Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
XStylus
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by XStylus » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:12 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
XStylus wrote:Additionally, being the final vid to play in PreShow should be considered a special honor, and can be informally deemed "Coordinator's Non-Finalist Favorite".
you and your rom/sen :P
"Bending Inferno" had that honor in 2012... or would've if some lighting BS hadn't forced me to delay the start by playing a couple extra vids.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:28 pm

that i do remember :up: reminds me, i need to make a korra vid now.

Tsu!
Org Profile

Post by Tsu! » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:03 am

XStylus wrote:
Tsu! wrote:Did this ever get posted? Did Troy become a con-plague zombie? It worries me... :uhoh:
Yep, I became a zombie and got ran over by a crappy purple scion, but I ate a few brains and got better.
:rofl: (hehehe!)

It's nice to see a lot more of the pre-show got shown this year.
Fanime 2014-2015, 2018-2019 AMV Contest - Department Head
Fanime 2016-2017 AMV Contest - Lurking Department Second

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:27 am

This thread will never die! :sorcerer:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

XStylus
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Hints about 2015

Post by XStylus » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:27 am

Ch-ch-ch-chaaanges!

I think now would be a good time to give people a heads up on some stuff coming 'round the bend for 2015. Not much is changing, but the things that are changing are significant enough that you guys should have an early notice.

DISCLAIMER: Changes are subject to change. Nothing's final until the official rules are released which will probably be sometime in January.

1) Because we got so many submissions, we're twisting the thumbscrews on the freshness rule a bit. Presently, the freshness cut-off will be October 1, 2014, and might be tightened up further in future years, as I'm noticing that many of the entries we received last year were on average 6-months old or newer.

2) We're twisting some thumbtacks on vids that are mostly long reels of micro-AMVs (AKA: AMV-Hell style submissions). Love em' or hate em', but nevertheless AMV-Hell style submissions shall no longer be accepted. This was decided after a lot of discussion with coordinators of other events, so don't be surprised if this becomes a thing at other conventions too.

3) If one of those micro-AMVs is a commercial, here's a twisty thumbs-up because the Bonus Genre will be back for 2015, so send it there please!

4) The submission deadline, barring any unforeseen strangeness, will likely be May 2nd, 2015.

Everything else in 2014's rules will mostly carry over to 2015, with minor clarifications being the only other changes. If there's anything that anyone feels needs attention, I'm always open to hearing your feedback.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Return to “AMV Contests”