Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
neko kitkat
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by neko kitkat » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:30 am

congrats to the winners! I was happy to see my amvs on the big screen. Although I couldn't really hear the reaction to either of my vids. I was happy that some people came up to me and expressed that they liked my manga video. I worked really hard on it so even if a few people liked it, I am happy that it was appreciated. Lol I dunno what the reaction to Weather Service was, again kinda hard to hear with the audio being a little loud in the front. Either way I had fun and thanks for letting me take a spot in the creator's Takeover.I probably was hard to understand due to being nervous. But I am happy to have gone out and tried it. Thanks again for the opportunity and it was fun! i really did like the in between ads and commercials.

if its not to much trouble does anyone have any thoughts or imput on what they thought of cosmic love or Iwatobi weather service criticism wise? please and thank you!

btw thats snow ball vid was awesome made me very happy ^_^

anyways thanks again and congrats to ALL the Finalist you are all winners in your own right. seriously some creative and beautiful work out there and you all deserve a thumbs up for your time and effort!

BakaOppai
Org Profile

Post by BakaOppai » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:41 am

neko kitkat wrote:congrats to the winners! I was happy to see my amvs on the big screen. Although I couldn't really hear the reaction to either of my vids. I was happy that some people came up to me and expressed that they liked my manga video. I worked really hard on it so even if a few people liked it, I am happy that it was appreciated. Lol I dunno what the reaction to Weather Service was, again kinda hard to hear with the audio being a little loud in the front. Either way I had fun and thanks for letting me take a spot in the creator's Takeover.I probably was hard to understand due to being nervous. But I am happy to have gone out and tried it. Thanks again for the opportunity and it was fun! i really did like the in between ads and commercials.

if its not to much trouble does anyone have any thoughts or imput on what they thought of cosmic love or Iwatobi weather service criticism wise? please and thank you!

anyways thanks again and congrats to ALL the Finalist you are all winners in your own right. seriously some creative and beautiful work out there and you all deserve a thumbs up for your time and effort!
First time watching the weather service one. Was not expecting the twist, genuinely hilarious :rofl:

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:16 am

neko kitkat wrote:if its not to much trouble does anyone have any thoughts or imput on what they thought of cosmic love or Iwatobi weather service criticism wise?
I heard a great reaction to Cosmic Love during the rescreening. As for Iwatobi, it was the runner up.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Yuusharo
Org Profile

Post by Yuusharo » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:49 am

...I'm just glad no one shot me as the messenger |:>.

Just a quick correction, "Dead Space Cowboy" was the Bonus Trailer winner, not Bonus Category (there were two bonus categories, trailer and commercial). I mistyped during my tweets.

Mega congratulations to Nic [Studio Hybrid / KagatoAMV] for winning Best Action with "Control the Redline." He told me on the side yesterday that he thought it wasn't going to win, that he's can't quite crack the secret to winning over the audience. I'm thrilled that last night proved him wrong. Amazing work!
neko kitkat wrote:if its not to much trouble does anyone have any thoughts or imput on what they thought of cosmic love or Iwatobi weather service criticism wise? please and thank you!
My jaw was on the floor watching Iwatobi Weather Service. Seriously, that is one of the most unique crossovers I've ever seen. My only criticism is my brain fried while watching it (in a good way). It was like watching an episode of Regular Show, where the plot starts off with a simple, straightforward premise, then somewhere along the way starts drifting to the left into the cornfield. It's chaos, but a beautiful, twisted chaos. It's a crowd pleaser, and I like it!

Cosmic Love is stunning, absolutely terrific. I honestly forgot you used manga source half way through seeing it, if that makes any sense. The images painted a fluid story in my mind, filling in the gaps between each intended expression of emotion. I love it, simple as that.

Side note: I'm also a huge fan of Lionheart. It's the one finalist that made me cry at FanimeCon 2013. It made me go buy Wolf Children when it released late last year.

And Calling, another video of yours that teared me up...

Guess you could say I'm a fan. Stop making me cry, dang it! :nono:
http://www.youtube.com/yuusharo - YouTube Channel
http://www.AnimeLosAngeles.org - Anime Los Angeles AMV Events Staff (2008-2012), AMV Competition Coordinator (2015- )
http://www.Anime-Conji.org/ - Anime Conji AMV Events Staff (2013-2015)
http://www.Anime-Expo.org - Anime Expo AMV Events Staff (2015-2018)
http://SakuraCon.org - Sakura-Con AMV Events Staff (2016- )

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:40 am

neko kitkat wrote:congrats to the winners! I was happy to see my amvs on the big screen. Although I couldn't really hear the reaction to either of my vids. I was happy that some people came up to me and expressed that they liked my manga video. I worked really hard on it so even if a few people liked it, I am happy that it was appreciated. Lol I dunno what the reaction to Weather Service was, again kinda hard to hear with the audio being a little loud in the front. Either way I had fun and thanks for letting me take a spot in the creator's Takeover.I probably was hard to understand due to being nervous. But I am happy to have gone out and tried it. Thanks again for the opportunity and it was fun! i really did like the in between ads and commercials.

Cosmic Love is absolutely stunning and unique. It was such a privilege watching it on the big screens with those giant speakers and dat bass W>_<W - Iwatobi Weather Service was interesting. I have my own opinion but I've heard others say something different. Everyone said it was good but about 2/3 the way in they were like "ok we get the joke" but then you threw that twist in there and they thought it was hysterical. Me on the other hand I loved the entire thing. I mean yeah I got the joke too, but it was so beautifully edited that I just sat back and enjoyed it. And that song has been stuck in my head ever since the reshowing. Gonna have to sing it at karaoke now.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:58 am

Castor Troy wrote:
Scintilla wrote:I can't believe I forgot about this until now, but... could we get this added to the AMV contest calendar? Thanks ~
You can always do it. |:>
But I have no idea what-all entries were submitted, so I wouldn't be able to confirm/deny like XStylus could.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

kutiekittykandykorn
Org Profile

Post by kutiekittykandykorn » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:08 am

I was there at the AMV contest and I noticed that one of the AMVs used subtitles. Isn't that against the rules?

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:14 am

kutiekittykandykorn wrote:I was there at the AMV contest and I noticed that one of the AMVs used subtitles. Isn't that against the rules?
You must be talking about my Attack on Titan entry. I added those subtitles because of the Japanese audio I included in the video at key points. Because the subtitles weren't part of the footage itself but by my own design it's permitted :) Hope that answers your question!

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:34 am

Rider4Z wrote:
kutiekittykandykorn wrote:I was there at the AMV contest and I noticed that one of the AMVs used subtitles. Isn't that against the rules?
You must be talking about my Attack on Titan entry. I added those subtitles because of the Japanese audio I included in the video at key points. Because the subtitles weren't part of the footage itself but by my own design it's permitted :) Hope that answers your question!
DQ'ED! :evil: :shark:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

machina21
Org Profile

Post by machina21 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:37 am

Congrats to the winners. Not what I expected, but you can't hate that hustle :up:
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

Return to “AMV Contests”