The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AWA

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Postby jingoro » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:06 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:What I hear is "lulz, watch this thread until 11:59PM EST as I toy with everyone waiting for the next round to start!" :asd:

Relax, chill... you've got all weekend, unless I go on a three-day bender and put the form up Sunday night.
User avatar
jingoro
 
Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: basking in the afterglow

Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:41 pm

I kinda assumed the deadline for final voting wouldn't be until like Monday or Tuesday anyways.
User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2004
Location: Merrimack, NH
Status: Extreeeeeeeeeme

Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Postby l33tmeatwad » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:07 pm

Were there ever confirmations sent out for masters? Just curious.
Sites: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Guides & Scripts: AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
User avatar
l33tmeatwad
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Status: Trolling

Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Postby jingoro » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:59 am

l33tmeatwad wrote:Were there ever confirmations sent out for masters? Just curious.

I'm dragging my feet picking a winner. As I've told several people, I cannot send them without breaking the blind. :-(
User avatar
jingoro
 
Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: basking in the afterglow

Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Postby Rider4Z » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:36 am

touche salesman.
Image Image
Image Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
User avatar
Rider4Z
Pirate King
 
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Location: Your pants
Status: ppbbbbbbbbbb~

Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Postby l33tmeatwad » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:01 am

jingoro wrote:
l33tmeatwad wrote:Were there ever confirmations sent out for masters? Just curious.

I'm dragging my feet picking a winner. As I've told several people, I cannot send them without breaking the blind. :-(

Ah, I just figured you'd have someone else send those.
Sites: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Guides & Scripts: AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
User avatar
l33tmeatwad
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Status: Trolling

Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Postby jingoro » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:21 am

l33tmeatwad wrote:
jingoro wrote:
l33tmeatwad wrote:Were there ever confirmations sent out for masters? Just curious.

I'm dragging my feet picking a winner. As I've told several people, I cannot send them without breaking the blind. :-(

Ah, I just figured you'd have someone else send those.
I did ask, but he is even more busy than I am. From the number of requests, I doubt he's done any better than I.
User avatar
jingoro
 
Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: basking in the afterglow

Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Postby jingoro » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:05 am

I realized there's no real deadline on the final voting, as I've nothing to say on the matter until the awards show. ;-)

Thus I will leave it open until Wednesday... we have about 10 participants who have not voted yet.

Masters has been decided, I will send confirmations to all who entered this evening.
User avatar
jingoro
 
Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: basking in the afterglow

Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Postby SailorDeath » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:46 am

jingoro wrote:I realized there's no real deadline on the final voting, as I've nothing to say on the matter until the awards show. ;-)

Thus I will leave it open until Wednesday... we have about 10 participants who have not voted yet.

Masters has been decided, I will send confirmations to all who entered this evening.


I was just wondering when you were gonna give the all clear to for everyone to reveal who made the finalists. I assume when you say "until Wednesday" the same time applies as the other deadlines (7:59am EST AKA Midnight on Baker Island Time)

Looks like I'm going to have to wait until Thursday to figure out who made Boxxed. Was so sure it was Koop, right up until he told me he didn't enter this year.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....
User avatar
SailorDeath
 
Joined: 26 Dec 2000
Location: Northwest Indiana

Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Postby jingoro » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:08 pm

SailorDeath wrote:I was just wondering when you were gonna give the all clear to for everyone to reveal who made the finalists. I assume when you say "until Wednesday" the same time applies as the other deadlines (7:59am EST AKA Midnight on Baker Island Time)
[original post deleted]

Yes, fine, whatever. 7:59AM EDT Thursday Midnight, Baker Island Time.
User avatar
jingoro
 
Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: basking in the afterglow

Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Postby SailorDeath » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:37 pm

jingoro wrote:
SailorDeath wrote:I was just wondering when you were gonna give the all clear to for everyone to reveal who made the finalists. I assume when you say "until Wednesday" the same time applies as the other deadlines (7:59am EST AKA Midnight on Baker Island Time)
[original post deleted]

Yes, fine, whatever. 7:59AM EDT Thursday Midnight, Baker Island Time.


No clue what the original post was but sorry fer being a pain in the butt.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....
User avatar
SailorDeath
 
Joined: 26 Dec 2000
Location: Northwest Indiana

Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Postby jingoro » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:29 am

SailorDeath wrote:No clue what the original post was but sorry fer being a pain in the butt.

It was a mild rant about breaking blind, however it was out of place, your request was fair enough and I had no right to bemoan other things on your post.

I'm sorry for my snippy attitude. It wasn't a good day.
User avatar
jingoro
 
Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: basking in the afterglow

Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Postby SailorDeath » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:01 am

jingoro wrote:
SailorDeath wrote:No clue what the original post was but sorry fer being a pain in the butt.

It was a mild rant about breaking blind, however it was out of place, your request was fair enough and I had no right to bemoan other things on your post.

I'm sorry for my snippy attitude. It wasn't a good day.



Don't worry about it, the reason I asked is cause I don't wanna break blind before the voting is done. Cause I do believe we should not try and pander for votes that way. Though in my case I think people knowing which video I made while voting is active would actually hurt my chances.

"That's Sailor Death's video? FUCK THAT GUY!"
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....
User avatar
SailorDeath
 
Joined: 26 Dec 2000
Location: Northwest Indiana

Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Postby jingoro » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:59 am

SailorDeath wrote:"That's Sailor Death's video? FUCK THAT GUY!"

lol ... actually what was bothering me was the people who revealed after nominations (since they were "out of the running" I suppose), but it's a discussion for another day.
User avatar
jingoro
 
Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Status: basking in the afterglow

Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Postby MaboroshiStudio » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:13 am

SailorDeath wrote:Don't worry about it, the reason I asked is cause I don't wanna break blind before the voting is done. Cause I do believe we should not try and pander for votes that way. Though in my case I think people knowing which video I made while voting is active would actually hurt my chances.

"That's Sailor Death's video? FUCK THAT GUY!"


You got that right! lol but people would say about my video "who the heck is Maboroshi Studio?"
User avatar
MaboroshiStudio
 
Joined: 01 Jan 2001
Status: Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests