Welcome to the forum topic for Sands of Anime's 2014 AMV contest!
Sands of Anime will be held from January 3 - January 5 2014 at the International Palms Resort in Cocoa Beach Florida!
As newly appointed contest hosts, we wanted to reach out to the AMV community as a whole for entries, and not restrict our contest to those only pre-registered for and attending the convention. Great and amazing AMVs come from all over, and we want our contest to be open for all to enter!
If you are interested in entering the Sands of Anime AMV contest, please read the following rules carefully and feel free to email us at email@example.com with any and all questions you may have!
Iren S.S. (1)
ojsama and theHiddenFatality (1)
Straw Buggy (1)
Sprinkle Sprackles (3)
Yami Ten'ou Studios (2)
Mr. Pilkington (3)
January 5, 2015; 3pm-5pm in Main Events Hall
Contest Hosts: Robyn Barry-Cotter, Amanda Lacard, and Jonny Lacard
-These are the official rules for the SOA AMV Contest. The Contest Hosts and SOA Coordinator reserve the right to amend or change these rules at any time.
-Please read these rules carefully, failure to follow the rules may result in your video entry/entries being disqualified. The Contest Hosts will be responsible for organizing and operating the contest and will be the final judges of rules compliance. If you have any questions you should email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “SAO 2014 AMV Contest.”
- Only entries containing Anime and Video Game footage will be accepted. We would prefer if no live-action footage were included in your submissions.
- The total length of each video should not exceed six minutes. This allotted time also includes the use of studio bumpers.
- All videos must be of a PG-13 rating or lower. No videos including anything deemed unfit to show to a general audience will be accepted.
- Videos submitted MUST be your own work and no one elses. Plagiarized and stolen videos will be disqualified immediately and without question.
- Edited footage should contain no subtitles of any sort, unless necessary for the video to be understood.
Judged awards will be given for categories (including but not limited to):
-Judge's Favorite x3
-and Best of Show
- Categories will be divided into individual categories based on amount of entries per category.
- Videos will be judged on Synchronization, Technical Detail, Creativity, and Over-All Enjoyment.
- Depending on amount of entries received, a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will be judged and awarded per category.
-Additional award categories such as Honorable Mentions are to be determined at the discretion of the Judges after reviewing all submissions.
- Since we are a contest that allows out of state entries, should you win an award and cannot be present, we will contact you for your shipping information and have your prizes mailed to you.
- Convention staff will not be eligible to win any awards in the AMV contests, however this limit does not apply to convention volunteers who are not affiliated with running the convention.
- The Hosts of the SOA AMV contest and/or the Coordinator of SOA reserve the right to reject any video for any reason, whether it be content or quality.
- There will be 3 judges/hosts of SOA’s AMV contest, therefore all judging will be fair and unanimous.
- We will be allowing and accepting up to 3 entries per contestant.
- Multi-editor projects are allowed, but will count towards each individual's submission limit. For example, an entrant may choose to submit two videos entered by them alone and one as a part of an editing group, or vice versa.
- If you have already entered 3 entries, but then decide you would rather enter another video, you may contact us with which video you would like to remove and send us the replacement.
- Please submit your videos via email at email@example.com. We recommend using sendspace to upload your footage, however we’ll accept any links from other upload websites as long as we can download them without incident.
- All videos should be encoded at a minimum resolution of 640 x 480 with at least 23.98 frames per second. NTSC 720 x 480 with 29.97 fps is strongly recommended.
- Each submission received will be confirmed via an email when the video has been checked into our judging system. If you do not receive a final confirmation email, please contact the Contest Host.
-Entries must be uploaded and confirmed by Sunday, December 22nd, 2013 at 11:59 PM.
- If for some reason you cannot complete and send your video by this date and have a very legitimate reason for needing a small extension, please email the staff in regards to your issue and we may be able to work something out.
- You will receive an email confirming that your video has been received. If you have not received an email by 3 business days from the deadline, please contact the contest administrator. The host will make every reasonable effort to allow you to participate in the contest, but we also need time to review and compile the entries.
- Please do not hesitate to send any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to answer!
- Real Name:
- Studio Name/Nickname:
- E-mail Address:
- Will you be present during the convention?:
- Title of Video:
- Song Title and Artist:
- Anime Used:
- Video Category:
- Link to Download AMV: