The AWA 2013 Video Review Thread -- Final Voting RIGHT NOW!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Re: The AWA 2013 Video Review Thread -- Now with nude photos

Post by Shin-AMV » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:15 pm

AimoAio wrote: General thoughts: Guys, if you don’t know how to handle video quality properly, I don’t think you’re ready for this contest and at least frigging crop your borders off, it’s like 1 line in avisynth or render and ZOOM in on your AMV in your editing program. It’s not difficult.
This. If you need help with dealing with your sources don't be afraid to ask around. If anyone wants to PM me for some basic help on getting their sources up to par and presentable feel free. If you want a hardcore training course for it you could always ask meatwad too. He'll give you a flacking history lesson of AVIsynth that you don't even need, but at least your footage will be in the right aspect ratio, right frame rate, and not pixelated to hell.
AimoAio wrote: My favourites that I will rewatch: 2, 6, 13, 21
Add 138 :shark: to that and thats basically my list too.

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Re: The AWA 2013 Video Review Thread -- Final Voting RIGHT N

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:18 pm

Warlike Swans wrote:
MaboroshiStudio wrote: My video that didn't make the cut was the Space Pirate Captain Harlock video, but I was glad to see most people enjoyed it here.
It's a shame that one didn't make finals in any of the categories, it was among the best videos in the contest.
Thanks, but it is a quasi drama / action video and with the action that was in the contest Captain Harlock was seriously outgunned!!!

I thought it had a shot at getting a nomination in trailer and I feel a bit stupid for not putting a trailer bumper at the start as that is what the video really is.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:38 pm

MaboroshiStudio wrote: So are you telling me when I buy the Gatchaman Blu-Ray set and make something with it people will think what is this ghetto old power rangers crap?
Not at all, the kids still know and cheer to Power Rangers.. Now Gatchaman is so old they'll think it was from the 60s

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: The AWA 2013 Video Review Thread -- Final Voting Is Upon

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:53 pm

i got one in! |:> not a snowball's chance in winning considering the competition but hey :awesome:
CrackTheSky wrote: 132 - Rescue Me
Video footage was way overfiltered and ugly as sin, but other than that all my complaints are very, very minor. One of the most emotional videos in the contest that I've watched so far and one of my favorites. Just really, really great editing choices all around. 4.5/5
BEST. COMPLIMENT. EVAR!

(that was mine btw)

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:01 pm

Rider4Z wrote:i got one in! |:> not a snowball's chance in winning considering the competition but hey :awesome:
Video footage was way overfiltered and ugly as sin, but other than that all my complaints are very, very minor. One of the most emotional videos in the contest that I've watched so far and one of my favorites. Just really, really great editing choices all around. 4.5/5
BEST. COMPLIMENT. EVAR!

(that was mine btw)
I liked that one too. THere were quite a few I was surprised that didn't make ti.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:01 am

Rider4Z wrote:i got one in! |:> not a snowball's chance in winning considering the competition but hey :awesome:
BEST. COMPLIMENT. EVAR!

(that was mine btw)
Yes, I was disappointed your video didn't get more love, but it doesn't really surprise me (the audio source was too atypical, I think). Good job though, you should be proud of it. Definitely in my top three favorite videos in the contest.

ReggieSmalls
Org Profile

Post by ReggieSmalls » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:54 am

Congrats to the finalist, mine was #163
Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:25 am

voted! i did my best to select a single video only once, but if i REALLY felt it was deserving over its competitors then it got my vote. a good lot of them were tough.
Spoiler :
Saamon Dansu best of show. i've watched that one the most. :nose:

Sephiroth
Org Profile

Post by Sephiroth » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:06 am

i was planning to do a another video however my current situation prevented that.
Last edited by Sephiroth on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: The AWA 2013 Video Review Thread -- Now with nude photos

Post by Scintilla » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:48 am

Shin-AMV wrote:
AimoAio wrote: General thoughts: Guys, if you don’t know how to handle video quality properly, I don’t think you’re ready for this contest and at least frigging crop your borders off, it’s like 1 line in avisynth or render and ZOOM in on your AMV in your editing program. It’s not difficult.
This. If you need help with dealing with your sources don't be afraid to ask around. If anyone wants to PM me for some basic help on getting their sources up to par and presentable feel free. If you want a hardcore training course for it you could always ask meatwad too. He'll give you a flacking history lesson of AVIsynth that you don't even need, but at least your footage will be in the right aspect ratio, right frame rate, and not pixelated to hell.
/me wonders how many of the people who needed help with those issues actually read this forum.

Of course, there is absolutely no discussion of this year's contests going on on the official AWA forum either (the staff didn't even put up a thread to announce them!), so I'm not sure what the best place to advertise this kind of help WOULD be.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “AMV Contests”