- The AMV contest is open to all except for judges and the con staff.
- Each participant can only send one AMV/GMV/M@D per category. A maximum of 2 AMVs can be sent per participant.
- MEPs (multi-editor projects)/Collabs are fine, but the team must select someone responsible for the AMV (other members of the team will still be able to send 2 AMVs).
- The AMV must be recent (2013).
- Plagiarism will be heavily sanctioned. AKA Absolute Disqualification
- Extreme violence (guts, decapitations, etc) and explicit nudity (ecchi can be accepted) are forbidden. Please bear in mind that the content of the AMV should be suitable for an 13+ audience.
- There is no minimum or maximum length for the AMVs. Bear in mind that if the AMV is longer than 6 minutes, it will be penalized for the contest screening (since we may lack time). BUT it will be shown on General AMV Screenings Hours.
- Avoid having Intro or Credits longer than 20 seconds since the allowed time for the contest is quite short.
- G-Anime reserves the right to disqualify any video for any other valid reason.
- Deadline for sending a video is December 20th 2013.
- Every video must be sent via a ddl link like mediafire, mega, rapidshare or animemusicvideos.org
- A pre-selection will be made according to the criteria presented below. Contestants will have a week to make adjustment, if necessary.
- Special prizes will be given by the judges. There will be honorable mention for finalists.
- Because of time constraint, some AMVs will not be broadcasted.
- Each AMVs must be sent to email@example.com with the following infos: Personnal Email address (if you win, you will be contacted), Pseudonym, Amv’s download link, Music and Animes used (if more than 5, write "various"), Category entered
Rules regarding AMVs
Every submitted AMVs should respect these criteria:
- Every video format are accepted excepted .mov et .wmv (if you have problem encoding, there is plentiful tutorial on Animemusicvideos.org or other AMV communities)
- Recommended containers : avi, mkv et mp4
- Recommended codecs videos and audios: h.264, Xvid, mp3, aac
- Video must be of NTSC format and of a minimal resolution of 640×480 or 640×360 (16:9 ratio recommended)
- Any form of animation is allowed (American cartoon, japanime, fan made creation).
Every contestant can send 2 AMVs but only one per category:
- X Category (Any AMV that does not belong to these categories)
- Mecha POWER! (see below)
Note: Each category requires at least 3 AMVs to be considered
For each category, AMVs will be judged according to these criteria:
- Editing –Evaluation of the technic aspect of the AMV : use of special effects, adjustment of images to the music, transitions, etc.
- Quality – Evaluation of cinematographic aspect of the AMV : choice of music with the video sequence , coherent video, etc .
- Creativity – Evaluation of the originality of the AMV : unique concept, particular use of some elements, etc. What makes the AMV unique
- Bonus Points – Registration form complete (5 %)
Each category will have its own ranking except the category Mecha Power!
- Best Action/Upbeat AMV
- Best Drama/Romance AMV
- Best Comedy/Parody AMV
- Best Instrumental/Ambiant AMV
- Best X Category AMV
- Best Mecha POWER! AMV
- Public’s choice
Mecha POWER ! Category
Gamine, our mascot, wants to celebrate the sixth edition of G-AMV. The special theme for this year will ask for AMVs containing mechas or any similar machines. The clip must contain a huge amount of heavy mechanic power. Who's brave enough for the challenge ?
Got any thing question? Post them here
Edit Jan 7th
Official List of entries (we got around 30 pre-entries, yet some would have been removed for rule breaking or by lack of time allowed for the screening)
Edit Jan 17th: Please note that Comedy and Drama won't have any ranking, due to not enough entries in their respective categories. BUT there will be shown at the con and eligible to Public's Choice.