From the official site: http://www.animelosangeles.org/ala/2013 ... test-2014/
The AMV (Anime Music Video) contest takes place on Friday. Anime Music Videos consist of clips from one or more anime series or movies set to songs. They are made by fans because they have a passion for an anime/song combination that drives them to show that vision to audiences.
All of our contestants are fans just like you who have worked hard all year to create the videos we will be showing off Friday evening. There are many
awards that can be won.
◦Best in Category (Four awards: Action, Drama, Comedy, Pro)
Judging Categories: (Voted on by our panel of Judges)
◦Creators Choice (Voted on by the contestants)
◦Staff Picks (AMV Staff pick their favorite entrie(s) )
Our Judges are:
Mystery Judge (Every year we fill our fifth spot with a mystery person!)
Hope to see you there!
OFFICIAL RULES from http://www.alaamv.info/rules.php
I) AMV Restrictions
1) Maximum Length: Soft cap at 4 minutes, hard cap at 6 minutes.
2) Content must be appropriate for a television viewing audience.
3) No Intros or Outros. No text in the video that does not pertain to the video itself.
4) Accepted Formats:
Video: MPEG-2, h264, MPEG-4
Audio: mp3, wav
5) Files only. Physical Media will NOT be accepted (i.e. no cassette tapes ).
II) Submission Restrictions
1) Entries will be accepted on a first-come first serve basis.
2) NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 1 DECEMBER 2013
3) NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE CONVENTION
4) You may submit TWO videos per category (Action, Comedy, Drama) . Maximum of FOUR videos per entrant.
5) You must attend the convention to be eligible for awards.
III) How to Submit a Video
1) Complete and submit the form found here http://www.alaamv.info/form.php
2) Choose ONE of the following methods of delivery:
a) E-mail a link to your hosted video file to AMV13@alaamv.info
DO NOT SEND YOUR FILE AS AN ATTACHMENT
b) Burn a single copy of your AMV to a CD or DVD as a File. Then snail mail to:
12616 Caswell Ave Apt #3
Los Angeles CA, 90066
Please note we are always open to granting exceptions to the rules, on a case-by-case basis. This means that missing a deadline due to legitimate excuses (i.e. grandma was in a car accident, something came up at work, president called you to diffuse a nuclear bomb) is fine, but you must communicate this to us.
Breaking the rules will result in being banned from submitting to future contests. Length of the ban will vary based on severity.
If you feel that a video breaks any of the rules, or is in some other way upsetting you may issue a Challenge. Challenges must be e-mailed to email@example.com before February 1st.
All videos and forms must be in Mikal's hands by November 1st at the latest.
Finalists will be announced by December 1st.
Winners will be formally announced on March 1st to allow for any challenges to be made.
If there are any questions you can either post here or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not PM this account.
Thak you for reading,
AMV Contest Coordinator
UPDATE #1 :FINAL LIST UP! If your name does not appear here and you think it should CONTACT ME!
We have received videos from the following groups:
Frosted Lemons Productions
Make All Things Chibi