Re: Sakura-Con 2014 AMV Contest - With Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Re: Re: Sakura-Con 2014 AMV Contest - Less then 24 Hours

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:27 pm

Any update on the status of my video in question ?
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:39 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:Any update on the status of my video in question ?
As mentioned still at work so need to look it over later tonight...

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Re: Sakura-Con 2014 AMV Contest - Less then 24 Hours

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:09 pm

Note to everyone who has signed up and not gotten a reply. the automated reply system doe not seem to like Hotmail and a few other types of accounts, so if you are using a Hotmail account, you will not most likely get an response and have to e-mail the SC AMV account (us) and we can forward it to you manually.

As we are getting rained on by lots of entries, we will try to confirm everyone's entry as soon as possible. if you logging to your SC contest account and go to your videos, it will show a status. If your video has a status of "Accepted", it means it has been accepted into the contest for final judging. HOWEVER, in terms of the PG-13 rating, even if accepted, as several of the exec of Sakura-Con are also on the large judging panel we have, if your AMV is right on the edge of PG-13, it may still be flagged as not suitable during the Final Judging stage

Vlad

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:21 pm

I just got the email and I got to ask... when is PG-13 actually PG-13? lol...

Every con I have submitted to PG-13 doesn't mean PG-13 imho and the rating is ultra subjective. Seems to me when in doubt in regards to skin / sexual situations the rating is elevated and when it comes to violence it is like nobody cares like there are two rating systems being used. Remember Attack on Titan is TV-MA... which has an age restriction of 17... if cons are going to use rating system then at least be accurate / true to them otherwise get rid of them. Then again as I am running a AMV contest now I know at the end of the day the powers that be can overrule me... but I have pointed out to them / had long discussions if we are going to use the rating system as our guide we don't make crap up.

I suggest cons switch to the TV system... TV-14 is much more descriptive than the nebulous PG-13 rating description which I wonder was last updated. After much discussion for MTAC I got them to switch from PG-13 to TV-14
This program contains some material that many parents would find unsuitable for children under 14 years of age. Parents are strongly urged to exercise greater care in monitoring this program and are cautioned against letting children under the age of 14 watch unattended. This program may contain one or more of the following: intensely suggestive dialogue (D), strong coarse language (L), intense sexual situations (S), or intense violence (V).
Look at TV-PG which sounds like PG-13 to be honest...
This program contains material that parents may find unsuitable for younger children. Many parents may want to watch it with their younger children. The theme itself may call for parental guidance and/or the program may contain one or more of the following: some suggestive dialogue (D), infrequent coarse language (L), some sexual situations (S), or moderate violence (V).
Sorry to vent... I have had multiple long discussions with my con about this subject

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:41 pm

XStylus wrote:
ProjectBarcodeError wrote:haven't got any mail for my password in order to log and send my dl links. :(

Any optionnal way ?
Send an email to us and we'll re-send your login info. :)

all's good. thanks for the quick answer

Tsu!
Org Profile

Re: Sakura-Con 2014 AMV Contest - Open for Submissions

Post by Tsu! » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:38 pm

XStylus wrote:
Tsu! wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:Just over 10 days left! Still need more videos so keep them coming..
:shock: *goes back to thwacking AMV with wrench*
Ya' should use the right tool for the right job. [hands Tsu a hammer] :P
Dagnabit dangitdangit! *whackwhackwhack*

Fwew. I made it. Sure am glad y'all are on the west coast! :lol:
Fanime 2014-2015, 2018-2019 AMV Contest - Department Head
Fanime 2016-2017 AMV Contest - Lurking Department Second

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:07 am

I had to take a seminar to be able to rate stuff up here in Alberta when we did have to rate... real problem is that Cons see ratings totally different then TV or film... We can discuss later... got lots of catching up to do now...

Vlad

MaboroshiStudio wrote:I just got the email and I got to ask... when is PG-13 actually PG-13? lol...

Every con I have submitted to PG-13 doesn't mean PG-13 imho and the rating is ultra subjective. Seems to me when in doubt in regards to skin / sexual situations the rating is elevated and when it comes to violence it is like nobody cares like there are two rating systems being used. Remember Attack on Titan is TV-MA... which has an age restriction of 17... if cons are going to use rating system then at least be accurate / true to them otherwise get rid of them. Then again as I am running a AMV contest now I know at the end of the day the powers that be can overrule me... but I have pointed out to them / had long discussions if we are going to use the rating system as our guide we don't make crap up.

I suggest cons switch to the TV system... TV-14 is much more descriptive than the nebulous PG-13 rating description which I wonder was last updated. After much discussion for MTAC I got them to switch from PG-13 to TV-14
This program contains some material that many parents would find unsuitable for children under 14 years of age. Parents are strongly urged to exercise greater care in monitoring this program and are cautioned against letting children under the age of 14 watch unattended. This program may contain one or more of the following: intensely suggestive dialogue (D), strong coarse language (L), intense sexual situations (S), or intense violence (V).
This program contains material that parents may find unsuitable for younger children. Many parents may want to watch it with their younger children. The theme itself may call for parental guidance and/or the program may contain one or more of the following: some suggestive dialogue (D), infrequent coarse language (L), some sexual situations (S), or moderate violence (V).
Sorry to vent... I have had multiple long discussions with my con about this subject

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:07 am

I had to take a seminar to be able to rate stuff up here in Alberta when we did have to rate... real problem is that Cons see ratings totally different then TV or film... We can discuss later... got lots of catching up to do now...

Vlad

MaboroshiStudio wrote:I just got the email and I got to ask... when is PG-13 actually PG-13? lol...

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:08 am

Roughly 1 hour left... get those last minute videos in!

As the FTP site is getting hammered, I'll leave it up all night so those that can't get on get a chance to upload their entries...

Vlad

Sephiroth
Org Profile

Post by Sephiroth » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:41 am

Made it, just barley.
This has no relevence to the discussion above it

Return to “AMV Contests”