and no problems have arisen thus far, so please hold to the deadline at tonight 11:59PM PDT, folks. The form will close automatically at that time.
Tsu!

Postby macchinainterna » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:22 pm

I was under a similar impression when I saw this listed as an FMV contest. Had I known about the abbreviation's true meaning sooner I would not have sent my Frozen video into the contest. :uhoh:
macchinainterna

Postby Rider4Z » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:39 pm

i sent disney |:>
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby Tsu! » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:02 pm

I'm sorry for the confusion. However, the rules both refer to it as an anime music video contest and "Fanime Music Videos".

As I said, the videos that aren't anime/VG are not disqualified. I somewhat mispoke in my prior post (last minute entry frazzles, plus personal problems)- videos make it in based on judges' scores (see rules for our scoring system) and time constraints, period. They're not going to be voted down based on source material. They're in the competition, providing they meet all other quality requirements. (As long as you received an entry accepted rather than entry dq'd email, you're golden.) The audience's decisions are what i was referring to, and are theirs to decide- however, we have had 90% live action (non-japanese media) videos make finals and then go on to win by audience vote in prior years, so don't worry. Our competition is usually about 95% anime, which is why I said it's preferred- it's an anime con, after all. But other media are welcome.

However, if anyone who has sent a mixed media or non-anime entry thus far would rather replace it for a different entry, feel free. If you received bonus points originally for your entry, I will include those bonus points with your replacement.

Edit: I want to apologize regarding the confusion around FMV vs AMV. Fanime's AMV competition was renamed to FMV long ago and it always struck me as odd as an editor since FMV has a different connotation in our hobby. For this year, as I said, and prior years, all animated media is welcome. However, I will be approach my higher ups regarding the name problem to see what we can do to make it less confusing in future years.
Tsu!

Postby Rider4Z » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:36 pm

Please keep the open video source option. This is one of the few cons I know about that allows non-anime entries. It's also something I would like to attempt in my own contests.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Rider4Z
Pirate King

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests