Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Anime Conji 2014 AMV Contest -WINNERS! page 6~

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:29 pm

http://www.animeconji.org/schedule/amv-contest/

Submission Guidelines and Rules for Anime Conji 2014 AMV Contest

AMVs (Anime Music Videos) are video projects of various types of anime clips set to music, made by fans for the fans. They are continuing to grow in popularity and are a fast medium for spreading the word about different anime series’ and music.

The 2014 AMV Contest is open to creators of all ages and skill level. You do not have to attend to enter. Submission Deadline is February 14th 2014.

Legal Disclaimers
Spoiler :
For the sake of the entire “Submission Guidelines and Rules” document, the terms “we”, “our” and “us” refer to the SPJA, Anime Conji, its subsidiaries, affiliates, associates, staff, and volunteers. In consideration of participation in a contest, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the participant, on participant’s behalf, and on behalf of participant’s heirs, successors or assigns, administrators and personal representatives, does hereby INDEMNIFY, FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE SPJA, and each of their respective direct and indirect subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and related entities, their respective directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, insurers, attorneys, shareholders and representatives, and each predecessor, successor, and assign thereof, from and against any and all actions, charges, claims, losses, costs, damages, expenses (including attorneys’ fees and expenses) and liabilities of any kind or character, whether known or unknown, in connection with, arising out of or in any way related to participant’s participation in the contest.

Contestants waive all rights to any fees, copyrights, royalties, or any forms of compensation for the use of their name, likeness and videos in publicity, marketing, and public viewing by Anime Conji.

Categories:
ACTION – Adventure, intensity, adrenaline...
DRAMA – Angst, pain, fear…
COMEDY – Humorous, silly, quirky…
SENTIMENTAL – Inspiring, emotional, uplifting...
UPBEAT – Dance, movement, energy…

Contestants may enter more than one AMV, but only one entry per category. TRAILERS and PARODIES are permitted. We reserve the right to move your entry to another category if we feel it’s better suited elsewhere.

Video Length:
Videos must be a minimum of 30 seconds playback time and up to a maximum of 6 minutes playback time. Any videos not meeting the playback time requirement will be disqualified.

Video Resolutions:
Videos must be a minimum of 640x480. Higher resolutions are acceptable but may be shrunk down to standard definition. COMPRESS YOUR FILE(S). We will not download anything larger than 300MB. It is HIGHLY recommended that you export your video(s) in square pixels.

Format:
Acceptable containers include the common standards of:
MPEG2
AVI
MP4
Frame rate should be a standard of 23.97fps or 29.97FPS – anything else may result in playback error.

All files will be transcoded for DVD (possibly blu-ray) playback. If you send in any different formats you run the risk of them not converting correctly. We will try to work with you if you have questions or concerns about file types, or if we have trouble working with your entry.

Requirements:
Your video(s) must meet the following criteria:
1) Good quality. Videos found to be poorly encoded, such as containing artifacts, interlacing or red-lining audio may lead to disqualification.
2) Keep it PG-13. Poor taste, excessive violence, sexual content or innuendo, and/or strong language are not permitted.
3) No subtitles (except within context). Videos should not contain industry credits if opening/ending footage is used.
4) Must contain at least 51% anime, or Japanese video game footage. Anime style series’ or video games (such as Avatar: The Last Airbender and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) are permitted at the discretion of the judges.
5) No bumpers, credits, watermarks or title screens. All videos will be given uniform identifying slides. Any credits incorporated into the video itself for artistic purposes are permitted at the discretion of the coordinator.
6) Any trailers entered MUST NOT contain proper titles or authorities in their opening green screen. If the MPAA did not view your trailer, then you may NOT use their name. Parody versions with mock companies are permitted.
7) Your video cannot have been entered in Anime Conji’s 2012 contest. If you have made significant changes to your video, it may be accepted at the coordinator’s discretion.

We currently do not have “freshness” rule (meaning age of video), nor do we have a policy against allowing previously award winning videos of other conventions. This may change in future years.

“Inexcusable” Rules
1) Dishonorable Participation (Penalty variable based on severity) Participants who engage in a manner that causes grief, harm, or dishonor to others or to the event may be reprimanded. This includes intentional rule violations and unsportsmanlike behavior.
2) Dishonesty (Penalty variable based on severity) Participants who provide false, incomplete, or misrepresented information on their entry form may be reprimanded. This includes the part where you affirm that you’ve read and understood all rules.
3) Plagiarism (Penalty of banishment from all SPJA conventions.)
Do not submit someone else’s AMV as if it were your own. Do not use parts of someone else’s AMV or submit an “improved” version of someone else’s AMV unless you have the original creator’s explicit permission to do so. Each person involved in a submission’s creation must be identified on the entry form and must explicitly grant permission to participate in this event.

Judging:
All entrants will be prescreened blindly and judged prior to the convention. Audience members will be given a voting ballot for the contest and choose their favorite video for each category. At the end of the show, audience members will be asked to select one video out of the entire show to be voted as Best in Show. Winners will be announced later during the convention at a to-be-determined time and place.

Winners:
Awards/Prizes (TBD) will be given to each Best of Category, Judges’ Favorite, Coordinator’s Choice and Best of Show.
Remember last year's winner of Coordinator's Choice?
Spoiler :
Submitting videos:
Please send an email to amv@animeconji.org with a link to where we may download your entry(ies). NO FILES OVER 300 MEGABYTES. Compress your files please! We may require a strict FTP upload in the future, but in the meantime please use sites such Dropbox, Sendspace and Mediafire. Animemusicvideos.org and amvnews.ru are acceptable as long as your entry contains no credits/bumpers. NO YOUTUBE or other streaming sites accepted.

Attach a text (txt) file that contains all of the following information in your email:
Your First & Last Name:
Name You Wish Displayed:
Title of video:
Artist(s): (if multiple songs are used, list ALL the artists you used in the AMV)
Song(s) : (if multiple songs are used, list ALL the songs you used in the AMV)
Anime Used: (if multiple anime is used, list ALL the anime you used in the AMV)
Your Email Address:
Mailing Address:
Video Category:
Will You be Attending Anime Conji?: Yes/No

*Give your text file AND your video the same name for faster processing.
Example: Creator-AMVname.mp4

It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to submit your AMV way before the due date, ESPECIALLY if your AMV content or format is questionable. Creators whose videos meet any of the disqualification criteria will be notified and updated. Videos may be resubmitted for consideration. It is also HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to respond and read your e-mails frequently during the contest submission period for updates, information and confirmations.

If you have any questions about the contest or submitting your video, please contact us at amv@animeconji.org.

Remember, DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 14th 2014.

Good luck!

~Rider4Z – Anime Conji AMV Events Coordinator
Victoria Galietta
~Stryyder
John Galietta III – Anime Conji AMV Events Assistant Coordinator
Last edited by Rider4Z on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:33 am, edited 8 times in total.

tipsd9video
Org Profile

Re: Anime Conji 2014 AMV Contest - Deadline February 14th

Post by tipsd9video » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:55 pm

Not sure if I'll be attending the convention yet, but I'll be entering this for sure
youtube accounts:
tipsd9video for animations and AMVs
animefxnstuff for live action videos

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:58 am

pretty sure that I'm gonna be sending quite a few new vids to this one. I just gotta finish them first :asd:

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:35 pm

I'll be entering as usual, but just to be clear, the Disney/Non-anime category isn't happening, correct?

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:49 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:I'll be entering as usual, but just to be clear, the Disney/Non-anime category isn't happening, correct?
unfortunately no :( too much politics right now, but it's something i want to have happen in the future.

knage
Org Profile

Post by knage » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:57 am

*Ignore this I am posting so I may keep track on my Contest in my "View Post" area.
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmARoS ... GP_b7rHM7g

I edit with a passion. Remember my name.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:52 pm

REMINDER!! Only 5 weeks left to enter! We've received some very nice entries so far but we need more, please! :D

Remember, you don't have to be a finalist to win Coordinator's Choice :) Wouldn't you just love your own custom painting of your AMV? :awesome:

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:05 am

Gonna see if I can't finish a vid before the deadline. Ill still be entering either way though |:>

lc235
Org Profile

Post by lc235 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:16 am

Can I submit my AMV in .wmv format?

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Post by Replay Studios » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:27 am

lc235 wrote:Can I submit my AMV in .wmv format?
Rider4Z wrote: Format:
Acceptable containers include the common standards of:
MPEG2
AVI
MP4
Frame rate should be a standard of 23.97fps or 29.97FPS – anything else may result in playback error.

All files will be transcoded for DVD (possibly blu-ray) playback. If you send in any different formats you run the risk of them not converting correctly. We will try to work with you if you have questions or concerns about file types, or if we have trouble working with your entry.

Return to “AMV Contests”